PDA

View Full Version : anyone else watch Murray @ Queens today

Scottie
14th June 2009, 03:34 PM
He made it look easy against the world sixth seat.:clap::clap:

Still not to sure he'll get the wimbledon title this year.

Ivano
14th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah I watched it, he had a great week at Queen's Club. :thumbs up::D:D

I'm delighted he won.. at least he has still got a week to prepare and practice for Wimbledon.

GCA3N
14th June 2009, 05:23 PM
Brilliant performance, lets hope he can do it next week too, big ask but you never know.

N12 JLK
14th June 2009, 08:27 PM
Was out with the dog, so recorded it on the old sky plus. Done it in HD and when I sat down to watch it, it was all jumpy.

Not chuffed:frown:

But well done Andy;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2009, 08:57 PM
I've been following Andy all year. Watched almost all of his matches, from the Qatar open in January to today's win at Queens. I've also subscribed to www.tennistv.com so that I can have his matches on when I'm in work, as I don't have Sky Sports in work.

What a huge change in Andy's tennis in the past 12 to 18 months, but in particular since he was runner-up at the US open last year - losing to Federer.

He did make Blake look like a bit of an amateur today, as he has done with almost all his opponents this tournament. Across all 5 matches he only dropped his serve 3 times - those are Nadal and Federer beating stats. And let's not forget, of the last four times he's met Nadal, he beat him twice. And he currently has a 6-2 lead over meetings with Federer. Federer's form has been slipping until recently, and Nadal may not even make Wimbledon due to injury.

So, all-in-all, I'd say Andy will have a very good chance to take the Wimbledon title come three weeks today. Just don't tell him, 'cos the pressure gets to him.:sad:

A.:D

Ivano
14th June 2009, 09:26 PM
That's what i like to see Andy... A big tennis fan on here :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Smitty
14th June 2009, 09:46 PM
Good post Andy - sum's up Murray complelty.

Fingers crossed for Wimbeldon..I just think he'll crack uder pressure :sad:

He needs to get a major under his belt soon though...otherwise he is in risk of becoming another "Hemman" - which would be a shame as it's a fair bit more taleted than Tiger Tim!! :D

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2009, 11:10 PM
Good post Andy - sum's up Murray complelty.

Fingers crossed for Wimbeldon..I just think he'll crack uder pressure :sad:

He needs to get a major under his belt soon though...otherwise he is in risk of becoming another "Hemman" - which would be a shame as it's a fair bit more taleted than Tiger Tim!! :D

I really think it's just a matter of time. Whether it's on grass or hard court, I suspect he will lift 2000 points at some point in the next 12 months. I think his clay game needs more work, although he did well to get into the quarters in paris.

I love the Wimbledon tournament:thumbs up:. The only problem is it is played out at the same time as our business goes ballistic with customers, and as much as I love to watch tennis and especially watch Andy play tennis, when there's a queue, there's a queue and that comes first - every time. So I often end up watching the first two games of a match, get called out the office and eventually get back in to the office and find the studio are analyzing how well he played to win the match.:frown:

A.:D

shaunbhoy67
15th June 2009, 10:26 PM
ye i watched it he played well, frustrated the hell out of blake does that to so many people think he will go far at wimbledon:thumbs up: