PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it ?

condor
31st May 2009, 11:08 PM
My mini insured warranty is due up on the 26th june:sad:.........what would you guys advise .......£41.00 per month seems a lot of money to fork out for comprehensive cover.....(maybe its me) but it seems a lot of wonga...I know peace of mind comes into it ..etc etc.....
Would like to know your views.
Many Thanks.

GCA3N
1st June 2009, 09:58 AM
If you were driving a honda, toyota, etc I would say waste of money, but this is mini we are on about. I think most people on here (even folks who have had no mini issues, if there are any) would agree that the love of mini goes above all the issues that come with owning one. I love my car and I hate admitting it but they are not that reliable. There are a number of issues with most of the generations and models. I had an R50 cooper and the only reason I sold it was because it was beginning to give me problems and the warranty thing was quite expensive. I do have to say though my new R56 has come with it's own set of problems. It is however nice knowing that if something goes wrong( and it probably will, just ask Craig) I am covered, for me get it covered ASAP.

euan
1st June 2009, 12:08 PM
If it's the same idea as BMW do, the advice I got from the dealer on my BMW was to get at least the basic for the breakdown cover, but I ended up balancing the excess with the cover and have the full cover but with a higher excess.

DerekM
1st June 2009, 02:29 PM
Have a look at the Tesco policy. Good cover, good rates and well regarded by those who have had to use it.

Ivano
1st June 2009, 09:24 PM
I took out the MINI Insured Warranty at £41 mainly for peace of mind and also because my car is now fully paid up and all mine. A bit of security really

It is a lot of money and some will say it's not worth it as i am aware there are many exclusions etc...

Gismo
1st June 2009, 09:44 PM
Check the small print, when it was time for me to extend the M3 warranty i would have to pay the first £450 for each and every warranty claim