PDA

View Full Version : The official "I HATE Internet Explorer 8 Thread!"

AndyP & Lenore
15th June 2009, 09:45 PM
Hate it.:ragin:

There isn't a day goes past when I don't have to close ALL the IE windows, but cause it refuses to open a fresh one. Close all the open ones and it will open news ones again quite happily - for a couple of hours then it buggers up again.

Hate it.:ragin: Hate it.:ragin: Hate it.:ragin:

A.:ragin::ragin::ragin:

Bumble
15th June 2009, 11:53 PM
watch the blood pressure! it's only a click or two. I'm not having that problem with it

GCA3N
16th June 2009, 06:09 AM
Having similar problems, don't have the anger issues though:Whistle::lol:

Mini Ecosse
16th June 2009, 06:16 AM
Keep calm, remember you are at a difficult age!:thud::bigwave::bigwave:

Burple
16th June 2009, 09:22 AM
Couldn't give a monkeys... lol ;) Firefox all the way! :laugh::laugh::p

Big Gordy
16th June 2009, 10:35 AM
My work runs Explorer and I've never had a problem with it:popcorn: I run Firefox at home tho:thumbs up:

Smitty
16th June 2009, 08:07 PM
Well why not change? :Whistle::p

The Internet Browser market isn't a monopoly you know. And it's pretty simple to change ;) :D

Colin
16th June 2009, 08:55 PM
Hate it.:ragin:

There isn't a day goes past when I don't have to close ALL the IE windows, but cause it refuses to open a fresh one. Close all the open ones and it will open news ones again quite happily - for a couple of hours then it buggers up again.

Hate it.:ragin: Hate it.:ragin: Hate it.:ragin:

A.:ragin::ragin::ragin:

That's what you get for using Microshaft products :moonie: firefox for me :hand:

Scottie
16th June 2009, 09:31 PM
I use forfox on my mac flip between that and safari.

going to put firefox on my mums pc.

Anyone have a Microsoft office ultimate with 1 user still available on it I'll buy it from you.

mini saltire
17th June 2009, 08:57 AM
IE 8 been fine with me, the occaisonal unable to open but nothing to get too wound up about, nothing nearly as bad as IE 7 now that was a pile of :hand:.

The Dogfather
17th June 2009, 09:05 AM
The new Safari is excellent and so quick. Time to try Firefox Andy methinks

Gismo
21st June 2009, 09:13 PM
Since the latest windows updates my IE8 works perfectly and i'll be sticking with it :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2009, 10:26 PM
Since the latest windows updates my IE8 works perfectly and i'll be sticking with it :thumbs up:

Hmmm:confused:. Really?:confused: When did you get those updates?

A.

Gismo
21st June 2009, 10:32 PM
Hmmm:confused:. Really?:confused: When did you get those updates?

A.Yesterday

Ally S
21st June 2009, 10:40 PM
i got the update a few days ago. i think it was an upgrade from ie7 to ie8. did u maybe have the beta ie8?

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2009, 10:51 PM
Yesterday

OK. Was mental busy yesterday so didn't see if there were updates to install. Will look tomorrow, but new server, POS machines, chip & pin machines, web transaction clients and upgraded software all being installed tomorrow and Tuesday - wish me luck - PLEASE.

i got the update a few days ago. i think it was an upgrade from ie7 to ie8. did u maybe have the beta ie8?

Not sure Ally. I thought it was the real deal, but the update may fix some of the bugs.

A.

Ally S
22nd June 2009, 07:24 PM
you would probably only have the beta version if you had downloaded it yourself and not through the update process.

euan
22nd June 2009, 09:12 PM
I use forfox on my mac flip between that and safari.

going to put firefox on my mums pc.

Anyone have a Microsoft office ultimate with 1 user still available on it I'll buy it from you.

Fi - have you tried Open Office instead? Opens all the standard Office docs and is pretty good for all I need at home.

Ferengo
23rd June 2009, 12:16 AM
Using a mac with firefox. No time for your Microsoft nonsense :p.

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2009, 12:57 AM
IE is officially ditched. Switched to Google Chrome. Does everything it says on the tin. Doesn't freeze up and is a simple, uncluttered browser.

IE7 at home and IE8 in work were both freezing when trying to open new pages when we already had a browser open. All updates downloaded and installed but still wouldn't work.

Stuff it, life's too short.:thumbs up:

One thing though... Google Chrome's own spell checker wants to change Google to Goggle. Go figure.:frown:

A.:D

Gismo
11th July 2009, 01:12 AM
And i went back to IE8 after the last round of updates and have not had any problems, don't ya just love Bill Gates :argh: