PDA

View Full Version : To Joey mod or not to Joey mod?

Bazthemod
28th May 2009, 05:23 PM
Before

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/nonjoeymod.jpg

After

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/joeymod.jpg

The Dogfather
28th May 2009, 05:33 PM
Marcy has done this on my site, he's added a How To guide on MINIpedia

RyanK
28th May 2009, 05:59 PM
Yes! Just keep the chrome rings or go body colour like Zimbo, Imo anyways. I personally would do an antracite/grey joey mod on a pepper white car. Black is becoming to super played and think a lighter shade would work better.

Will look sweet

Gismo
28th May 2009, 06:00 PM
A yes from me, joey mod :thumbs up:

Craig
28th May 2009, 06:08 PM
it's a no brainer baz. I would still have my black lights if they had been better quality.. :thumbs up:

Smitty
28th May 2009, 06:08 PM
A yes from me too.

I desperately want a set of Xenon's so I can do mine!! :argh:

Scottie
28th May 2009, 06:37 PM
I would say defo yes, however only if you intend to keep the car for a while and can turn it back to standard when it comes time to sell. I wouldn't do anything that can't be reversed.

GCA3N
28th May 2009, 07:12 PM
A defo from me too baz, let me know how hard it is, fancy this too, it's a nice look. Think the light rings would look good in the pepper white too.

Hamish
28th May 2009, 07:20 PM
defo... and i agree with the view of making the chrome rings body coloured/pepper white.

Bazthemod
28th May 2009, 07:41 PM
Think i will go for it when i'm finally brave enough :p

I want to modify the car using only Mini parts and its basically why i haven't done this sooner, but since mini are now doing the Joey mod to the new special editions i'm more keen to go for it as it wont look as aftermarket now.

When i trade the car in the lights will stay the same, however i requested the original skirts and trim that i will put back on so i can transfer my aerokit :thumbs up:

Will have this car for another 2 years then move to a used Cooper S so i can then afford my own place :p:smilewinkgrin:

Fester
28th May 2009, 09:28 PM
Its a yes from me too, think it looks fantastic.

audrey
28th May 2009, 10:24 PM
Its a yes from me too, think it looks fantastic.

+ 1 :thumbs up:

Ivano
28th May 2009, 11:32 PM
Yes from me, i think it works really well against the white body colour of your MINI. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

zimbo
29th May 2009, 09:29 AM
Ha ha, go for it Baz. I did mine and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, the hardest parts for me were seperating the glass from the housing and painting the Xenon cover itself...

I was maybe thinking of getting rid of mine and swapping with someone else for there standard unpainted xenons, but have not made a firm decision on that yet!! :rolleyes: