PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my Mini

bazzaric
28th May 2009, 01:54 PM
Thinking of selling My Mini Cooper S in order to buy a Diesel...

So what does everyone think would be the cheapest way to do it?

I have around £9k on finance for my 53 plate Cooper S (Silver with Black roof, the best combo!), 43k miles. Not sure what plate I would want on a 'Dooper', but something as cheap as possible!

I really need to start looking at my monthly outgoings, and getting a diesel seems a good way to save some dosh at the moment, with the better MPG. Hoping to buy a house in the city centre soon...anyone want to buy a 2 bed semi in portlethen :thumbs up:

ianking
28th May 2009, 03:21 PM
Problem is going to be (without sounding cheeky) is that you will most likely be in negative equity owing £9k back on a 53 plate. You may need to put money in to the deal to bail that out.

Gismo
28th May 2009, 03:31 PM
I agree with Ian :sad: probably be better off in the long run keeping the car

neilw
28th May 2009, 08:48 PM
make sure you do the maths, I do 25,000 miles a year and my r53 mcs would only cost an extra £300ish a year in fuel over my diesel astra. If you're going to finance a newer car you'll be spending a lot more than that

bazzaric
29th May 2009, 10:09 PM
Sorry, meant £7k remaining on finance! Still would be a struggle though me thinks. Plus, I was out for a good drive today so i'm keeping it forever now!!

GCA3N
29th May 2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry, meant £7k remaining on finance! Still would be a struggle though me thinks. Plus, I was out for a good drive today so i'm keeping it forever now!!

yes good choice:bigwave::bigwave:

euan
30th May 2009, 10:19 AM
I was in the same dilema in my S for a while, but the maths just didn't add up at all, so I ended up keeping it. Well, until it did my back in on the constant motorway runs, but that's a different story!

Good choice on keeping it though!