PDA

View Full Version : Bird Poop "Haze"

KenL
10th June 2009, 08:50 PM
Yesterday a grotty bird poo was deposited on my car :ragin:

Knowing that this can be bad for paint, I soaked it and managed to remove it. There was still a residual mark which would not shift with just water and a soft cloth.

It looks like there is a "haze" in the top coat. I gave it a gentle polish with Klasse AIO which seemed to shift it.

However, I had another look tonight and the hazy mark is still there. This poop was laid and removed the same day and my car had a fresh coat of Collinite wax on it.

So, could someone suggest a remedy to remove this mark? I have the Klasse (should I keep going with that?), some Meguairs Scratch-x, some P21 paint cleanser and some tar remover.

Any of these any use or could someone recommend a product or method that will sort it out.

rpn
10th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Meguairs Scratch X and plenty of elbow grease.

Works for me :thumbs up:

Stewart
11th June 2009, 09:22 AM
I had a bird poo Removed and it could have only been there max an Hour and it left a mark....God knows what these things are eating......

Tried my light polish and it made a slight difference.
It’s only a finishing polish with little abrasives, probably something with a bit more bite would shift it but I have two coats of SLP and wax on the roof

The Car actually came with a few bird poo Marks on the roof that you can only see if the sun hits the roof at the right angle.

I resigned to the Fact that next year I’m getting my roof Machine polished so Its not too annoying and no one but me would ever notice it as you really have to be about six inches from it to even have a chance to see it.

http://www.theultimateshine.com/

This guy offered to do it when i was ready.............

ianking
11th June 2009, 12:16 PM
Ken

I wouldnt rub it hard with scratch X as the compound will no doubt leave more scratches on your black paint.

Only way I have found to get rid of them if hand polishing doesnt shift it is to machine polish them. Sometimes it needs wet sanding before machine polishing as it is so deep.

KenL
11th June 2009, 10:10 PM
Ken

I wouldnt rub it hard with scratch X as the compound will no doubt leave more scratches on your black paint.

Only way I have found to get rid of them if hand polishing doesnt shift it is to machine polish them. Sometimes it needs wet sanding before machine polishing as it is so deep.

That sounds like good advice. No point trying to rub away something that is virtually invisible only to leave behind worse scratches.

I've give it another light going over with Klasse AIO and leave it at that.

Thanks to those who have replied :thumbs up:

Scottie
11th June 2009, 10:16 PM
just taken some bird poo off my car tonight has been there for two days:eek::eek::eek: Glad to report that no damage has been done. Either my many coats of wax/lsp saved the paint work or I have paint friendly bird poo in Bridge of Allan.

baptie
11th June 2009, 11:11 PM
just depooped the 'S', must be health gulls here as it fell off.

Not a big cleaner but as long as there is a bit of wax on the body the turds should be well protected.

KenL
12th June 2009, 04:22 PM
Not a big cleaner but as long as there is a bit of wax on the body the turds should be well protected.

My car is two months old and has three coats of Collinte wax on it, the last applied about a week before bird poo.

It has still managed to mark the clear coat. I guess my seagull had a donner with extra chilli sauce or something :ragin:

KenL
13th June 2009, 08:39 PM
Had another go with Klasse AIO to gently remove the haze.

I gently rubbed it in for a few applications and it appears to gone this time. I can't see it at all when looking at it from any angle!

Scottie
13th June 2009, 09:21 PM
good to read.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

audrey
13th June 2009, 11:06 PM
good to read.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

+1 :d

GCA3N
14th June 2009, 05:59 AM
most folks would have given up, well done, OCD marks out of 10= 11

KenL
14th June 2009, 03:02 PM