PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

Gismo
2nd June 2009, 12:55 PM
Well, in my quest for a decent alternative to IE7 i have just installed Google Chrome, first glance and it's ok, no frills, bells or whistles, just simply does what it says and doesn't crash when i close it.

I'd had enough of firefox not reopening my previous tabs even though i've told it to save and open them every time.

Also, this Chrome has a spell checker as you type, doesn't correct it, but shows the errors.

May be worth a try for others :thumbs up:

john
2nd June 2009, 05:56 PM
Good stuff, I was thinking about it but wanted some else to try it first.

ps get you photo sorted out, wrong wheels on your 's' sold that bike and whats the red mini? is it yours does it still exist? is it a mythe?:Whistle:

Gismo
2nd June 2009, 06:17 PM
get you photo sorted out, wrong wheels on your 's' sold that bike and whats the red mini? is it yours does it still exist? is it a mythe?:Whistle::eek: welcome back, as soon as i get my replacement bike i'll get it all sorted, the new FJR has been rejected due to fault that cannot be fixed after 6 weeks

john
2nd June 2009, 10:36 PM
:eek: welcome back, as soon as i get my replacement bike i'll get it all sorted, the new FJR has been rejected due to fault that cannot be fixed after 6 weeks

And the other two things?

Gismo
3rd June 2009, 09:59 AM
And the other two things?Ssh, anyway, Google Chrome works great :thumbs up: no hiccups, just works, shuts down and opens the last tabs etc.
As i said, it's not got bells and whistles, but, if you are just looking for a browser, then this one is perfect :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
16th July 2009, 11:55 PM
After having no luck with Internet (wont)Explore on all our PC's, I've now converted to Chrome on my laptop, my main PC and all the PC's in the cinema.

Blisteringly fast, very simple and uncluttered.:cool:

I do find it funny though.... it's own spell checker, which checks every box you type into without asking it to, wants to change Google to Goggle.:laugh:

A.:D

doogz__
17th July 2009, 08:41 AM
I've been using it for a good few months now, Laura's notebook gets very upset by IE for some reason.

Did you know that Google are bringing out their own OS, based around chrome.
They say that windows was created at a time when people didn't have internet access, or certainly not in the way we do now, and since then, they haven't really changed the OS, just upgraded it (or downgraded if you prefer) but the new GoogleOS is going to be completely different, and based on a totally different set of principles. I hope it's good, and there's finally a decent rival for MS. Will hopefully scare them into putting in a bit more effort!

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
19th July 2009, 10:41 AM
Ie was causing my comp. problems, installed Chrome, no issues... Great free product... Google are actually working on a free operating system now to rival Vista... :-)

Cant wait...