PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Special Editions

Craig
27th May 2009, 10:18 PM
out of curiosity I got a price for the new Camden S... 21K and it seems to have all of the stuff in the car I would like (plus it has a harmon kardon setup back :thumbs up:) they are building them from Aug 09 to Aug 10 so plenty time to buy.....;)

I then enquired about the MINI 50 JCW. wait for it.... £33 to £36K... :thud::Whistle: There are only going to be 50 made so it will be special... :yes nod:

Smitty
27th May 2009, 10:21 PM
I then enquired about the MINI 50 JCW. wait for it.... £33 to £36K... :thud::Whistle: There are only going to be 50 made so it will be special... :yes nod:

:eek: :thud:

Well that completely rules out any possibility of ever looking at buying that!! :moonie:

My guess is they will all already be sold out!

Scottie
27th May 2009, 10:29 PM
A new Camden on your doorstep then Craig;)

Good choice I think.

Craig
27th May 2009, 10:38 PM
A new Camden on your doorstep then Craig;)

Good choice I think.

doubt it Fi... but never say never... I will defo always have a MINI, just not sure what to do for the future... :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
27th May 2009, 10:40 PM
doubt it Fi... but never say never... I will defo always have a MINI, just not sure what to do for the future... :smilewinkgrin:

thought you bought a Haynes Manual the other day.:laugh::p the temptation on a R56 is to much for you:p:p I think.

Craig
27th May 2009, 10:47 PM
thought you bought a Haynes Manual the other day.:laugh::p the temptation on a R56 is to much for you:p:p I think.

aye, but you can always sell on a Haynes manual.... ;) I only hated my R56's cos of all the faults. I liked most of the changes to the car... ;)

plenty time to make a decision... :yes nod:;)

GCA3N
27th May 2009, 10:50 PM
common craig you know you want to....

Scottie
27th May 2009, 10:53 PM
aye I would just put your deposit down now. Gives you plenty time to put your car back to standard or better still sell private.

ianking
28th May 2009, 08:27 AM
Craig, I am pretty sure there are to be 250 of the JCW car to be made with the number being displayed on the side repeater plate.

zimbo
28th May 2009, 09:05 AM

WTF :moonie: :thud:

:eek: :thud:

Well that completely rules out any possibility of ever looking at buying that!! :moonie:

My guess is they will all already be sold out!

I agree with everything you have just said Smitty :sad:

Crombers
28th May 2009, 03:39 PM
just not sure what to do for the future... :smilewinkgrin:

A darkened room is what you need :Whistle:

BigStuff
28th May 2009, 04:21 PM
A darkened room is what you need :Whistle:

A doctor is what i'd need if someone quoted me £30k+:frown:

Craig
28th May 2009, 06:03 PM
Craig, I am pretty sure there are to be 250 of the JCW car to be made with the number being displayed on the side repeater plate.

I was told it was only 50 by the sales manager of a local dealer....:confused:

weefossy
28th May 2009, 10:50 PM
At that price it has to be 100% "spot on" in the eyes of the buyer and after some serious consideration at Mini 50 it didn't hit all the buttons. It did not :thud:Mom or me.... except for the price.

Stood with Neil and Smitty and I came up with too many changes that defeats the object. Think an individually specced JCW would suit better and at the asking price you could have it sprayed the exact BRG shade that was required!!
I'll pass

Scottie
28th May 2009, 10:57 PM
I would agree with ^^^^ above.

On the Camden outside is very nice indeed, would need to see the wheels, but those seats:eek::eek: could you imagine what they would look like after wearing dark jeans or just general use. Wouldn't be long before they looked shabby.

Scottie
30th May 2009, 10:27 PM
reading TM there is a thread about the F1 Cooper S sitting ready to go @ Park Lane all with a price tag of 44k:eek::eek::eek:

zimbo
30th May 2009, 11:51 PM
reading TM there is a thread about the F1 Cooper S sitting ready to go @ Park Lane all with a price tag of 44k:eek::eek::eek:

WTF :eek: :thud: :moonie:

Gismo
31st May 2009, 10:57 AM
That price is supercar money, just daft to expect a Mini to sell for that price :frown:

Smitty
31st May 2009, 11:06 AM
That price is supercar money, just daft to expect a Mini to sell for that price :frown:

It will though! :eek:

I went into Parklane MINI last time I was down in London, and the had a Convert able S with every single option ticked, including all JCW goodies, and a custom purple flip paint job - £66,000.

It sold within 3 weeks of it sitting there!! :eek:

Gismo
31st May 2009, 11:11 AM
It will though! :eek:I agree it will sell, but, it won't go to the folk who really really want it, more so the super rich who won't bat an eyelid at the cost

Smitty
31st May 2009, 11:15 AM
I agree it will sell, but, it won't go to the folk who really really want it, more so the super rich who won't bat an eyelid at the cost

Sadly, I agree :sad:

They should really sell it to people who really want it. People like me, for about £5000 - much more affordable :Whistle: :D

Scottie
31st May 2009, 08:53 PM
link to the thread on TM seems the price is not for the F1 edition, all a bit confusing reading that thread.:frown::frown:

http://www.totalmini.com/forum/9-general-discussion/3244-44k-3.html

Ivano
31st May 2009, 09:37 PM
I heard about the Rolls Royce Edition.. It is apparently coming in a special Rolls Royce Blue Paint. and UK MINI dealers are being encouraged to snap them up... Probably for the Showpiece value of them to pull people into the showrooms..

Was this at MINI UNited?

illegalhunter
31st May 2009, 09:39 PM
Wow thats some money for a Mini, they will sell like hot cakes

Scottie
1st June 2009, 11:18 PM
the RR edition pics.
http://www.totalmini.com/forum/9-general-discussion/3244-44k-4.html#post100039

john
2nd June 2009, 05:49 PM
I ordered the cooper's' a few weeks ago :yes nod: it went like this.

I went into JC's Aberdeen and asked about it and they did not know about it, I said better find out cos I want one:yes nod:

Then I went offshore so the conversation continued by email, they emailed me the spec, I was delighted and they also wanted £1000 deposit to which I agreed but pointed out they had not given me the price:confused:

They then gave me the price £35k:frown:

I then picked myself up off of the floor and emailed back to say Thanks but NO THANKS!!:bigwave:

2x used GP and £5k in pocket sounds much better:smilewinkgrin:

zimbo
3rd June 2009, 08:04 AM
I ordered the cooper's' a few weeks ago :yes nod: it went like this.

I went into JC's Aberdeen and asked about it and they did not know about it, I said better find out cos I want one:yes nod:

Then I went offshore so the conversation continued by email, they emailed me the spec, I was delighted and they also wanted £1000 deposit to which I agreed but pointed out they had not given me the price:confused:

They then gave me the price £35k:frown:

I then picked myself up off of the floor and emailed back to say Thanks but NO THANKS!!:bigwave:

2x used GP and £5k in pocket sounds much better:smilewinkgrin:

I'll help you look after one of those GPs while your away working then John :D