PDA

View Full Version : How often...

Ally S
15th June 2009, 01:04 PM
do you have to tell your passenger that you need to pull the door handle twice? - once to unlock and once to open the door (when engine running with autolock). I had to shout the last time as i thought they were gonna pull the whole thing off.

or is it just me that has the autolock enabled?

baptie
15th June 2009, 01:09 PM
I think its great, I take my grandparents shopping on a saturday.
My papa would dive out the car whilst you were mid reverse, Now he is trapped looking for the open lever as that one doesn't work

Bazthemod
15th June 2009, 01:10 PM
Yeh it drives me nuts haha ... now my mates are fully briefed on how to open my door as they risk a slap round the head for pulling on it really hard. :p;):D

You often get strange looks when people are in your car for first time and suddenly all the doors lock as we drive off :rolleyes:

Stewart
15th June 2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah the “ Lets pull it harder till it opens” people.. in fairness I always jump the gun and remind them……..

Fairy
15th June 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah the “ Lets pull it harder till it opens” people.. in fairness I always jump the gun and remind them……..

:clap::lol: Its funny watching folk tug on the door handle hoping if they pull it harder it will open - but dont want anyone hurting my MINI so I too instruct them before we stop! :Whistle:

Colin
15th June 2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah had that, I'm always waiting for it to snap off :eek:

stephgolding
15th June 2009, 04:05 PM
OMG i know im sick of telling people.. even if i tell them before we have stopped 'remember and pull the handle twice' they still sit there like... how do u open this? im like PULL IT TWICE! ughhh!

ianking
15th June 2009, 06:15 PM
I always try and get in there just before they try and rip the handle off, I flick the door lock toggle switch on the dash just before we stop if I dont have a regular passenger in my car.

Stewart
15th June 2009, 06:37 PM
Here I may be off the mark here but if you flick the wee switch does it open on the one normal pull?

AndyP & Lenore
15th June 2009, 06:49 PM
Very sad AndyP confession coming up... prepare yourselves...

More often than I'd like to admit to, I still forget. Even when I'm sitting in the passenger seat. One pull, a general shift in the body to leave the vehicle - oh oh! door still there - THUMP! My forehead usually meets the glass with a resounding crash. I sort of fall back into the seat, look round at Lenore who is usually going :frown:

I'll remember one day.

A.:blush:

GCA3N
15th June 2009, 08:03 PM
Very sad AndyP confession coming up... prepare yourselves...

More often than I'd like to admit to, I still forget. Even when I'm sitting in the passenger seat. One pull, a general shift in the body to leave the vehicle - oh oh! door still there - THUMP! My forehead usually meets the glass with a resounding crash. I sort of fall back into the seat, look round at Lenore who is usually going :frown:

I'll remember one day.

A.:blush:

Aye , old age indeed...:lol:

audrey
15th June 2009, 08:47 PM
My sister is in my car at least a few times a week and she still tugs on the handle. Everybody does it drives me mad :frown:

bazzaric
15th June 2009, 09:25 PM
lol, epic thread...

This happens to me every day!!

Ally S
15th June 2009, 10:26 PM
ha! i guess its not just me then :D

Scottie
15th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Only ever Allan or I that are passengers in my Mini so don't really have the problem.

However I find it more annoying people slamming the door shut :argh::argh:

Mini Ecosse
16th June 2009, 06:22 AM
All the time, usually dive for switch to unlock door as pulling into parking places.

bazzaric
16th June 2009, 11:26 PM
Only ever Allan or I that are passengers in my Mini so don't really have the problem.

However I find it more annoying people slamming the door shut :argh::argh:

It annoys me more when they say "my god, this door is so heavy" then still manage to slam it shut so hard!!

Ally S
17th June 2009, 12:58 PM
It annoys me more when they say "my god, this door is so heavy" then still manage to slam it shut so hard!!

my wifes polo is worse, the door slams shut all by itself.