PDA

View Full Version : MINI Solves the R56 Cold Start Issue

Scottie
16th May 2009, 08:24 PM
Finally.

Thought I'd post a link for anyone with the problem just to make sure you are well informed as to what your dealer should be doing:shut up::confused::D

http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/05/12/mini-solves-the-r56-cold-start-issue/

AndyP & Lenore
16th May 2009, 08:58 PM
Looks like the fault is in the region the dealers have been working on in the past. I'm sure I remember Craig's timing chain tensioner being replaced on his laser blue - made no difference. Not sure if it was also changed on his dark silver or not.

I guess only time will tell really if this fix is a fix or a sticking plaster.

A.

KenL
17th May 2009, 08:08 AM
It should be a fix as the latest tensioner uses a spring to hold it rather than relying on oil pressure alone.

Craig
17th May 2009, 10:59 AM
not bad, it's only taken 2 and half years... :rolleyes::argh: I find it utterly inconceivable that a major manufacturer cannot fix a fault within a reasonable time with all the resources they have. :frown: 2 and a half years to me is not reasonable and I feel sorry for all the owners who had to put up with this problem and those who even lost money because of it...:argh:

Glad they finally got it fixed, but surely the longest diagnosis in history ? ? :thud::Whistle: It's all about making money for MINI - NOT customer service it would appear... :knife:

Scottie
17th May 2009, 04:13 PM
not bad, it's only taken 2 and half years... :rolleyes::argh: I find it utterly inconceivable that a major manufacturer cannot fix a fault within a reasonable time with all the resources they have. :frown: 2 and a half years to me is not reasonable and I feel sorry for all the owners who had to put up with this problem and those who even lost money because of it...:argh:

Glad they finally got it fixed, but surely the longest diagnosis in history ? ? :thud::Whistle: It's all about making money for MINI - NOT customer service it would appear... :knife:

phew .:p feeling better now:p

Stewart
17th May 2009, 05:02 PM
I was thinking of an S next, So Glad its fixed.....

Craig
17th May 2009, 06:01 PM
phew .:p feeling better now:p

no, not really - never get the thousands back or the months without my own car and driving whatever they had lying around... :ragin::knife:

Scottie
17th May 2009, 07:43 PM
no, not really - never get the thousands back or the months without my own car and driving whatever they had lying around... :ragin::knife:

ach stop your moaning. Least you've got a car now you like and problem free.

Oh and to rub salt in to the wound think I saw knotty passing my house last weekend.:p:p

KenL
17th May 2009, 08:19 PM
Craig,
Did this "fault" make your car undriveable or cause it to break down when you had it?

Craig
17th May 2009, 09:37 PM
Craig,
Did this "fault" make your car undriveable or cause it to break down when you had it?

not interested in your argument Ken - you pick a fight with me everytime this is discussed. :rolleyes:

GCA3N
18th May 2009, 06:15 AM
Craig,

not interested in your argument Ken - you pick a fight with me everytime this is discussed. :rolleyes:

comon guys no fighting...Rangers are on top of the league....:off topic::clap::lol:

KenL
18th May 2009, 10:00 AM

No argument, only asked a question ;)

...I think Scottie is the person you should be going after, not me :hand: