PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Cycling Fans..

Ivano
9th May 2009, 10:36 AM
Giro d'Italia Cycling race starts today will full coverage on Eurosport Channel for the duration (3 whole weeks)..

I can't wait :D:D

I know there are a couple of cycling fans on here. ie Euan, John.

Will you all be watching?

It will be interesting to see the big Lance Armstrong return... I just don't know if he will still have it in him... There are some other top racers out there now that he will be up against :thumbs up:

euan
9th May 2009, 04:36 PM
Can't watch as I don't have Eurosport but will keep a track online.

I don't think he'll win, especially after the collarbone incident, I think he's just looking for a strong finish as a warm up for the tour. He's always had tough competitors against him but he just has a mental attitude none of the others seem to have, especially when the weather gets a bit nasty!

I've been really enjoying getting out on the new bike though, building up the miles in time for summer. Bought a new carbon fibre bottle holder in a moment of weakness last weekend :-) I think I need to lose more weight than the bike does though!

Forbes
9th May 2009, 04:43 PM
I always watch the Tour de France, never watched any other ones though. Will be interesting to see how Lance Armstrong does, I reckon he will still be near the top

Big Gordy
10th May 2009, 08:40 AM
I read the good old French were still hounding Lance hoping to eventually get a positive urine sample:eek: what are they like:argh:
I just bought a new Marin fully suspended MB yesterday:thumbs up: Hope the weather stay decent on Tuesday, when it gets delivered, so I can take it for a blast:cool:

Gismo
10th May 2009, 09:30 AM
Has Lance recovered from his broken neck??

euan
10th May 2009, 10:24 AM
Has Lance recovered from his broken neck??

Pretty much apparently. These boys all race quickly after breaking collarbones, I'm not sure I'd be so fast back on the bike!

euan
10th May 2009, 10:27 AM
I read the good old French were still hounding Lance hoping to eventually get a positive urine sample:eek: what are they like:argh:
I just bought a new Marin fully suspended MB yesterday:thumbs up: Hope the weather stay decent on Tuesday, when it gets delivered, so I can take it for a blast:cool:

It's shocking the way they keep at him, thinking it's just not possible what he achieved as he improved so much, but it's all about how he rides, he went from a sprinter with massive legs to a thinker, with the power when he needed it. Much more of a complete racer now.

Nice one on the Marin - you'll need to post up some pics! My mountain bike has been sat in the shed for a while, not getting a look in while the road is getting abused, but when the weather turns in autumn it'll come back out as I don't fancy slicks over winter!

The Bull
11th May 2009, 08:11 PM
I'm watching it. I'd love Lance to do well. You can tell he isn't just there to make up the numbers even by the first time trial. He was pushing to be the first over the line.

A top ten finish at the end would be a great result for him personally all things considered.

The stage tomorrow finishes with climb at the end so that's when we'll see the real contenders start to show their hands.

Ivano
19th May 2009, 08:39 PM
Well i'm really enjoying the Giro D'Italia this year..

Did anyone hear about that crash on Saturday where the Spanish Rider Pedro Horrillo on a mountain descent went over a railing and fell 150ft down a Ravine... It took rescuers 10 minutes to find him and he was pretty badly injured but seems he will make a full recovery.

He was one lucky guy to survive it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAZuqSlksn4