PDA

View Full Version : plans for the mini

t18tav
5th June 2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Guys just an update on my plans for this year on the mini, I have just ordered Mini GP wheels in white, not sure what they will look like but hoping it looks good, main reason was because they are really light. I have also just got an Quote to get all the plastics painted on the car as i am fed up trying to keep them black lol and i am finally getting the head and high lift cam fitted, but that means diving down to lohen as know one up here wants to take on the job lol. So that is the plan for this year, would of all been done sooner but the dam car has cost me a fortune lately needing bits replaced and other road users hitting me :argh:

Will post pics when i get the wheels on to let you see.:thumbs up:

Forbes
5th June 2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds good. You have been off the radar for a while. Seen you last week though. Car will look really good. The GP wheels reps or resprayed real deal?

t18tav
5th June 2009, 05:23 PM
Reps getting them from Turriff tyres also putting Toyo proxi R888 on them to get a little bit more road grip :cool:

MartinSullivan
5th June 2009, 06:34 PM
Framor garage in Banchory have had the head off Martin Pages mini more time than I care to mention, might be worth giving them a shout to see if they will do it for you, the cam can be a pig to get set up but I reckon they might be up for it. 01330 823884

t18tav
6th June 2009, 12:16 AM
Cheers Martin but i think i am just going to get lohen to do it as i think he must have done it a few times more and will know what is needed plus i am getting a good deal on getting it done with a few extra bits done free :thumbs up:

doogz__
8th June 2009, 04:46 PM
What sort of camshafts are you going for? Don't want to go too wild with forced induction. Are you going to lower the compression a bit as well?

leeg87
8th June 2009, 06:42 PM
^^ +1 - the shrick? also which head are you going for? Big valves?

are you also fitting larger injectors? etc

t18tav
8th June 2009, 10:34 PM
I have already got the head and Cam got the Head from Aberdeen al and it is a shrick Cam with a fully adjustable GTT Cam end. Aberdeen Al said it was a janspeed head I think. When I had a look at it I decided to do a bit more work to it though as the Machines they use can only do so good so I had all the valves out and got in every nook and cranny, plus as it had been used it is always good to give it a clean.

That is all I am doing for now don't want to go to crazy with it all just want it to be different from all the standard ones :lol:

RyanK
8th June 2009, 11:27 PM
Sounds good, will be very tasty when done.

Looked clean the other night!

doogz__
9th June 2009, 09:40 AM
Nice one, sounds good!

Anyone got a link to this Shrick cam company?

I've never heard of them, but i spend most of my time p*ssing about with Jap and French junk.

leeg87
9th June 2009, 11:15 AM
Nice one, sounds good!

Anyone got a link to this Shrick cam company?

I've never heard of them, but i spend most of my time p*ssing about with Jap and French junk.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shrick+camshaft

;)

t18tav
9th June 2009, 04:58 PM
Sounds good, will be very tasty when done.

Looked clean the other night!

Ye it was cleaned that day just a shame about the big dent on the bonnet :argh:

doogz__
12th June 2009, 08:04 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shrick+camshaft

;)

Smart a*se, you spelt it wrong :P