PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...

Ally S
8th June 2009, 07:33 PM
The rear parcel shelf is designed to rest right behind the front seats upside down when it is removed from it's normal place.

The Mini was designed to be slighty off balance so that it was closer to 50/50 weight distribution with a driver

The Mini has equal length driveshafts in order to prevent torque steer

The dealership knows how fast your car has been

GCA3N
8th June 2009, 08:07 PM
The dealership knows how fast your car has been

oh oh.......:blush:

Stewart
8th June 2009, 09:29 PM
Did you know that if you’re a twat like me you can try and clean that dirty smudge at the very bottom of the drivers window on the inside, only to fail and fail again before you realise that when you see it from the outside and when you open the door to clean it, it drops an inch or so under the door like it does hence why you miss it……..Bloody Mini’s….:argh::argh::argh:

Good set of facts all the same……..thanks for sharing. :thumbs up:

Forbes
8th June 2009, 09:45 PM
Knew 1 and 3. But haven't heard the others before. Adds to my mountain of useless information

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
8th June 2009, 10:29 PM
Whats the point of publishing a top speed if you cant prove you can do it....!!!! :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
8th June 2009, 10:42 PM
Whats the point of publishing a top speed if you cant prove you can do it....!!!! :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

on a track obviously.... ;)

Crombers
9th June 2009, 09:11 AM
on a track obviously.... ;)

Indeed, on a track. Sheesh, some folks eh :Whistle:

Stewart
9th June 2009, 09:20 AM
Just drive to France and go on the motorway.....Find a speed Camera and go for it. Know a friend of a friend who did over 100 MPH in a 2CV and got done to prove it with a wee picture of his car doing said speed by the nice police department and only a £40 fine no points..............:thumbs up:

KenL
9th June 2009, 10:31 AM

That piece of design was not successful in the R56S!

Big Gordy
9th June 2009, 10:52 AM

Not being an expert on this but does that have much of an effect on torque steer:eek: I thought it was the actions of the front wheels trying to put the power down and jumping between left and right front tyres that caused torque steer:confused: Maybe one of the racers can explain it better:rolleyes:

euan
9th June 2009, 01:02 PM
I think the driveshaft length is one reason why you get torque steer, but not the only reason. It's all about balance as far as I can tell, so anything you can do to minimize it would be worth a go.

Ally S
11th June 2009, 01:11 PM
I think the driveshaft length is one reason why you get torque steer, but not the only reason. It's all about balance as far as I can tell, so anything you can do to minimize it would be worth a go.

this is what the wiki says if it helps to explain it

Nonsymmetric driveshaft angles, e.g. due to

* Nonsymmetric design of the vehicle, e.g. different driveshaft length
* Transient movement of the engine
* Tolerances in engine mounts

i guess the different angles must result in different amounts of force being applied

Fester
12th June 2009, 07:40 PM
Yes but I'm a smarty pants:moonie: