PDA

View Full Version : Zymol takes second place

Julz
20th April 2003, 04:42 AM
Okay folks, you'll probably not believe me, but you'll just have to! During my serious girl racer days, I swore by Simoniz, but then I discovered Zymol and the Siz polish took second place. I still use Siz for everything else (trim, cockpit etc.) but then I bought Teflon polish by Siz. It is the bestest stuff in the world (slight exageration possibly). The shine is brill, the paint work feels all smooth, tar spots come off easily AND, best of all, it doesn't mark your trim with big ghastly white marks! In fact, if you don't believe me, try it, I am seriously in love with this stuff - could you tell!
Anyway, sales stint over, I'll let you go now!;)

3GGG
20th April 2003, 04:58 AM
Ah, but does it have such a lovely smell of coconuts and bananas?

scott shand
20th April 2003, 05:07 AM
will try it next time round

GAJ
20th April 2003, 06:28 PM
I like the no white marks bit!

duncan
20th April 2003, 06:35 PM
The stuff that came in the MINI car car care rucksack doesn't leave white marks either.

Any idea who the manufacturer of it is?

Julz
20th April 2003, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't smell as nice as Zymol, but it comes off a damn site easier! I covered BabyB with the stuff in a oner then spent about fifteen minutes lovingly buffing it off! The best bit is definately removing the tar marks off the boot and door!!:D:D

3GGG
20th April 2003, 06:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Unfortunately it doesn't smell as nice as Zymol, but it comes off a damn site easier! I covered BabyB with the stuff in a oner then spent about fifteen minutes lovingly buffing it off! The best bit is definately removing the tar marks off the boot and door!!:D:D

Does sound nice, especially if it doesn't mark the black bits. I use Autoglym bumper care for cleaning the black bits and it does help if you get Zymol on it by mistake.

Linda M
21st April 2003, 02:54 AM
I went to Halfords the other day and forked out 30quid on Autoglym stuff for Daisy but I've still to use it :I

3GGG
21st April 2003, 03:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

I went to Halfords the other day and forked out 30quid on Autoglym stuff for Daisy but I've still to use it :I

Well you can tell I cleaned my car (first time since the Borders run) because it looks like it is going to rain.:clown:

The only Autoglym stuff I have tried is the bumper care and the wheel cleaner which does what it says on the bottle.

GAJ
21st April 2003, 06:27 AM
I use this stuff from the Autoglym professional range

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/GAJ/superglym.jpg

and as I have 5 litres of it I will be using it for a long time:D It gives a fantastic shine but does leave white marks on the plastic though. :(

Julz
21st April 2003, 08:41 PM
I must admit, I'm not a very big fan of Autoglym, but I know lots of people are! I think I'm back to being Simoniz and nothing else (except Zymol shampoo cause the smell is irresistable, but does tend to make you hungry!!);):D

d00b
23rd April 2003, 03:00 AM
Whats this tuff called?

3GGG
23rd May 2003, 01:57 AM
I tried some of the Teflon stuff today and it is very easy to put on and doesn't mark the black bits as you said. Not as 'deep' a shine as Zymol I would say, but a lot quicker to do the car. I miss the Zymol smell a lot though.
;)

Linda M
23rd May 2003, 06:03 AM
It's a bit early to polish for the Cruise David ;):D:D:D

3GGG
23rd May 2003, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

It's a bit early to polish for the Cruise David ;):D:D:D

This was just the dummy run Linda :D

Gotta get the bumper fixed before the cruise for sure!:I