PDA

View Full Version : Wheel refurb

big pete
18th June 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi , I need 1 wheel refurbed and wonder if anyone can recomend someone to do it. Im in Fort William so chances are Il need to post and have a return service. Thanks in advance

Knox18
18th June 2009, 01:56 PM
my sponsor powdertec has a post and return service :thumbs up:

quite a few of the NMS guys+gals have used him

they are located in glasgow, i was up in fort william for the world cup 2 weeks ago lol i could have picked it up :D

www.wheelsrefurbished.co.uk or give him a call on 0141 420 6063

ask for Michael :thumbs up:

mention chris knox put you in touch if you could :thumbs up:

big pete
18th June 2009, 09:24 PM
Cheers Chris , Ill do that. Dont know if you know him or not but Joe Barnes is my neighbour if your into mountain bikes:cool:

weefossy
14th July 2009, 07:31 PM
Want to get the black S spokes refurbed in high gloss black, as Mom is comfortable with the look :clap:.

Is it correct to assume that Powertec will do the best job?

I've had refurbs twice before, the first was a guy out of the back of a van who did the silver S spokes and I think he did a great job. Was recomended by one of Neil's pals who works with Porche.
2nd time was a local dealer on the old covertible wheels and I thought the job was "not so good". Both charged about £40 a wheel.

I know lots of NMS peps have had wheels done, good bad and indifferent, so what is the general recomendation? Would be more than happy to support Chris's sponsors if they are the best.

Craig
14th July 2009, 07:45 PM
I have used Powdertec and I was very happy with the results and most people know how fussy i am.. :rolleyes:

also coatech in carnoustie get a great name. Gismo has recently used them and Zimbo has used them before also. :yes nod:

ianking
14th July 2009, 07:57 PM
There is also a company just round the corner from my work that are doing powder coating now. They have done some work for my Dad (not wheels though but we were very happy with the job they done).

They are called 'Metaplas' in Bilston Glen Industrial Estate, 0131 440 1233

Mini Ecosse
14th July 2009, 08:32 PM
Powdertech did a good job on my mini wheels.

However there is now a place in Oban doing wheel refurbishment.

Not heard any feedback re quality of workmanship.

If you want address and phone numbers pm me

Stephen

weefossy
8th August 2009, 09:52 AM
Got the wheels done by powdertec and I think they did a great job. They picked the wheels up and returned them for just £70 which I thought was good value. Saved me 2 trips to Glasgow and a lot time, which I don't seem to have much of at present.
Did get a scare when Mom phoned me to say, wheels are back, but they are navy blue....guys in her garage were really winding her up :D

Just hope I can keep them shiney, need to get some poorboys (Mr King) apparently.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/StoneysWeddingVan.jpg

Craig
8th August 2009, 11:28 AM
Nice one Malcolm - looking :cool::cool:

Crombers
8th August 2009, 01:19 PM
most people know how fussy i am.. :rolleyes:

You...............................REALLY !! :Whistle: