PDA

View Full Version : Arran run maybe

GCA3N
12th May 2009, 09:03 AM
I was looking on the calander and there are no events for July planned, that i can see. I was going to see how much interest there would be on a run over to the isle of arran. Having lived there I can tell you that the road around is amazing. It is approx 60 miles right round. Rather that take the 1 hour boat from Ardrossan, I thought that we could go from claonaig. The run would prob start around the dumbarton area, follow the A82 onto the A83 right round to claonaig, round the island and either of at brodick then ardrossan, or back the way we came.
The route from dumbarton to claonaig is 90miles then 60 around arran. You would be looking at 250 miles. is that too much. The roads are ace that way. If anyone else has a suggestion on that route. Just want to get the feelers around an island run. cheers
the ferry trip is 15 mins.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&tab=wl

stoney
12th May 2009, 09:08 AM
I was looking on the calander and there are no events for July planned, that i can see. I was going to see how much interest there would be on a run over to the isle of arran. Having lived there I can tell you that the road around is amazing. It is approx 60 miles right round. Rather that take the 1 hour boat from Ardrossan, I thought that we could go from claonaig. The run would prob start around the dumbarton area, follow the A82 onto the A83 right round to claonaig, round the island and either of at brodick then ardrossan, or back the way we came.
The route from dumbarton to claonaig is 90miles then 60 around arran. You would be looking at 250 miles. is that too much. The roads are ace that way. If anyone else has a suggestion on that route. Just want to get the feelers around an island run. cheers
the ferry trip is 15 mins.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&tab=wl

i i have my stag weekend in july form the 10-12 th then get hiched on the 6th of aug so prob a no from me :argh:

but sounds like a good idea for a run :thumbs up:

GCA3N
12th May 2009, 09:12 AM
i i have my stag weekend in july form the 10-12 th then get hiched on the 6th of aug so prob a no from me :argh:

but sounds like a good idea for a run :thumbs up:

5th of July i was thinking about

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2009, 09:38 AM
Terrific idea Greig:thumbs up:. Not so sure about the timing, 5th July is a mad holiday period. Albeit the Englanders are have not swarmed up yet, but the Scottish kids are off. And that would no doubt be a trades week in many places around the country. Just thinking the traffic may be a tad jammed. So like I say, great idea, but perhaps not possible to do that distance at that time of year.:blush:

Just my tuppence.;)

A.:D

Forbes
12th May 2009, 10:09 AM
My mum and dad stayed there over easter and loved it. But i think for me for a day it is a little too much travelling. Great idea for the Southerners though