PDA

View Full Version : R56 xenons

fartypants11
8th June 2009, 10:42 PM
Can anyone tell me if is possible to fit xenon headlights r56 to a Cooper r56 fitted with non xenon at the mo.

baptie
8th June 2009, 10:54 PM
you could do it to R55 so I would think it is possible, will need to be virginised by your local mini dealer!

Bazthemod
8th June 2009, 10:58 PM
You can do it but it requires electrical upgrades and also upgrade the washer system as you require washer by law with xenons.

By time you factor these modifications along with the units its usually very costly :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
9th June 2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, wot Baz said.:thumbs up:

However, you could simply install a hid kit. Relatively inexpensive but without the headlight washers would probably be illegal.:sad:

A.:D

Big Gordy
9th June 2009, 08:18 AM
I think its the self levelling function that's required with HID's to make them legal. No doupt KenL will be along shortly to keep us all right:yes nod:

Mealie
10th July 2009, 05:12 PM
Asked a dealer this very Q ie how much for Xenon's onto a non-Xenon R56
Forget the exact figure but it was over £2000. I think in the region of £2.2k
Shall wait for my next MINI

Hamish
10th July 2009, 05:32 PM
just out of curiousity... why does the xenons etc require a washer system by law? sorry if its a dumb question but I didnt realise that. :S

Gismo
10th July 2009, 05:47 PM
I think it's due to the nature of the beam, which, when the lens gets covered in crap distorts the angle therefore potentially blinding on coming drivers, with the washer system the crap is allegedly washed off.

Not 100 per cent on that :confused:

Hamish
10th July 2009, 06:28 PM
ahhh, i see, ur probably right... is it just me or does everyone else agree the washers are rubbish lol

Craig
10th July 2009, 08:40 PM
I think it's due to the nature of the beam, which, when the lens gets covered in crap distorts the angle therefore potentially blinding on coming drivers, with the washer system the crap is allegedly washed off.

Not 100 per cent on that :confused:

for once you are bang on the money.... :thud::thumbs up: also that is why they have to have auto levelling aswell... :yes nod:

Gismo
10th July 2009, 09:35 PM
for once you are bang on the money.... :thud::thumbs up:
:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
10th July 2009, 11:39 PM
ahhh, i see, ur probably right... is it just me or does everyone else agree the washers are rubbish lol

The washers do the job of cleaning the headlamps, but the spray also "cleans" (read: covers in streaky dirty water) the bonnet, the windscreen, the roof, the side windows, the a pillars, the b pillars, the c pillars, the rear window, the rear bumper and the tail pipes.:frown:

As such, there is a Poole Rule that we (read: "I") am not allowed to use them.:rolleyes:

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
10th July 2009, 11:44 PM
As such, there is a Poole Rule that we (read: "I") am not allowed to use them.:rolleyes:

A.:thumbs up:So, you don't use your window washers at night then :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
10th July 2009, 11:46 PM
So, you don't use your window washers at night then :rolleyes:

Nope. If we do, we give the lever a quick flick to make the water jet onto the windscreen, but not enough to bring on the headlamp washers. Obviously, common sense applies and during adverse weather conditions and when it is genuinely required for safe driving - especially at wintertime - all bets are off and we "skoosh" as much as is required.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
11th July 2009, 12:01 AM
Nope. If we do, we give the lever a quick flick to make the water jet onto the windscreen, but not enough to bring on the headlamp washers. Obviously, common sense applies and during adverse weather conditions and when it is genuinely required for safe driving - especially at wintertime - all bets are off and we "skoosh" as much as is required.:thumbs up:

you really don't have to explain yourself

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2009, 12:05 AM

Mr Gismo has a fishing rod, likes to use it and I too often get caught on the hook.:frown:

Gismo
11th July 2009, 12:11 AM

Mr Gismo has a fishing rod, likes to use it and I too often get caught on the hook.:frown:

A.:D:Whistle: :bigwave: :laugh:

Hamish
11th July 2009, 12:15 AM
Lmao, enjoyed reading the banter on this thread guys, thanks hehe

dad has the headlight washers on his car, totally agree utter rubbish

the best use they've had was when I used to get my mates to check "broken headlights" and I soaked them with it! Unfortunately they learned quickly so my amusement didn't last!!!

Fartin Martin
13th December 2009, 03:01 PM
Right!..am really confused:confused:

Where are these wee washer things..Ive never seen them on my car..and how do I use them??..I wondered why i had two windscreen washer tanks..just thot Bmw were being fancy!!lol:p

cheers

Martin