PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys using on the chrome

Stewart
21st May 2009, 09:42 PM
What are you guys using on the chrome on your Mini’s. Was told Autosol Metal Polish. Does this sound about right. I have a glass polish that also does but not tried it.

Got everything else but the chromes not been touched all be it apart from the general wash mit on it. :blush:

Scottie
21st May 2009, 09:46 PM
What are you guys using on the chrome on your Mini’s. Was told Autosol Metal Polish. Does this sound about right. I have a glass polish that also does but not tried it.

Got everything else but the chromes not been touched all be it apart from the general wash mit on it. :blush:

Autosol for me:thumbs up:

MartinSullivan
21st May 2009, 09:56 PM
Autosol for me:thumbs up:

+1 Autosol all the way, not to be confused with Anusol

http://www.valuemed.co.uk/acatalog/anusol-cream-43g.jpg

Stewart
21st May 2009, 10:48 PM
After a wee bit of reading Autosol seems it’s a bit harsh on plastic chrome that is on the Mini’s …Seems this “Mothers Plastic Polish” is the suggested stuff.

Scottie
21st May 2009, 10:57 PM
I gave you my lazy answer earlier.

try BH auto-balm.:thumbs up:

I use autosol on my exhaust.

But actually the best I've used is brilliant:thumbs up: see link below

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/briliant.html

Stewart
21st May 2009, 11:23 PM
Trying to work out what is needed to clean my chrome.........

is the Mini Chrome plastic on the BMW Mini's........thinking about getting mothers plastic polish to clean my grill. Autosol seem to harsh on platsic chrome effect.

ianking
22nd May 2009, 08:26 AM
Its plastic so nothing too harsh.

Big Gordy
22nd May 2009, 08:28 AM
is the Mini Chrome plastic on the BMW Mini's.........

YES:rolleyes:

Autosol seem to harsh on platsic chrome effect.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek:eek: don't use Autosol, or any other type of metal polish, on the PLASTIC chome for gods sake....it will make one hell of a mess of it:ragin:

I find normal car polish works OK for me:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
22nd May 2009, 08:38 AM
Guys don't use Autosol or any other METAL polish on your PLASTIC chrome it will make it all scored:ragin: Far too harsh:frown:

GCA3N
22nd May 2009, 08:40 AM
YES:rolleyes:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek:eek: don't use Autosol, or any other type of metal polish, on the PLASTIC chome for gods sake....it will make one hell of a mess of it:ragin:

I find normal car polish works OK for me:thumbs up:

I found the same car polish works well. In fact i actually used mr sheen on the old coops chrome and it came up a treat:eek:. I know all you perfectionists will be gasping but it did work nicely.

GCA3N
22nd May 2009, 08:41 AM
Guys don't use Autosol or any other METAL polish on your PLASTIC chrome it will make it all scored:ragin: Far too harsh:frown:

dito

Stewart
22nd May 2009, 08:50 AM
Found my AG Fast Glass as well as doing glass does plastic….so might give it a bash other than that “Mothers Car Care Plastic Polish” seems to protect as well as clean but if my Fast Glass does the trick then it saves me buying more stuff.
http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Mothers_Plastic_Polish.html

Autoglym Fast Glass

"A clean windscreen and side windows are essential for safe driving. Autoglym provides this super spray-on cleaner for rapid window cleaning - both inside and out - to produce a crystal clean, smear free finish on glass and plastic windows.
Autoglym Fast Glass is free of abrasives, silicones and waxes, and leaves no residue. As it contains no abrasives, it is especially recommended for use on acrylic and plastic windows, where an abrasive cleaner could etch and haze the surface with frequent use.
Autoglym Fast Glass can also be used on interior plastics to remove dust and on paintwork to safely remove insects, tree sap and bird droppings if immediate washing is inconvenient. Make sure you re-polish and re-seal treated paintwork surfaces. It will also remove Super Resin Polish from plastic and rubber trim if accidentally applied whilst polishing (may require assistance from a toothbrush if dried on).
Many domestic glass cleaners contain wax and silicone for cosmetic effect - but may cause dangerous windscreen smearing in wet weather if used on your car.

It is advisable to always clean the windscreen after shampooing your vehicle, to neutralise the effects of shampoo glossing agents.

Crystal clean, smear free windows inside and out in no time at all
Suitable for glass and plastic, non-abrasive
No wax or silicone to leave dangerous smearing
Also handy for on the spot clean ups on interior and bodywork "

Scottie
22nd May 2009, 10:20 AM

I don't have any plastic chrome ;)

I do however still have the chrome belt line and stainless
Exhaust:D

Big Gordy
22nd May 2009, 10:51 AM
I do however still have the chrome belt line

But its plastic:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd May 2009, 11:02 AM
Stewart, Ive merged the two threads and stuck the combined thread in car Care Forum.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
22nd May 2009, 12:50 PM
But its plastic:eek:

My belt line is not plastic in the same way the light rings are

MartinSullivan
22nd May 2009, 04:32 PM
Yes my mistake , I was talking about "real" metal, not plastic metal, you might be better using the Anusol on the plastic.

Stewart
22nd May 2009, 08:03 PM
Stewart, Ive merged the two threads and stuck the combined thread in car Care Forum.:thumbs up:

A.:D

cheers, sorry for the two threads.........:blush:

BigStuff
25th May 2009, 03:38 PM
Yes my mistake , I was talking about "real" metal, not plastic metal, you might be better using the Anusol on the plastic.

Might make an arse of it though. :moonie: