PDA

View Full Version : If any of you guys.....

Big Gordy
12th June 2009, 03:52 PM
...out there in Mini land are toying with the idea of moving up to the new Nissan GTR you should maybe read the following Nissan warranty ststement:eek: (I found this on the scottishelise website:thumbs up:)
-------------------------------
Warranty

1. The warranty is voided by performance driving on roads other than public roads (pg 7 warranty manual) i.e. no trackdays or driver tuition off public roads

2. The warranty is voided by driving with ESP off (page 8 warranty manual)

The following also basically limits fast driving on the roads! (page http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

"After performance driving on roads other than public roads......... OR driving your GTR for extended periods under the following conditions:
Higher rpm (approaching redline) operation
Frequent high force brake pedal braking from moderate or high speeds
Frequent throttle activation
Fast revving throughout the rpm range
In such cases it is recommended to have the warranty re-instatement inspection performed i.e. the GTR should not be revved, accelerated or braked hard!!!!!!!!!

Fluids

The following apply to the frequency of fluid changes.

1. If the oil temperature reaches 110c during driving, the oil must be changed every 1800 miles (pg23). If the oil temp exceeds 130c the car must be stopped and oil changed immediately.

2. If the transmission temperature reaches 110c then the oil must be changed every 1800 miles (pg 23) at a cost of about £450 for the fluid alone!. If the temperature exceeds 140c then transmission and differential oils must be changed immediately. Tests in Australia and the US on track, have shown that one lap of a trackday has oil exceeding 110c and 5 laps had it reach 136c. By comparison Porsche's PDK gearbox simply requires an oil change every 120,000 miles and no mentions of temperatures etc.

3.The brake fluid must be changed every 3000 miles, if the car has been 'performance driven' as above.

The normal service interval is also a short 6000 miles and the transmission oil interval is 18,000 even if the car has never been 'performance driven'. The same information from the warranty manual is repeated on page 12-13 of the Owners Manual.

Brake-pad bedding

The brake-pad breaking-in procedure is detailed (page 16 of the owners manual) that requires that a technician drive the customers car and do hard braking from 75mph 15 times in succession (but somehow not on a public road?). I don't particularly want to have a mechanic to drive my car that hard on public roads in this way, nor would I fancy living near a dealer who had mechanics doing this for every car they cover.

Never before, has a car been so hyped for it's track performance, yet have so many restrictions been placed on how the owners may use it and how onerous the servicing/maintenance then becomes.

-----------------------------

As a result I've cancelled my order:rolleyes:

Hamish
12th June 2009, 03:59 PM
surely bedding in the pads would then deem the warranty void hahaha

GCA3N
12th June 2009, 05:49 PM
I can't believe you could get one of these, just buy it, sit it on your drive and drool on it.

camjay
12th June 2009, 05:49 PM
Do you know what? If I had the money, I wouldn't care - I'd still get one!:thumbs up: