PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek film

midge
11th May 2009, 12:22 AM
Went to see the new Star Trek film earlier, and I must say it was out of this world!! It's a must see for trekky fans and a must see for non trekky fans - Brilliant!

illegalhunter
11th May 2009, 06:55 AM
Well woth a vist to the cinema

euan
11th May 2009, 08:28 AM
This is the tester for me - going to see it in the local IMAX tonight so a test of the IMAX and if the film is any good! Has had good reviews to date though.

Stewart
11th May 2009, 08:38 AM
For the first time in years there seems to be a few good films out.

Great that reviews seem to be that it’s a great film.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
State Of Play
Terminator Salvation -Christian Bale
Star Trek XI
Angels & Demons

Smitty
11th May 2009, 10:31 PM
Cracking Film - so much so it may actually covert me into a full blown trekkie :eek: :Whistle:

bigcoyote
11th May 2009, 11:49 PM
Took my Dad to see it last Friday - we both loved it!!!!!:popcorn:

euan
12th May 2009, 08:42 AM
Well, went to see it last night, thought it was brilliant, as did the missus.

We went to see it in our local Odeon on the IMAX screen. The screen is massive, the sound is awesome, but what really blew us away was the quality of the picture - pin sharp in every way. I'd pay to see stuff on IMAX purely for that!

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2009, 08:59 AM
Well, went to see it last night, thought it was brilliant, as did the missus.

We went to see it in our local Odeon on the IMAX screen. The screen is massive, the sound is awesome, but what really blew us away was the quality of the picture - pin sharp in every way. I'd pay to see stuff on IMAX purely for that!

Which IMAX was that Euan?

A.

euan
12th May 2009, 12:48 PM
Wimbledon - the first time we'd tried it. A much smaller screen than the IMAX beside Waterloo, but still larger than normal. Essentially, it's the full height and width of the front wall in the cinema, there is nothing either side of it. I wouldn't pay for it with the screen size alone, but I would for the picture quality, with a caveat - I'd only pay for it for something like Star Trek where the little details make up so mu h of the overall effect, I wouldn't bother for something like Shrek which is coming next year. However they had a trailer for the new Transformers 3D and it looked awesome in the IMAX screen (and the film looked good too - looking forward to that one).

zimbo
12th May 2009, 04:43 PM
I want to go see this.... Looks brilliant as does the new Transformers film :yes nod: