First come First Served!!!:D:D:D

Burple
7th May 2004, 01:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Davidson2

First come First Served!!!:D:D:D

Me! Me! Me!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Davidson2
7th May 2004, 08:59 AM
Space is limited to 25 Runners. A deposit will be required around September to secure your place.

Costs will be worked out for the 2004 run to give you an idea of £££ required and there will be a minimum ammount to raise for Charity.

Be very nice to me and I might let you go...

Julz; Cooper S is for Flick.

Will keep you guys posted...

Julz
7th May 2004, 03:44 PM
Ah a woman with taste!!;) That was some demo run she had then before she was convinced to buy one!!:p:D

Willie M
7th May 2004, 03:54 PM
Would be interested but very much depends on the dates.

ny152
7th May 2004, 03:56 PM
Already put my name down on the MINI2 site :)

Willie M
7th May 2004, 04:11 PM
You'll find that thread here ;)
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58348

seany
7th May 2004, 10:50 PM
put my name up

taz2822
7th May 2004, 11:41 PM
I'll pop by every now and then keep u informed of what banter & thoughts are circulating down in the Southlands.

one thought that has been raised is a LONGER event..posssibly a 5 or 6 day run at a more gentle stroll taking in areas like the Lakes, Cornwall, Wales, The Lochs etc. This means it needn't be over a hectic Bank Holiday weekend.

This makes it a 'Mini-Holiday" pardon the pun. This is just a thought from Lorrainne at this stage. It might not fly.

Duncan Stewart
8th May 2004, 04:48 AM
Put down Helen and I please. We were well impressed :D with this years run when we joined up with you on Monday. Less driving, more relaxing each day for next year, going by how shattered you were on Monday ;). Avoiding bank holiday weekens fine with me. What about June? longer days and New Mini Scotland already have a Scotland end to end several day run planned in May. As for route - I'd like to see Deven/Cornwall, English national parks , Wales & Scotland the main driving areas. :)

Davidson2
8th May 2004, 07:47 AM
Going off line for a week to catch up on life and everthing in it.

Ill be back :o)

interceptor
13th May 2004, 07:23 AM
Hello

Just registered on this site-this is my first Post-Well i'll be there!!!

See you all soon

Si.

taz2822
13th May 2004, 08:24 AM
Well Hellooooo Wee Wacky!!!!!!
Long time no see..........ish

Imagine 1000 posts on Mini2 and 1 post on NMS on the same day:)

I can see this run being a blast;)

ny152
13th May 2004, 09:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by interceptor

Hello

Just registered on this site-this is my first Post-Well i'll be there!!!

See you all soon

Si.

Hello Interceptor :)
Nice to see you have jumped the wall and joined the bestest forum for new mini in Scotland :clown:

Of course, from the post above you can see Taz is here as well, but I think he was probably looking for MINI2 and took a wrong turning somewhere :p

No offence Taz - you're still da man :cool:

By the way when it comes to accomodation next year I was speaking to an accounts mangager from Superbreaks yesterday, they are a company who feature loads of hotels throughout the UK (including Travelodges :() She suggested that we could try to get a group discount for accomodation. If you want one of their brochures email me your contact details and I'll stick one in the post.

interceptor
14th May 2004, 07:34 AM
Sound Good Mango Man!!!

No travel lodge no way ho zay!!

Frankie
19th May 2004, 06:49 AM
sign me up:D:D

Davidson2
23rd May 2004, 08:58 AM
I is back in da house.... Bling
.... What ever! :dead:
Right...
Stressful few weeks, so had to get back to the sanity of NMS :D

Total figure raised for Sick Childrens Hospital and Wizz Kidz will be revealed on 12th June 2004...

Watch this space...

taz2822
25th May 2004, 04:11 PM
Mango Boy, email me your address -
Iv'e got loads of loot for you from Me & Max!

berryburgess@blueyonder.co.uk
or berryb@mobious.net

john
22nd June 2004, 11:13 PM
Me and Mrs Zoooooom have signed up for this:)

Bring me sunshine, bring me smiles,bring me laughter....:blackeye::blackeye:

OOPS!! sorry about that I was listening to Alans incar ICE:clown::D:D

Duncan Stewart
24th June 2004, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

You'll find that thread here ;)
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58348

The thread for this seems to have disappeared on Mini2.
Address above does not work and it is no longer on my subscribed threads

Duncan Stewart
25th June 2004, 12:20 AM
Found it again at
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62014
I must remember to use the search tool :I

Duncan Stewart
25th June 2004, 12:54 AM
Just spent the last half hour reading the Mini2 thread! - lots going on - dates & outline route set, hotel booking started - they are asking for peoples preferences.

ny152
25th June 2004, 07:17 AM
Yep, things are gaining pace - I'm already trying to blag sponsorship off people :).

interceptor
27th June 2004, 01:33 AM
Hello Peeps!

Not many places left now for People to do the Full run-Get your Names down!!!! :D

Duncan Stewart
2nd August 2004, 08:46 PM
Davidson, Goldmini, Flick, LnL, Willie, Seany
The folks on Mini2 are keen to get the route planned (and I thought I was bad for advance planning! ;) :clown:)
I have offered to do/help with the route notes for the Scottish leg, Dumfries to Inverness - I have a rough idea for a fun route and have holiday time in mid September to recce the route and do detailed notes.
Do you want us to plan the route between us, do seperate bits each or are you happy for me to do it :question: (why did I open my big mouth! ;))

seany
2nd August 2004, 09:00 PM
you can do it, dont no if i can make the run

ny152
4th August 2004, 06:01 AM
Hello Duncan.
If you can manage it then I'd be happy to put it in your capable hands (the route!).

Burple
4th August 2004, 06:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

Hello Duncan.
If you can manage it then I'd be happy to put it in your capable hands (the route!).

Likewise! if you have the time, go for it!
Bear in mind that we should probably make it a wee bit 'touristy' too, so the 'daan saarf'ers get some pretty views... and the time constraints of the rest of the run..
I trust ya! just be prepared to make it a wee bit flexible if we have too.... ;):D

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2004, 08:43 PM
Pretty much got a route for the Tuesday 3rd part of run planned now, just need to recce it which I plan to do in a couple of weekends time as I've not decide not to attend the IMM in Norfolk. I'll post my route in summary once I've checked it out.
Can we make this a sticky?

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2004, 11:56 PM
OK. I was asked to post the outline route on MINI2 so I'l post it here as well.
OK. here goes. Start & Finish are the hotels from the Hotels thread. Route - Dumfries, A76 north, B797 over Mennock pass, A702 to Biggar, B7016 to Carnwath, A706 through Forth and pass under M8 at Whitburn, A801/B8028 to Falkirk, A883 to Denny, B818/A811 to Balloch at southern end of Loch Lomond, A82 to tarbet, A83 over "rest & be thankful", to Inveraray on Loch Long, A819 to Loch Awe, A85 west to Connel, A828 to south Ballachullish, A82 through Fort Willian & on to Fort Augustus on Loch Ness, B862 & B852 to Inverness.

The Dogfather
7th August 2004, 12:04 AM
Bloody good route! Wouldn't mind doing that as a standalone run!

Gismo
7th August 2004, 01:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
Can we make this a sticky?
;)

Duncan Stewart
7th August 2004, 04:24 AM
Cheers Alan

Davidson2
7th August 2004, 07:20 AM
Yea Duncan, Thats Brilliant, as you know I dont have spare time on my hands much any more, so good on ya mate for using your initiative... Route sounds great.

Duncan Stewart
8th August 2004, 07:13 AM
Cheers Davidson. Taz was asking on Mini 2 if you could lead the group down the A9 from Inverness to Edinburgh on the Wednesday.

Davidson2
8th August 2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks, I will try catch up with him pronto.

Scottie
10th August 2004, 12:41 AM
Is this run full. If not can I come?

Duncan Stewart
10th August 2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Fiona. Yes I there is one space left on the run and you would be very welcome. The run is being organised on Mini2 - see the main thread
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62014&page=1
Lots to read.
Also hotel booking has started - look at the hotel tread for details and get booked up. Hotel thread can be access by a link on the first page of the main thread.

Scottie
10th August 2004, 07:36 PM
Great Can you add me to the list.

Also if it is of interest I should be able to get sponsorship from BP. Also any moeny raised for charity will be matched by the company.

Let me know and I will organise nearer the time.

sleepyrascal
10th August 2004, 07:40 PM
THATS EXAM TIME! PANTS!:disapprove:

Duncan Stewart
10th August 2004, 09:24 PM
thats great Fiona. I'm sure Taz will add you to the list on Mini2 soon. Any form of sponsorship very welcome. Each car is expected to raise money for charity. Taz should produce sponsorship forms soon.

interceptor
21st August 2004, 06:28 AM
Just popping in to say Hello :)

Welcome to the Wacky Racers Scottie Coop :)

The Hotel thread has gone abit quite on MINI 2-We really need as much feedback as Poss regarding the Hotels-Pls pop in and say Hello also :)

interceptor
21st August 2004, 06:32 AM
Just a reminder-Hotel Thread can be found here :)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63037

Thanx-Chats soon :)

Duncan Stewart
24th August 2004, 07:59 PM
Scouted out the day 4 route yesterday and just need to get it typed up now and sent to Scooperman for inclusion in the overall route.
Route worked fine - 270 miles total, most direct route via A9 is 240 miles so not much extra. Stops located with suitable facilities.
One question I would like a group opinion on - The Fort Augustus to Inverness part - last 35 miles of the route - Scooperman suggested the B862 / 852 on the south shores of Loch Ness. When we arrived in Fort Augustus yesterday we decided to use the main A82 road instead as we were already driven so far that we did not fancy driving 35 miles of twisting, narrow (much single track) road.
What do others doing the run think?.
I'm in Inverness next weekend so will scout out the B862 / B852 route if the majority prefer this route.

Duncan Stewart
30th August 2004, 05:13 PM
Important update for NMSers on this run and any others who would like to join us for the Scottish part of the run (Tues 03 May 05) and wants to say over in Inverness - The hotel will open up booking on this date to the general public on Wednesday so if you want to book get over to
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63037
and sign up now

interceptor
4th November 2004, 06:11 AM
Just to advise you peeps on here the UK run Has been cancelled.

Duncan Stewart
7th November 2004, 04:26 AM
Yes, sadly has be cancelled :(. Could one of the mods un-sticky it?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 06:40 PM
Looks like someone is trying to kick it off again

Mini2 Round Britain Rally 2005 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76308)

yorkie blue
14th November 2004, 09:40 AM
Hello Hello Hello !!!
Don`t give up on the ROUND GREAT BRITAIN RUN 2005 please !!!
Yes the run was CANCELED !!
BUT WE ARE BACK !!!!!
WE DO NEED YOU GUYS TO DO THE RUN AGAIN !!!
Just a few changes have been made , Nominated Charity is WIZZ-KIDSS, NO MINIMUM to be raised by anyone and we r staying in Travel lodge {to keep the cost down}.
NOTHING is set in stone so if u wanna get involved things r still at the early stages , your thoughts to the route / dates etc....
Will all b listened to .
Just take a look and let me know what u think .
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1185354#post1185354
THANK YOU ....
YORKIE BLUE

interceptor
27th December 2004, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by yorkie blue
Hello Hello Hello !!!
Don`t give up on the ROUND GREAT BRITAIN RUN 2005 please !!!
Yes the run was CANCELED !!
BUT WE ARE BACK !!!!!
WE DO NEED YOU GUYS TO DO THE RUN AGAIN !!!
Just a few changes have been made , Nominated Charity is WIZZ-KIDSS, NO MINIMUM to be raised by anyone and we r staying in Travel lodge {to keep the cost down}.
NOTHING is set in stone so if u wanna get involved things r still at the early stages , your thoughts to the route / dates etc....
Will all b listened to .
Just take a look and let me know what u think .
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1185354#post1185354
THANK YOU ....
YORKIE BLUE

**Bump** 8)
Some Proposed Routes have also been added to the First Page in Autoroute and PDF format

Thanks
Si :)

X30YES
8th January 2005, 08:04 PM
Might be able to do Day 4-5 or at least part of it as posted on mini2

Davidson2
12th January 2005, 07:21 PM
Hey all! Im not dead but I am extreamly busy after a torrential 2004. I am really pleased to see the support continue, I will be there for RGB2005 but really cant spend quality time on line at the moment. Will hopefully see you all soon.

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2005, 07:44 PM
Good to hear from you again Davidson. I will not make the run as when it was cancelled we booked a holiday that weekend.