PDA

View Full Version : Car booked in for Tuesday

Bazthemod
6th June 2009, 12:16 PM
Car goes in on Tuesday to see about the weird revving problem i seem to get when stop start system cant decided to shut off or not. one of guys says im wrong and it has nothing to do with stop start as the system doesnt control the throttle. He didnt really know what to say when i replied well if it's not that what is it? Hes blaming my rubber mats which are secured to the floor like many of the other thousands of minis.

Anyway hopefully there will be something logged in diagnostics :rolleyes:

Oh and warranty guy is taking pics of my alloys and sending them to BMW for a decision on whether they are to be replaced or not.

AndyP & Lenore
6th June 2009, 12:19 PM
Car goes in on Tuesday to see about the weird revving problem i seem to get when stop start system cant decided to shut off or not. one of guys says im wrong and it has nothing to do with stop start as the system doesnt control the throttle. He didnt really know what to say when i replied well if it's not that what is it? Hes blaming my rubber mats which are secured to the floor like many of the other thousands of minis.

Anyway hopefully there will be something logged in diagnostics :rolleyes:

Oh and warranty guy is taking pics of my alloys and sending them to BMW for a decision on whether they are to be replaced or not.

Best of luck on all of that Baz. Have you tried to "humour them" by taking the mats out and seeing if the revving issue remains?

Hope they replace the wheels.

A.

MINI William
6th June 2009, 12:28 PM
Hope you get this sorted Baz Ive not had my car all week due to the grill popping out and then damaging my bumper :argh::ragin::ragin::ragin::argh:.

Also pics have been sent to BMW for my R105's as they are corroding badly aswell.

GCA3N
6th June 2009, 12:36 PM
This is not a gr8 advert for mini. I can see why folks just give up sometimes. Best of luck with your probs guys.:thumbs up:

MINI William
6th June 2009, 12:51 PM
This is not a gr8 advert for mini. I can see why folks just give up sometimes. Best of luck with your probs guys.:thumbs up:

Not a huge probelm its the first problem ive had with any of my MINIs it wont stop me buying another one just because a small bit trim popped off and damaged the bumper.Its got a warranty so it goes goes straight in and gets fixed and i get a courtsy car

Bazthemod
6th June 2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah i have to say top marks to John Clarks who wanted to fill me with endless coffee and have also offered me another car on Tuesday so i'm not stranded.

William the 105's seem to be a huge problem from what i read over various forums.... kinda wondering if i should be cheeky and ask them to replace them with another style (if they agree to replace)

Thankfully no major problems... if i still had my mini one im sure my wallet would be bit lighter! :yes nod:

Bazthemod
6th June 2009, 01:18 PM
Have you tried to "humour them"

A.

Haha my humour ran out when i was asked if my foot was off the pedal! :rolleyes:

MINI William
6th June 2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah i have to say top marks to John Clarks who wanted to fill me with endless coffee and have also offered me another car on Tuesday so i'm not stranded.

William the 105's seem to be a huge problem from what i read over various forums.... kinda wondering if i should be cheeky and ask them to replace them with another style (if they agree to replace)

Thankfully no major problems... if i still had my mini one im sure my wallet would be bit lighter! :yes nod:

I have read that they are a bit of a problem but i only thought it was the burnished ones and not the black ones.it was only when I went to clean them and there is no paint on the back of the spokes and all the inner rim is bubbled and round the wheel nuts aswell.Took my pics up to the garage and they said they dont see a problem with replacing them.Im now thinking of asking if I can get something diffrent so they will fit over my brakes and hopefully not corod so badly.

Craig
6th June 2009, 02:29 PM
Best of luck Baz. Hope you get it sorted. :thumbs up: It amazes me sometimes what excuses dealers come up with for faults... :rolleyes::laugh:

Bazthemod
9th June 2009, 10:34 AM
I miss my car already ... got standard cooper as courtesy car... soo appreciate my sports seats and auto aircon and new car smell!

Wont be long hopefully :p:D

GCA3N
9th June 2009, 12:09 PM
I miss my car already ... got standard cooper as courtesy car... soo appreciate my sports seats and auto aircon and new car smell!

Wont be long hopefully :p:D

Have they said when you will get it back.

Bazthemod
9th June 2009, 12:15 PM
Just waiting on a call... doubt they will find anything... bloody annoying as it did it when i parked up outside the dealership!

So tempted to wash the courtesy car... must control my OCD :p

GCA3N
9th June 2009, 12:20 PM
Just waiting on a call... doubt they will find anything... bloody annoying as it did it when i parked up outside the dealership!

So tempted to wash the courtesy car... must control my OCD :p

Wash the courtesy car, get a grip. :eek:Actually i would have probs done that, especially if it was a nice day. I have to say I am even worse with my new car. When I was home for my last trip, I washed the car 12 times in 14 days:eek:. To make it worse it got waxed atleast 5-6 times too:eek:. I hate the car dirty even just a wee bit, nothing more satisfying than when it sits all gleaming bright and clean. What makes it worse is I enjoy cleaning too, double the need to keep it clean. How bad is that, i am actually ashamed.....:blush:

Bazthemod
9th June 2009, 12:26 PM
Sadly i can relate to that ... sometimes i wish i never found detailing world its what caused my OCD problem.

We should hold meetings and sit in a circle

- Hi i'm Barry and ... i'm...i'm addicted to washing my motor! :frown:

GCA3N
9th June 2009, 12:29 PM
Sadly i can relate to that ... sometimes i wish i never found detailing world its what caused my OCD problem.

We should hold meetings and sit in a circle

- Hi i'm Barry and ... i'm...i'm addicted to washing my motor! :frown:

Your right, i washed the car alot b4, but then I decided to try detailing world and look into cleaning and detailing properly, spent £200 last month on soap, cloths and special buckets, think the shop had big windows. Defo get a meeting sorted need to work out a name for it. My wife says S.B club!:eek:

Bazthemod
9th June 2009, 03:05 PM
Turns out my battery needed charged ... because i only do short trips in the car the battery isn't getting charged enough. Bring on more runs!

As for my alloys they wont entertain me until i produce an invoice which i don't have as i bought them off here! :sad: If anyone has an invoice for R105s i'll be your best buddy :lol::p