PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics via Flickr - Help Required

Ivano
10th May 2009, 09:40 PM
I set up a flickr account tonight in order to post pics. I have uploaded the link in the gallery section.

But how can i get the pictures to show up live on the site instead of linking it through to my flickr account.

I tried copy and pasting a pic url from flickr but it doesn't show the pic directly on site.

Do i need to update my Forum settings etc??

Ivano
10th May 2009, 10:36 PM
All sorted now :thumbs up::thumbs up:

MINIme:)
9th October 2011, 02:11 AM
Please can someone tell me how I should use Flickr with NMS? Thanks for any help:thumbs up:

RobSco
9th October 2011, 08:41 AM
I use Photobucket as does Andy, so here's a Quick tutorial for those who wish to share their pictures on the forums that Andy has previously supplied. Hope this Helps... :thumbs up:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?12359-Posting-Pics-In-Forums

If your still stuck with this, Im sure someone on here will be able to help... :yes nod:

SuperCooperS
9th October 2011, 08:54 AM
I find these websites that support pic sharing quite fiddly to use.. I generally just upload my pics straight from my computer to these web pages as its much quicker and easier:-)

9th October 2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks Robert, I'd already scoured and seen the instructions for Photobucket. It's Flickr I'd like to know about, I already have an account on Flickr and don't want to open yet another on another site if I don't have to, would rather contain my personal stuff to fewer locations on the web. Also presuming that if I upload to NMS server I'll have to spend time shrinking all my pictures first which can be a nuisance.

Had to search hard for a flickr thread on here to post to!

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2011, 12:26 PM
I use Photobucket as does Andy, so here's a Quick tutorial for those who wish to share their pictures on the forums that Andy has previously supplied. Hope this Helps... :thumbs up:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?12359-Posting-Pics-In-Forums

If your still stuck with this, Im sure someone on here will be able to help... :yes nod:

To be fair Rob, that tutorial is pretty out of date. The site has moved onto vBulletin V4 since then.

And I haven't used Photobucket in years. I now host my own pics on my own server.

Never used flickR so can't offer any advice, sorry.

A.

RobSco
9th October 2011, 02:20 PM
To be fair Rob, that tutorial is pretty out of date. The site has moved onto vBulletin V4 since then.

And I haven't used Photobucket in years. I now host my own pics on my own server.

Never used flickR so can't offer any advice, sorry.

A.

Just wondering if this tutorial is out of date, is there a quicker and easier way of uploading photo's on NMS :computer: - What photo sharing websites do the rest of NMS Members prefer and use and what would you say is the best... :idunno:

stoney
9th October 2011, 02:50 PM
i use photo bucket but also up load on to this site as well :thumbs up: and yes Rob that is out of date as andy said need one of the tech guys to do a new one i would but no good at that sort of thing

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2011, 03:29 PM
i use photo bucket but also up load on to this site as well :thumbs up: and yes Rob that is out of date as andy said need one of the tech guys to do a new one i would but no good at that sort of thing

I can do it, but it's time consuming. If I get a chance this week, I'll have a go, but if someone else has the time, they can fill their boots.

Also, the photo hosting options on this site has changed a fair bit, so I'd need to look into that as well so that it all gels.

A.

12th October 2011, 06:57 PM
TEST

upload from computer: 1.4MB

photobucket img file copy paste

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/minime434/007.jpg

Mini Ecosse
12th October 2011, 07:10 PM
I prefer the photobucket version. :thumbs up:

12th October 2011, 07:39 PM
I wasn't sure if there were size limits or how they would come out. Both seem to work ok! :thumbs up:

Gismo
13th October 2011, 04:22 AM
I wasn't sure if there were size limits or how they would come out. Both seem to work ok! :thumbs up:There are size limits, 1024 x 768 pixels, can't remember the file size, but, the NMS servers have unlimited space