PDA

View Full Version : omg I was in casualty today

Scottie
5th May 2009, 08:47 PM
Yes me :eek::eek::eek: I said to Allan can't believe this I'm so used to it being you.

Started well:eek: they had no records for me it was like I was not from this area although I did move away I have been back for over 2 years and registered with a Doctor, you get a laugh at the receptionist like it was all my fault.

Anyway fell down the stairs at my work today 8.30am yip from the 3rd top stair right to the bottom just managing to land in direct line of my boss's office door.:blush::blush: Jumped up and said I'm fine not a problem and limped off to the photocopier.

Anyway being a woman I carried on working right up until five, Allan took me straight to casualty once I got home when he saw how swollen my ankle was turns out I've torn the calcaneofibular and anterior ligament which I think is just a fancy title to a having a bad sprain. Got an to go back in a couple of weeks until then no driving, walking etc etc. bl00dy sore at the moment right up there when I broke the dam thing in 2006.

GCA3N
5th May 2009, 08:51 PM
sorry to here that, hope you get better soon.

Forbes
5th May 2009, 08:54 PM
Hope you have a quick and painless recovery. Did you just stumble or...?

Bumble
5th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Ouchie!

Scottie
5th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Hope you have a quick and painless recovery. Did you just stumble or...?

well that's the thing I was wearing my heels today:yes nod: my Think shoes and they have a sort of rubber sole I remember they sort of stuck on the carpet sending me tumbling down I just remember thinking this is going to be embarrassing.

Tried not to let on I was hurt but they caught me limping along and I was dragged in to fill out one of those accident forms no bonus for me:argh::argh:

Craig
5th May 2009, 09:21 PM
suck it up wumen....! ;)

you never give Allan any sympathy so you ain't getting an from me... :moonie:

hope you remember how to drive after being out of the car so long :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
5th May 2009, 09:24 PM
So you wont be wearing heels again then Fi?

Still, lucky it wasnt worse than an ankle.

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2009, 09:26 PM
What are you pair like??? And I call Lenore Slippy McSliperson. You two take the biscuit.:frown:

Hope you recover soon:thumbs up:. And I hope Alan is doing absolutely nothing for you at home - you know, the way you do for him when he's laid up.:laugh:

A.:D

Ivano
5th May 2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear this... Get well soon

Scottie
5th May 2009, 09:46 PM
Allan it seems is making up for the past couple of years:frown::frown::knife:

it's kinda funny as I'm now the one on crutches no doubt I fall up the stairs tomorrow.:argh:

Mini is in the tucked up in the garage running about in the Civic at the moment as my mum is away.

camjay
5th May 2009, 09:52 PM
Ouch! Well make sure you keep your leg elevated and take plenty painkillers - you'll probably need them! Get well soon.:thumbs up:

PS - Your not the only one - that's the sort of thing I do all the time, but unlike men, we women soldier on regardless! :p;)

Scottie
5th May 2009, 09:58 PM
PS - but unlike men, we women soldier on regardless! :p;)

amen to that:D:D:Whistle:

Colin
5th May 2009, 10:25 PM
Ouch sounds painful, hope you're on the mend soon :bigwave:

Stewart
5th May 2009, 10:40 PM
Hope your not going to miss any of the runs..........:sad:

Take care...............feet up and send your other half to the shops for that DVD Box set you wanted..........

Gismo
6th May 2009, 03:53 AM
Hope you recover soon:thumbs up:. And I hope Alan is doing absolutely nothing for you at home - you know, the way you do for him when he's laid up.:laugh:

A.:DI'm sure you meant Allan :hand:

D3 JDA
6th May 2009, 06:55 AM
Sorry to hear of your wee accident get well soon fi.:D

Mini Ecosse
6th May 2009, 07:15 AM
Get well soon:bigwave::bigwave:

Crombers
6th May 2009, 08:09 AM
Watch where your flippin going wumin :rolleyes:

Ferengo
6th May 2009, 08:19 AM
Ow, Glad you're ok(ish) and nowt permanent done. I had an ex who did something similar and she waited nearly a week before going to hospital, the doctor took an X-ray and then discovered that her ankle had swollen so much up that it had caused it to fracture!!!

In my family I'm the clumsy one. I did manage to chop the top side of my finger off. I wasn't gonna go to hospital but my work made me. Turns out that I needed 4 stitches and had opened up 2 arteries, also I couldn't play the gig the next night. My band were not impressed.

Always best to get it checked out.

N12 JLK
6th May 2009, 07:49 PM
Hope you get better soon Fi. See you soon, perhaps at Plean when you is all better.

dellie
7th May 2009, 08:43 AM
Hope you get better soon!

I done something similar last year at my engagement party, i ended up breaking my ankle but didnt realise i had until i went to the docs three months later with a weird lump sticking out of my foot.