PDA

View Full Version : Possible Group Buy. MINI Specific Gauges

MrMischief
12th June 2009, 10:40 PM
I've been looking for some additional gauges to sit either side of the rev counter, similar to the ALTA pod design but without the excessive cost of the little plastic pod. I've found a neat solution to this and also a gauge manufacturer that are designing a range specifically to match the MINI interior. Not sure if any of you have heard of them before but the Marshall Instruments website detailing their full range of products is HERE (http://www.marshallinstruments.com/)

The MINI range is still currently under development but will be coming onto the market in 3-4 weeks. Apart from matching the dial design, they can accomodate various bezel finishes including a match to the chrome line interior. The new design (R56) will also be catered for.

They normally rely on their distribution network to sell their products, but I have managed to negotiate a deal to be supplied direct from the manufacturer in the U.S., cutting out the middle man and hopefully saving us a few pennies along the way.

I'm still waiting for the finalised pricing details to come through, but it would be good to see if there's enough interest to make this viable?

Stick your name down if this appeals to you.... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2009, 10:19 PM
I think William (MiniWilliam) used to have these. Or am I thinking of something else?

A.;)

countdown
24th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Just to point out I followed this how to on NAM

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/electrical/58578-autometer-boost-gauge-for-70-a.html

Mount bezel costs like a tenner or so and is pretty neat looking, I also purchased the autometer guage from realsteal http://www.realsteel.co.uk/

If I could get a guage thats more like the mini guage though I would be interested, as the autometer is about the closest to OEM I could find at the moment :thumbs up:

MINI William
25th June 2009, 11:21 AM
I think William (MiniWilliam) used to have these. Or am I thinking of something else?

A.;)

Not me Andy.Ive got a dashdaq :yes nod:

Gaz-Muir
7th August 2009, 11:20 AM
Nothing happen of this? Wouldn't mind having one.... :thumbs up:

countdown
27th October 2009, 04:17 PM
MINI also now sell the guage pod just like the alta one for a fraction of the price, about £20 i think. Fit whatever 52mm gauge's you like in it.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RE32&mospid=48020&btnr=62_0497&hg=62&fg=95

Livi
27th October 2009, 04:38 PM
There is 2 types that MINI do.

The one you see in the picture is only for water temp and battery guage, which will sit up beside the rev counter without chrono pack.

the other would suit my MINI for eg. having Chrono Pack where the speedo and rev sits above the steering wheel, the guages would sit just under the window, DSC, foglights switch etc....

MrMischief
27th October 2009, 08:46 PM
Nothing happen of this? Wouldn't mind having one.... :thumbs up:

Serious lack of interest from NMS members, Gaz, you're about the only one :frown:

I was offline for a while too when we moved house, but I'll fire an email across the pond to see how the new style gauges look.

David, gauge pod sounds good to me, one up beside the rev counter please - can you order one up cheers :thumbs up:

Gaz-Muir
27th October 2009, 10:00 PM
Check the original link, the Mini gauges are already up on their site!! :thumbs up:

Ive ordered a Mini gauge holder, just to decide which gauges now!

Will we get any discount since it was your idea? :D

L13ARG
28th October 2009, 08:40 AM
any ideas how much the mounting pods are ? Looked at gauges on original posts web site look good.

Livi
28th October 2009, 09:17 AM
David, gauge pod sounds good to me, one up beside the rev counter please - can you order one up cheers :thumbs up:

Steve, have ordered, but backorder, shall hopefully have it allocated to me as i have placed on urgent order.

The pod holder is £30.00 inc vat and discount :thumbs up:

Gaz-Muir
28th October 2009, 10:07 AM
:eek:

I ordered one yesterday, with 15% discount cost me a tad under £35!

Think im to expect it today!

countdown
28th October 2009, 04:24 PM
The mini cooper guages on the marshall website look pretty good :cool:

Smitty
29th October 2009, 12:39 AM
I'm guessing that £30/£35 is just for the holders, and not the actual gauges and associated wiring?

Forbes
29th October 2009, 12:47 AM
You are correct Smitty, that would be cheap. And you only have a Cooper:p:laugh:

Gaz-Muir
29th October 2009, 11:56 AM
Recieved my gauge holder from BMW yesterday, looks good. Turned out a shade under £40 with vat and 15% discount! Expensive for what it is but cheaper than the aftermarket ones and its the best looking.

Needa decide what gauges are going in, one def boost. Might cut the holder to just hold one gauge.

Do we get a discount on marshall gauges then?????

MrMischief
31st October 2009, 11:39 PM
Do we get a discount on marshall gauges then?????

If we can get over $500 worth of business together then they will send the shipment to the UK & give us a wholesale price on each unit.

PS Gaz were you driving through Cupar last Sunday, we were in my VW in front of one that looked pretty identical to yours?

Gaz-Muir
2nd November 2009, 03:09 AM
Thats only 4 or 5 gauges then really!?

Id 100% take a boost gauge.....

Nope wasnt me, my car now has white wheels, lower and Lohen side decals! :thumbs up:

Gaz-Muir
18th November 2009, 11:34 AM
???? :yawn: