PDA

View Full Version : BC coilovers fitted

josh_r53
22nd May 2009, 12:05 PM
Just fitted a set of BC coilovers to my cooper s, did it myself so well chuffed,

I got coilovers because I wanted to go lower but what shocked me the most was the quality and unbelievable improvement in handling,

will try ad get some pics up soon when I get it cleaned,

Josh

Big Gordy
22nd May 2009, 12:26 PM
Did your coilovers come with springs or did you fit your Eibachs on them..?? Could be interested in your Eibachs if there going spare:Whistle:

GCA3N
22nd May 2009, 12:58 PM
well done, the only thing better than getting a good mod done is doing it yourself. Get some pics up. :thumbs up:

Ivano
22nd May 2009, 01:50 PM
I have heard some good things about BC Coilovers and they go crazy low in comparison to some other brands out there.

How much did you drop it by??

Look forward to the pics

Mind and watch your camber out back if you go really low... New tyres may be next on your shopping list. Like what happened to me on my previous set of Coilovers.. Should have got adjustable rear control arms

Aberdeen Al
24th May 2009, 09:35 PM
I've bought a set of BC Coilovers for my Scobie - can't wait for them to arrive :cool: !!

What difference to the handling did it make on your Mini?

How low did you go?

MartinSullivan
24th May 2009, 09:48 PM
I've bought a set of BC Coilovers for my Scobie - can't wait for them to arrive :cool: !!

What difference to the handling did it make on your Mini?

How low did you go?

Oooh I was looking at a set for the Z, who did you get yours from Al?

The Dogfather
25th May 2009, 07:36 AM
There's a design fault on the BC Coilovers according to MINI Torque, link to the thread here, its in the last few posts (http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f541/r53-r56-bc-coilovers-group-buy-2674/index4.html)

josh_r53
25th May 2009, 12:08 PM
I've been driving them now for a good few days and still amazed at the improvement in overall ride and handling, I made a mistake setting them too stiff at the front and learned the hard way, haha, the tyres are tucked away at the back and its pretty low at the front,

yes I will sell my eibachs if anyones interested It wont be alot of money like £50 maybe,

and yes I am still gloating in my self-fitment pride, haha,

Forbes
25th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Photos

Gismo
25th May 2009, 12:16 PM
Josh, doesn't the recall alarm you in any way??

josh_r53
25th May 2009, 12:26 PM
It does but I've read alot about these on NAM and no problems have been found, I have had a couple mechanics take a closer look, and have alot of friends that are Into the dub scene and run low with dodgy coilovers,

They say the spring doesnt sit right when lowered more than 30 mm but cannot find any evidence of this, I will take heed though and watch for any problems,

Gismo
25th May 2009, 12:28 PM
Ah, ok :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
25th May 2009, 12:54 PM
yes I will sell my eibachs if anyones interested It wont be alot of money like £50 maybe

I'm your man:thumbs up: Let me know when your selling:bigwave:

Big Gordy
25th May 2009, 12:57 PM
How much do the eibachs drop the mini by:confused: I read somewhere that it's about 30mm.......in your experience Josh would that be about right:cool:

Ivano
25th May 2009, 01:35 PM
haha the tyres are tucked away at the back and its pretty low at the front,

Some bad ass camber then.... :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

josh_r53
25th May 2009, 05:54 PM
yep unbelievable camber just now, might in the future get some rear control arms, i'll keep an eye on the tyre wear,

as far as the eibachs are concerned, they were about 30 mm when fitted but within about a month settled to below 40mm, pretty low just for springs, I've seen folk with 18s with no arch gap, hope that helps

Ivano
25th May 2009, 08:22 PM
Pics?? :D

Aberdeen Al
25th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Oooh I was looking at a set for the Z, who did you get yours from Al?

Got them from Apex - speak to Bren.................don't know if they do for Nissan though but worth a look anyway.

josh_r53
25th May 2009, 10:49 PM
some photos hopefully get some more when i've got some time

RyanK
25th May 2009, 11:09 PM
Looking good mate, what spacers you running? Or is that the 38mm offset?

Big Gordy
26th May 2009, 08:50 AM
as far as the eibachs are concerned, they were about 30 mm when fitted but within about a month settled to below 40mm, pretty low just for springs, I've seen folk with 18s with no arch gap, hope that helps

Cool:cool: I've got a set of 18's I put on for special.....read when the wifes not driving.....occasions so sound perfect for what I'm after:thumbs up: Let me know when your selling them and I'll take then off your hands:yes nod:

Ivano
26th May 2009, 08:57 AM
Looks great :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Burple
4th June 2009, 09:29 AM
some photos hopefully get some more when i've got some time

Seeing those pics.. You're at Dundee Uni right?
I'm damn sure it's your car I've seen sitting around campus, and up at the ISE? Looking Good!!! :cool::cool::thumbs up::thumbs up: