PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Insurance

RyanK
14th May 2009, 07:06 PM
Anyone have any idea where I can get temporary insurance over a 3 day period? I am wanting my friend to share the driving with me to Mini united cos quite frankly I can't be hooped driving all that way :rolleyes:

I have tried temp-cover but they won't let me as the car in which is going through has to be registered to someone at least 21 years old. Raging :nag:

cheers

Bazthemod
14th May 2009, 07:17 PM
I looked into this for my classic mini... you will be hard pushed to find anyone willing to do it for drivers under 21 :sad:

stop being a wuss its not that far :p

Smitty
14th May 2009, 07:25 PM
Anyone have any idea where I can get temporary insurance over a 3 day period? I am wanting my friend to share the driving with me to Mini united cos quite frankly I can't be hooped driving all that way :rolleyes:

I have tried temp-cover but they won't let me as the car in which is going through has to be registered to someone at least 21 years old. Raging :nag:

cheers

The drive's not that bad mate - couple of stops and it'll be easy :D

I made it all the way from down here to Perth without stopping one night - and would have kept going if it wasn't for the blasted fuel econmy/small tank of my car!! :eek:

indigomatt
14th May 2009, 10:22 PM
Age may be an issue but ring insurance company and see if they can be a named driver for the year.....my dad (who's way over 21 :laugh:) was only using Mini M for a weekend but got addedd to insurance and i got a £40 discount, utter madness :argh:

Crombers
14th May 2009, 10:54 PM
The drive down / back is a doddle, especially when you are 'in convoy' :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
15th May 2009, 08:23 AM
Why not just add him onto your policy as a named driver for the weekend.

Also the drive down that way really doesnt take long and its easy straight roads.

stoney
15th May 2009, 08:27 AM
stop being a wuss i drove to oxford and back in a day :eek:

now thats a proper drive :D

Big Gordy
15th May 2009, 08:37 AM
Pah.....your all softies:p
I used to drive from Falkirk to St.Ives, Cornwall (10 hours:eek:) every year on the 'Stewarts' annual vacation:D One pee stop round about Bristol that was all:Whistle:

euan
15th May 2009, 09:10 AM
I did Edinburgh to the west mids on the bank holiday weekend - took 7 hours with all the blooming caravans in the lakes! But it's really not that far and easily doable in a day. I used to Aberdeen to London and Southampton a few times a year in a day (12 hours....)

However, if you do want to put him on the policy, I'd ask about adding them to your own, should be able to do that no problem.

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2009, 09:38 AM
Ryan, try these guys. Never used them, just found them on a quick Google search.

DayInsure.com (http://www.dayinsure.com/?gclid=COek1O_0vZoCFQVaFQodrl6Nqw)

Not sure if they insure young pups, but worth a try.

A.:D

Crombers
15th May 2009, 09:40 AM
Many many years ago (22 to be exact :eek:) I did Glasgow to Bournemouth. Can't remember how long it took me but it was done in a 1986 VW Polo 1050cc :thumbs up:

RyanK
15th May 2009, 02:53 PM
Cheers folks,

Don't want to sound like a wouss ha, driven to Birmingham before and it wasn't all that bad. My mate is wanting to share the journey, i.e he would prefer to drive some of the way rather than sit passenger. Cheers Ian I will phone my insurance and see if they can do this & I'll check out that website Andy. Just hope it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg...if it is expensive i wont be putting him on.

Stoney down to oxford and back in a day :thud::D

:thumbs up:

Crombers
16th May 2009, 10:58 PM
Stoney down to oxford and back in a day :thud::D

:thumbs up:

& the issue is :rolleyes:

Absolute doddle :yes nod:

stoney
17th May 2009, 09:18 AM
& the issue is :rolleyes:

Absolute doddle :yes nod:

not quite a doddle but not that bad i under stand him wanting to drive as i would my prob would be i dont like being a passanger

N12 JLK
17th May 2009, 06:06 PM
As Mr King has said, phone your current insurer and they will add him on as a Temporary Additional Driver.

Scottie
17th May 2009, 11:45 PM
Pah.....your all softies:p
I used to drive from Falkirk to St.Ives, Cornwall (10 hours:eek:) every year on the 'Stewarts' annual vacation:D One pee stop round about Bristol that was all:Whistle:

piff light weight we done the same trip towing a caravan.:p:p

Crombers
18th May 2009, 07:31 AM
towing a caravan.:p:p

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :argh: