holy sh$t :eek::thud:

hope you get it sorted soon and to your satisfaction... :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
1st June 2009, 08:56 PM
Thats not good :argh::argh:.Hope you get it sorted

Gismo
1st June 2009, 09:41 PM
that 3rd plug looks very gappy!!!

how the hell did that happen?Rather no gap at all :sad: hopefully the tip has burnt out altogether cause the alternatives are not pleasant.

The wee tip could be running up and down the bore, or has passed through with no problems or it simply melted into nothing.

Seems to be running fine just now, am waiting for new Iridium plugs to replace all 4 and then i'll put it into JC's for a compression test while it's in getting the window looked at, cause it's nae working either :sad:

GCA3N
1st June 2009, 09:52 PM
Rather no gap at all :sad: hopefully the tip has burnt out altogether cause the alternatives are not pleasant.

The wee tip could be running up and down the bore, or has passed through with no problems or it simply melted into nothing.

Seems to be running fine just now, am waiting for new Iridium plugs to replace all 4 and then i'll put it into JC's for a compression test while it's in getting the window looked at, cause it's nae working either :sad:

Isn't having a mini gr8, the joys the joys, hope you get things sorted mate.:thumbs up:

Scottie
1st June 2009, 11:01 PM
crikey what was the cause do you know??

Scottie
1st June 2009, 11:03 PM
your first plug from the left to me looks to be running hotter than the others

countdown
1st June 2009, 11:05 PM
As you say hopefully it just burnt away.

That happened on my friends corsa, new plugs and the car seemed fine - lucky

ianking
2nd June 2009, 08:30 AM
Hopefully the tip burnt away before it could cause any scoring on the cylinder lining.
Why not with the spark plug out and the other leads off turn the engine over with the motor and see if any wee bit of the tip flies out????? Might work

As others have said it has prob melted away by now anyway.

Could that have been caused by the engine running too lean and as a result too hot???

Big Gordy
2nd June 2009, 08:35 AM
Don't know if its a trick of the light but like Fi says that first one looks like it was about to go too:eek: Tip looks a funny colour like its overheated:argh:

Gismo
2nd June 2009, 09:26 AM
Don't know if its a trick of the light but like Fi says that first one looks like it was about to go too:eek: Tip looks a funny colour like its overheated:argh:Agreed, am getting the next level up of Iridium plugs

zimbo
2nd June 2009, 09:27 AM
Agreed, am getting the next level up of Iridium plugs

You better buy yourself some spare ones swhile your at it to keep in the car just in case... :rolleyes:

MrMischief
3rd June 2009, 10:41 PM
Have you got an A/F ratio meter or an EGT gauge hooked up? If not, I'd recommend you get one as those cylinder temps must've been pretty high to do that :eek:

There's a great plug guide HERE (http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bike-tech/31325-ultimate-guide-spark-plugs.html)

leeg87
8th June 2009, 12:03 AM
the tip of your plug might have passed through the exhaust v/v and now sitting in the cat (hopefully it hasnt caused any problems to your turbo!) might be worth checking the cat.

Whats roland saying about it?

Gismo
8th June 2009, 07:38 AM
No cat on my car at the moment.

Chiz70
18th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Have you been running any type of octane booster in your fuel?

Just wondering whats causing the excessive heat.?

Gismo
18th June 2009, 10:28 PM
Have you been running any type of octane booster in your fuel?

Just wondering whats causing the excessive heat.?Nope, just regular V-Power or BP ultimate

Chiz70
18th June 2009, 11:02 PM
How many miles were the plugs in for?

(I'm just asking for my own interest not from a work point of view):lol:

Gismo
18th June 2009, 11:12 PM
I reckoned they would have done about 2000 miles

Chiz70
18th June 2009, 11:16 PM
Very strange. Its good to hear things like this as I have started getting in to fitting aftermarket bits for people and its good to hear what works and what can have problems:thumbs up:

baptie
18th June 2009, 11:33 PM
Nope, just regular V-Power or BP ultimate

Moan the super Juice!

Has it been alright since?

Gismo
18th June 2009, 11:37 PM
Moan the super Juice!

Has it been alright since?I've hardly driven it since i put in the new plugs cause of me holidays.
Will give it a test tomorrow though

Scottie
6th July 2009, 06:13 PM
any update on your spark plug problem ???

How's the car doing?

Gismo
6th July 2009, 06:25 PM
GTT started working on it today, no word yet :sad: