PDA

View Full Version : Waving @ Minis !!

Moorf
21st April 2003, 12:26 AM
Ok, what's wrong - none of the mini drivers wave back!!?? Saw quite a few today (all heading UP the M90 as we headed down to the Borders -was there a meet on ?!?!?) but only 1 of them waved back! There's me, flashing away like a nutter everytime I see one - Woz is waving madly from passenger seat and grinning insanely (nothing new there then!) - but the others drivers just didn't respond!

Is it just us?!?!?!?!

Moorf

knaone
21st April 2003, 12:42 AM
naa, its a common problem, you get some who flash and some who dont, dont feel offended, i was out yesterday for air and i only got the one wave from some girl in a black one, saw a load more minis and they didnt flash or wave :( i not just flash once unless i know the car and that they respond and they get a couple :p

Linda M
21st April 2003, 02:39 AM
I've been waving and flashing for nearly a year Moorf and I hardly ever get a response :( I'm afraid a lot of new MINI folk just aren't interested in the MINI scene :dead: But I keep trying or Daisy gets upset ;)

scott shand
21st April 2003, 02:57 AM
in my area most MINIs are owned by snoty women who seem to look there nose down at you if you wave or flash at them, the best thing to do is if you see any offending non wavers on a regular basis ie, on the way to and from work is to simply wave and flash as much as poss this seems to wind the offender up!

minidriver#1
21st April 2003, 04:17 AM
the ones that dont wave are the posers, the ones that do, are the fun people. you'll soon see that. its annoying and makes me embarassed when i wave and they dont back and you feel a right ponce, but its all part of the experience.

duncan
21st April 2003, 04:41 AM
I try to wave at all the MINIs i pass, but there are the odd one or two that you only see coming at the last moment.

But Scotts right about the snotty females. There's a basic One (with wheel trims!) in Perth that driver blanks you everytime you pass. Grrrr

Monsta Mo Mini
21st April 2003, 05:10 AM
Just got back from a trip up north (Aviemore) and most MINIs that we passed either waved or flashed. It's just around the big towns where the MINI is more comman that you get the nono-wavers. Their loss...:clown:

Moorf
21st April 2003, 06:27 AM
Well we're just going to keep on waving and flashing :D:D:D

We also seem to have quickly developed a habit of pointing into oncoming traffic and screaming "MINI MINI" like a pair of 2yr olds :D:D:D:D

I am sure these are all normal symptoms of mini-ownership and the doc has prescribed a week's holiday with as much driving as possible on bendy roads :cool::D:cool::D:cool::D

I am still trying to wipe the smile off my face after taking a corner at 70mph today weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D Believe me, for someone who used to tell her hubby to slow down it's an achievement!!!!

Moorf

GAJ
21st April 2003, 06:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moorf

We also seem to have quickly developed a habit of pointing into oncoming traffic and screaming "MINI MINI" like a pair of 2yr olds :D:D:D:D

Moorf

Hehe! Imagine doing that! Nothing remotely resembling that ever happens in my car?;)

Linda M
21st April 2003, 08:04 PM
I jump up and down shouting 'MINI MINI' then I remember I'm driving a car :clown:

Julz
21st April 2003, 08:37 PM
I'm quite bad for waving at minis when in robs car, so we're going to get a sticker saying 'my girlfriends (soon to be wife!) car's a mini!':D:D