PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever got in your Mini and been locked out of driving?

Stewart
11th May 2009, 09:23 PM
I was giving the Mini a Mega Clean…Polish, Glaze, sealed etc and moved the car a few times on the drive twice just too half turn the wheels to clean. Anyway got carried away with time and just had enough time to get in and a quick shower and jumped out got in the Mini and nothing!

All I got was the steering wheel juddering and the display saying Steering wheel was locked.:ragin: Pulled out the Fob and put it back in and it cleared. Had the car nearly a year and this is the first time I have seen this.

Forbes
11th May 2009, 10:21 PM
Is it not just the wheel lock system? Mine (R50) seems to lock itself quite alot even just the smallest bump

Stewart
11th May 2009, 11:09 PM
Wheel lock system symbol just comes up, never seen it before..I'll have to have a wee read of the book and see what it says. I was late and thought "whats all this, start will you" :blush:

AndyP & Lenore
11th May 2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah happened a few times. Just take the fob back out, shuggle the steering wheel a wee bit, stick the fob back in and you should be fine.:thumbs up:

A.

zimbo
11th May 2009, 11:32 PM
Nope never had this prob.

jam80s
12th May 2009, 02:03 PM
I have had that warning, it was due to the steering lock being under tension, ie the steering wheel being turned while locked. to release just turn the steering wheel a little while pushing start button.