PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Q's

R7 ETH
4th May 2004, 09:11 PM
Sorry in advance !!

The cooper that i am getting comes with the CD prep kit and a cassette player. I want to put in a multichanger however Dunedin want £250 for one is there a cheaper alternative that i can fit myself utilising the CD prep kit and no need for more wiring ?

I want to get clear bulbs all round but which type (ie fitting) do i need. Also clear side indicator lenses.

Also i want to change the vent around the indicators also, not very fond of the shark fins but i have seen an OEM version in chrome where is the cheapest to buy from ?

Any links, prices or suggestions would be more than welcome

Kind Regards
Gareth

Julz
4th May 2004, 09:23 PM
Well, I would recommend taking a trip to http://www.newministuff.co.uk/ and have a look at what mikeythemini has to offer!! But I'm sure there'll be plenty of people able to help you out here as these are some pretty common queries!!;):D

KenL
4th May 2004, 09:34 PM
Try http://www.powerbulbs.com/ for bulbs.

Wul
4th May 2004, 09:36 PM
Gareth - there is a sony CD changer and interface available (see Julz link) which plays MP3's too for less than the OEM one - or check out the for sale forum on www.MINI2.com as there's always some appearing there for a lot less than £250!

Clear Bulbs in the front - only need to put osram indicator bulbs in there http://www.powerbulbs.com/ are a good supplier of these and other types of bulbs. The rear clusters involve replacing the whole assembly it's £175 from your dealer or you can get lexus style ones on ebay for £90 - starky has these. As for the side repeaters - there are several ways of doing this - there are chrome versions of the standard style ones available from www.newminisport.com - but they are pricey (about £70!) and the repeater lense itself is extra :( or the shark fin ones with clear lenses are £40-£50 on ebay or www.coolnew.co.uk , or you can go for 'S' ones or get the siver paint out on your own ones!

Wul
4th May 2004, 09:37 PM
Bugger Ken - you beat me to the powerbulbs link! ;)

KenL
4th May 2004, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Bugger Ken - you beat me to the powerbulbs link! ;)

I'm sure if was a Meguiars query you'd be first though.

Starky
4th May 2004, 10:41 PM
Try also www.gap-germany.com I seen this link for chrome bits on Mini2.

Wul
4th May 2004, 10:48 PM
I got my chrome door scoops from that dude - got them on ebay though for £20 :) Good service.

Starky
4th May 2004, 10:52 PM
Good selection of chrome bits too, don't know if I fancy the chrome side protection bits though.

Duncan Stewart
4th May 2004, 11:46 PM
mmmm - chrome side protection strips :approve: Just what I need to stop my nightmares about people opening there doors onto my mini and denting it :D. Call me stupid :clown: but I cannot find any prices or how to order info on the website

Wul
5th May 2004, 05:13 PM
Duncan - I did have a price list but binned it! will see if i can find his email address and post it up!

Wul
5th May 2004, 05:25 PM
This was the dude - mkammholz@aol.com - i'm sure he'll email you a price list.

Duncan Stewart
5th May 2004, 07:32 PM
Cheers Wul

Starky
5th May 2004, 09:30 PM
Try also JohnWelhamart@aol.com

R7 ETH
5th May 2004, 09:45 PM
Cheers Guys

KenL wins for the bulb link though just ordered them also get free sidelights !!!

Apparentley it is £50 for the adaptor from Halfords to connect a Sony 6 Disc into the CD prep wiring and a further £130-150 for a sony 6 disc.

Also got on Ebay those shark fins for £40 i think this is the cheapest.

Ta G

KenL
5th May 2004, 09:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH
Also got on Ebay those shark fins for £40 i think this is the cheapest.

Ta G

Not quite, I would have sold you mine for less ;):D

R7 ETH
5th May 2004, 10:06 PM
How much ? I found them on Ebay for £40 but i havent bid for them yet.

Wul
5th May 2004, 10:07 PM
No no no! Don't go to halfrauds! Email mikeythemini at www.newministuff.co.uk and see how much he can do you one for or try www.bassjunkies.co.uk or www.caraudiodirect.co.uk.

Also remember the Standard CD Changer doesn't play MP3's either - to compare the MINI price list shows the Sony CDXT70MX changer retailing at £315 plus £61 for the interface! :eek:

KenL
5th May 2004, 10:11 PM

How much ? I found them on Ebay for £40 but i havent bid for them yet.

They are still on my car which I am selling and plan to put the originals back on. They should be in perfect condition.

How does £20 including posting to you sound?

Wul
5th May 2004, 10:12 PM
Posting Ken - he lives across the A1 from you!

BTW Ken - you are welcome on the East Lothian Go-karts run with your Golf - go get your name down :)

R7 ETH
5th May 2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah great !! send me an email with your details and i will send a cheque to you. gareth.williams@coopercromar.com

KenL
6th May 2004, 12:48 AM

Yeah great !! send me an email with your details and i will send a cheque to you. gareth.williams@coopercromar.com

I'll take them off the car this weekend to check them out first then be in touch.

Cheers,
KenL

R7 ETH
6th May 2004, 12:51 AM
Great thanks for this

KenL
10th May 2004, 04:17 PM
OK R7 ETH. I have the vents off and they look fine. I've even got the box they came in and a spare set of grommets.

I'll email you with details if you want to go ahead.

Cheers,
Ken.

R7 ETH
10th May 2004, 06:49 PM
Cheers Ken,

Got your mail and will send cheque out tonight

G

Starky
16th May 2004, 11:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

Try also JohnWelhamart@aol.com
Just ordered some more chrome bits from John on Friday, prices are really good (eg. toggle switch (7pc set) for £39) and I should have them early this week.:)

Starky
13th June 2004, 02:27 AM
Ignore my last post, I haven't received my chrome from Mr. Welham and since I asked for a refund, he hasn't been responding to my e-mails either, what is it they say "Caveat Emptor".

Starky
14th June 2004, 02:38 AM
Just got word back from PayPal, they've going to refund me and chase Mr. Welham up for the cash, phheeewww, what a relief.