PDA

View Full Version : Replacement seats

donniem
6th May 2004, 04:11 AM
I want to fit cobra seats but I am reliably informed that once the original seats are removed the airbag warning light comes on and can only be reset by a dealer,and does anybody know if seats are difficult to fit.

Wul
6th May 2004, 05:23 AM
Can't comment about how easy the seats are to fit but do a search on www.mini2.com for both your queries. I do recall reading somewhere on there about someone managing to reset the airbag light when removing their seats to fit an amp underneath - email mikeythemini at www.newministuff.co.uk - i'm sure he have the answer.:)

donniem
6th May 2004, 06:58 AM
Went onto Mini 2.com and there are some horror stories about seats,one dealer wanted 2 days to fit a pair,other people have had to undertake major engineering to the new seat frames just to get them to fit,I have e-mailed minisport and if I take the plunge I will pass on results,right now more likely to pass away going by others experiences.

donniem
8th May 2004, 03:48 AM
Latest on the seats is that minisport supply direct replacement subframes and a resistor that fits into the wiring loom allowing the airbag light to function as normal.