PDA

View Full Version : Mini sold

N12 JLK
15th May 2009, 07:05 PM
As the title says yes we will be Mini-less in around 10 days time, we have purchased an X3 Bmw that now suits our needs. The X5 is too big and yes too expensive and the smaller X3 suits better. Nice big boot for the dog and the growing Kerr has plenty more room in the back. I have a company car which is unsuitable for the family as its always full of goodies and I keep needing to empty it when the 4 of us are doing anything. The Mini was sitting in the garage at the weekends doing nothing and to tell the truth I have only driven it 5 miles in the last 3 weeks to get petrol for Lesley ( very expensive toy to sit in a garage). With getting a larger family car we no longer have any problems.
I have had 4 new Mini's now and need a change but I wont be dropping off the map as Ian King needs a co-pilot on runs so I will still meet up from time to time. Thanks to everyone who I have met over the years who have made my family welcome it has been a pleasure in meeting you all.

Thanks again
Jason, Lesley and Kerr:bigwave::thumbs up:

Bumble
15th May 2009, 07:44 PM
oh dear .... understand the reasons, hopefully being MINIless won't be too painful!

Scottie
15th May 2009, 07:48 PM
I can understand Jason a Mini as the family car is not ideal and as you said young Kerr getting older and now with the dog the mini is not so practical, however I am sure you will miss the mini. As I've said previously your always welcome to join us on our many walks round plean with the dogs.:thumbs up:.

Hope you enjoy the X'er what model have you gone for???

p.s. are we having a farewell mini meet dinner

Duncan Stewart
15th May 2009, 08:19 PM
Sorry to hear the mini is going :sad:
But at least you will still get to some mini runs with Ian :D

N12 JLK
15th May 2009, 08:41 PM
It's a 2.0d SE.

MINI Meat may be on the cards soon. Watch this space. Will also text you about a wee walk.

Scottie
15th May 2009, 08:55 PM
It's a 2.0d SE.

MINI Meat may be on the cards soon. Watch this space. Will also text you about a wee walk.

cool. got any mini things for sale??

Craig
15th May 2009, 10:30 PM
All the best with the beemer.... :thumbs up:

zimbo
15th May 2009, 10:42 PM
What happened to the freelander then? Not like it in the end then? I would'nt mind buying your aerokit sideskirts Jason, if your car has them that is... :D Oh and enjoy your X3

Gismo
16th May 2009, 04:14 AM
Best of luck with the change, needs must and all that, i'm sure you won't be a stranger :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
16th May 2009, 07:02 AM
Good luck with your X3.
We enjoyed you company on the few runs we have been along to.

N12 JLK
16th May 2009, 08:01 AM
cool. got any mini things for sale??

I only have a Alta air filter and cooper s rubber mats if your interested make me an offer.

Zimbo the skirts came with the car so I will have to hand it back with them on.

Stewart
16th May 2009, 09:30 AM
If there is a run on and my name is down for it your welcome to jump in….I may not be Michael Schumacher in fact I’m probably slower than his house keeper but hay….:D

Picnic Run
Twilight Run
Argyll & Bute
Heart Of The Borders

Neil and Lorna
16th May 2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry to here the mini's away, but enjoy the X3.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna :D:D

KenL
16th May 2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the MINI, good luck with the new car.

Was in PV today and they said you had been in to trade your MINI :sad:

MINI William
16th May 2009, 05:01 PM
Good luck with the new car,sounds nice :thumbs up:

Colin
16th May 2009, 06:34 PM
I'm sure you will be sad to see the MINI go, but needs must. Enjoy your new motor. :bigwave:

weefossy
16th May 2009, 07:46 PM
Devastated to hear the news, but can understand. When Kerr gets his own Mini, you will be back :D You are all more than welcome in the van for any run.
Keep posting Jason, as you always had a well thought out response to most discussions........or was that Lesley:smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
16th May 2009, 10:41 PM
Devastated to hear the news, but can understand. When Kerr gets his own Mini, you will be back :D You are all more than welcome in the van for any run.
Keep posting Jason, as you always had a well thought out response to most discussions........or was that Lesley:smilewinkgrin:

Sure it was Lesley :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear all this mate, but i suppose needs must. Was hoping the 'dug' could be accomodated in the 'job mobile' but i guess you guys have thought all this out. I kinda thought something was brewing after you got 'said' dog & started posting about 4x4's, coupled to the fact that your posts have 'bombed' of late.

We've also got some '4' legged news in the pipeline but the MINI ain't going nowhere :thumbs up:

Can't you guys just buy a car for the dog :rolleyes:

Oh & see you back in a MINI v'soon.

N12 JLK
16th May 2009, 10:45 PM
#

Lesley cant write;)

Bumble
16th May 2009, 10:50 PM
Your being brave jason ...

N12 JLK
16th May 2009, 10:53 PM
Sure it was Lesley :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear all this mate, but i suppose needs must. Was hoping the 'dug' could be accomodated in the 'job mobile' but i guess you guys have thought all this out. I kinda thought something was brewing after you got 'said' dog & started posting about 4x4's, coupled to the fact that your posts have 'bombed' of late.

We've also got some '4' legged news in the pipeline but the MINI ain't going nowhere :thumbs up:

Can't you guys just buy a car for the dog :rolleyes:

Oh & see you back in a MINI v'soon.

Car is for Kerr and Les also, Kerr wasn't enjoying the runs anymore are he was getting more travel sick in the back, I always wanted to do the runs as a family. I don't think I will have another Mini in the near future, we have had 4 BMW minis now so I think Its time for a change, was a mistake getting the last red cooper S, should have changed it then. Really enjoying going to the carron valley at the weekends now out walking with the dog, has really helped our fitness. Will still see you all on some runs.
So your getting some 4 legged action are you soon, Oh er matron.

Scottie
16th May 2009, 10:57 PM
Car is for Kerr and Les also, Kerr wasn't enjoying the runs anymore are he was getting more travel sick in the back, I always wanted to do the runs as a family. I don't think I will have another Mini in the near future, we have had 4 BMW minis now so I think Its time for a change, was a mistake getting the last red cooper S, should have changed it then. Really enjoying going to the carron valley at the weekends now out walking with the dog, has really helped our fitness. Will still see you all on some runs.
So your getting some 4 legged action are you soon, Oh er matron.

:off topic: mind and check your dog over for ticks:off topic: we've had few recently on our dogs. I hate the buggers I always tick check the dogs every evening.:off topic:

N12 JLK
16th May 2009, 11:21 PM
:off topic: mind and check your dog over for ticks:off topic: we've had few recently on our dogs. I hate the buggers I always tick check the dogs every evening.:off topic:
He got one last weekend, thing was huge, pulled out the tick and stood on it.

Scottie
16th May 2009, 11:25 PM
He got one last weekend, thing was huge, pulled out the tick and stood on it.

you got a tick taker outer ??? took one out of miss this morning, blood suckers they remind me of sweet corn.

D3 JDA
16th May 2009, 11:28 PM
Hi there m8 sorry to hear you are changing your mini for a new car(bmw x3).I think you will miss the mini but i hope you have plenty of fun with the new bmw.We would like to thank you for the great welcome you gave us to nms when we first met at the fast and modified show at ingliston last year. David and Fiona.:bigwave::thumbs up::clap:

shaunbhoy67
18th May 2009, 01:02 PM
good luck with the x3 sorry to hear that the mini has to go

euan
18th May 2009, 01:42 PM
Good luck with the X3 mate, expanding families really bugger up car choices! Did you look at anything other than an X3?

ELFMAN
19th May 2009, 01:36 PM
Jason, Lesley and Kerr. Sorry to hear the news, but if the MINI's no longer suitable for your needs, it's silly to hang on to it - not to mention the financial aspect. Things change and you have to go with the flow. You guys have put a LOT into NMS in the past few years and you'll be (and have been) missed on the Runs. I mean who's going to chase naughty Audis down country roads now? Missing Jason's 'Carry On' humour too, but I'm making an extra effort to keep my end up.... by eating more Werther's Originals.

Have a great 'Family Time' with the new Beemer and I hope to see you at some time in the future. All The Best!

N12 JLK
19th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Gee thanks for the lovely comments everyone. Ewan - Jason will still be at the runs with Mr King I am sure, so you can keep up with his humour.

Just getting the diary out to book a wee MINI Meats for those who are interested.

Lesley

N12 JLK
19th May 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm making an extra effort to keep my end up....

Oh er Matron:eek::eek:

ELFMAN
20th May 2009, 08:37 AM
That's ma boy!!!!!!!!!

Scottie
27th May 2009, 09:36 PM
well 10 days have passed do you the X3 yet.

ianking
28th May 2009, 08:23 AM
Handover is today at 4pm I believe

zimbo
28th May 2009, 09:07 AM
:frown: whats this world coming to.... :rolleyes: they will be back!!!

N12 JLK
30th May 2009, 10:41 PM
Well what can I say, we love our new car, cant see me back in a Mini in the near future. I loved every minute of the runs and the cars but Ive moved on and need something that suits my lifestyle. I will keep the car clean but if it gets a nick on the wheels or a wee door dent then hey thing s happen. When I owned the Mini I wasn't enjoying it because I would never take it anywhere because I was in fear someone would damage it or I would and too be honest I have realised it was only a car and my families need were are more important. Mr King it was nice to know you but since 4pm on Thursday I know we can no longer talk as I have no Mini.:thumbs up:

Scottie
30th May 2009, 10:44 PM
Glad you like the new car, however when the dust settles I hope you'll find yourself back in a Mini sometime in the future.

Craig
30th May 2009, 10:46 PM
glad your all loving the new car...:yes nod: but where are the pics... ;):thumbs up:

N12 JLK
30th May 2009, 10:51 PM
Waiting for my buffmyster buddy to work his magic on it first before pics but hey its a mini forum not for BMW cars, wait hey new Mini's are BMW cars so I will post pics, sorry Leyland lovers but its true.

Gismo
31st May 2009, 11:03 AM
its a mini forum not for BMW cars, wait hey new Mini's are BMW cars so I will post picsPost away

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/bmw_m3.jpg

zimbo
31st May 2009, 05:12 PM
Post away

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/bmw_m3.jpg

God damn it Alan, did you have to post this picture up, I've just gone and drooled all over my new keyboard... :rolleyes: :p

p.s we could do with a drooling smiley i think.

MINI William
31st May 2009, 05:21 PM
Come on get picys up :smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
2nd June 2009, 09:54 PM
All in good time. Mr King will be over on Sunday to work his magic. Will stick some pics up then.