PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky Internet Security

Scottie
5th June 2009, 06:19 PM
Anyone use it. Thinking about buying it for my mums Laptop. Using the software4students website pretty cheap @ £14.63. Just wondering if it's good.

Colin
5th June 2009, 08:00 PM
It's gets a very good name, would recommend it.

I plan to get it when my Mc$h1tey runs out.

minimad
5th June 2009, 08:47 PM
its top class fiona:thumbs up:

Scottie
5th June 2009, 08:49 PM
Cheers Guys. I take it I should buy the anti virus one and the internet security one.?

Craig
5th June 2009, 09:54 PM
yeah, well worth getting both. :thumbs up:

cheaper than a rebuild.... :Whistle::bigwave:

euan
5th June 2009, 11:50 PM
Though not as cheap as the free stuff ;-)

www.avg.com in combination with the free version of zone alarms firewall is all you really need - I've run it on my home PC for 3 years with not one issue.

Of the "purchasable" ones, Kapersky has a pretty good name, much better than something like Norton.

MiniSnaps
6th June 2009, 12:47 AM
Tesco are doing it "free" with a Belkin laptop case for 20 quid...

AndyP & Lenore
6th June 2009, 02:06 AM
Never used Kaspersky, but AVG is first class. Waaaay better than McAfee or Norton, both of which just slowed my PC's to a halt.

A.

Scottie
6th June 2009, 08:21 AM
Tesco are doing it "free" with a Belkin laptop case for 20 quid...

cheers I'll look in to that.:thumbs up:

MiniSnaps
6th June 2009, 09:55 AM
Never used Kaspersky, but AVG is first class. Waaaay better than McAfee or Norton, both of which just slowed my PC's to a halt.

A.

My new laptop came with McAfee - lasted about 20 minutes then it was down to Tesco for the Kaspersky deal :D

Gismo
6th June 2009, 10:05 AM
Every test i've ever read always puts Kapersky at the top as the best to have, yet i still always stick with Norton :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
6th June 2009, 10:49 AM
Every test i've ever read always puts Kapersky at the top as the best to have, yet i still always stick with Norton :Whistle:

But you're old, set in your ways and afraid to try new things.:yes nod::thud::shut up::laugh:

A.:D

Gismo
6th June 2009, 11:03 AM
But you're old, set in your ways and afraid to try new things.:yes nod::thud::shut up::laugh:

A.:DCorrect :thumbs up: that and i've never had a problem with Norton ;)

Bazthemod
6th June 2009, 11:48 AM
The new norton has really cleaned up its act... now uses less than 10mb of ram and updates every 15 mins. You also now get 2GB of online encrypted storage.

However its much easier having a Mac :p

Craig
6th June 2009, 11:56 AM
Correct :thumbs up: that and i've never had a problem with Norton ;)

same here - had it now for about 8 years, never had any issues with being memory hungry... :thumbs up:

euan
7th June 2009, 09:25 AM
same here - had it now for about 8 years, never had any issues with being memory hungry... :thumbs up:

Have you upgraded it in that time though? An 8 year old version would run like the wind on Vista :D

Craig
7th June 2009, 09:42 PM
Have you upgraded it in that time though? An 8 year old version would run like the wind on Vista :D

yep, got the newest version on my laptop and my desktop (vista HP and XP Pro SP3) :thumbs up:

The Bull
8th June 2009, 01:25 AM
Our security guys tested Kaspersky and while it had good detection rates, it flagged up too many "false positives" to be used in a corporate environment. Probably spot on for home though. I like ESET NOD32.

euan
8th June 2009, 08:39 AM
yep, got the newest version on my laptop and my desktop (vista HP and XP Pro SP3) :thumbs up:

Well in that case it must be better than the old ones, as it ate all the memory of mine and my mates PC, took me AGES to get rid of it too!