PDA

View Full Version : Poor ventilation.

Starky
8th May 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm just sorry I didn't spec air con. the couple of nice days we've had showed up just how poor it is, first thought I had a blockage somewhere with hardly a breath coming thru the vents,shocking, anybody else noticed this?:eek:

lightbody
8th May 2004, 11:09 PM
Have you checked the exit vents in the boot are clear? THey can make a big difference.

I have the aircon, but the standard ventilation is excellent too. The car rarely mists up and can give a very good blast of air through all the vents.

Starky
9th May 2004, 02:24 AM
My boot was empty apart from cd changer and cargo net, where aboots are they anyway Rob?, it's pissin doon outside at the minute but i'll have a wee gander, there is air comin thru but you've got tae put the blower right up. It wis like a bloody sauna the other day.
Aye, just had a look, found them under the lip of the sill, apart from bits of felt stuck onto the grilles and without takin the panel off, there doesn't appear to be any blockages. Parcel shelf grill was ok too, maybe get the dealer to check it out, I don't know whats the norm.

KenL
9th May 2004, 03:31 AM
Eh! Have you tried usin' the fan ;):D

I don't have AC in the MINI but apart from one day last year when drivin' to Glesga in 29.5C heat I've never been bothered. Opening the window or turning or the fan usually does the trick for me.

Big Col
9th May 2004, 04:11 AM
Starky I had the same problem. Then I found a dial with numbers round it. When I cranked it up to 4 the problem went away. ;):clown:

Starky
10th May 2004, 12:08 AM
Ha Ha Col, I did mention in my post that u had to put the blower(FAN)right up, seriously now, the ventilation is the poorest i've had on a motor, lowering the window's ok at low speeds but aint the answer on the M8.

Starky
10th May 2004, 12:12 AM
I know, maybe get the convertable, that should do it.

ny152
10th May 2004, 04:31 AM
Not had any problems at all with the ventilation on the diesel.
Rarely need to put it higher than one on the dial.
Manual aircon is good as well, though a bit noisy, but I have hardly used that.

KenL
10th May 2004, 04:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

You must run your A/C regularly to keep it fresh (stops it going stinky) and to lubricate seals to lessen the chance of the gas leaking.

I think you are best to run it for half and hour or so one a week.

Duncan Stewart
10th May 2004, 05:32 PM
Nope. My air vents were blasting out the cool air yesterday as we cruised down the A9 in 18 degrees heat - lovely!

ny152
11th May 2004, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

You must run your A/C regularly to keep it fresh (stops it going stinky) and to lubricate seals to lessen the chance of the gas leaking.

I think you are best to run it for half and hour or so one a week.

Yeah, I remember the salesman telling me that the first time I got aircon in a car - thought he was spinning me a line. Then a mechanic told me it was good to run it at full blast every now and again, so every month or so I wack it on full blast for a wee while anyway - but very rarely out of necessity.

Saying that, had to put the aircon on today to cool things down a bit when I popped out of work at lunchtime :cool: