PDA

View Full Version : drivers window

GCA3N
3rd May 2009, 08:38 AM
So hoping this is'nt the start of more of these. The passenger window opens slightly as you open the door and when you close it, it shuts again. Now I know that is right, but my drivers one does'nt do that, I am presuming that is wrong, can someone with an R56 confrim that please.

Scottie
3rd May 2009, 08:48 AM
a few minis suffer this problem read about here

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/164392-window-problem.html

GCA3N
3rd May 2009, 09:04 AM
a few minis suffer this problem read about here

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/164392-window-problem.html

Off to the dealers I guess, gr8 3 days in and my first fault. Not worrying though, think they will be cool about it.

Mini Ecosse
3rd May 2009, 01:43 PM
We had this problem with our drivers door window on our Parklane.

Window sometimes failed to drop down when opening door and failed to go up when door closed.

Finally stuck half open.:eek:

Collected from Oban by transporter & returned following repair

Repaired by dealer (Parks) and no problems following repair.

Ferengo
10th May 2009, 10:30 PM
My R56 went through a period of opening itself. If you haven't got it fixed yet you can hard reset by removing the positive and negative cables from the battery for 15 mins I think. That resets the electrics. When you do this make sure you roll your windows down first then when you connect the battery you'll need to roll them up again. If that fails then trip to the dealer to get it re-coded as that worked for me.

GCA3N
11th May 2009, 06:11 AM
My R56 went through a period of opening itself. If you haven't got it fixed yet you can hard reset by removing the positive and negative cables from the battery for 15 mins I think. That resets the electrics. When you do this make sure you roll your windows down first then when you connect the battery you'll need to roll them up again. If that fails then trip to the dealer to get it re-coded as that worked for me.

thanks it's in just now while I am offshore for 2 or 3 things.:thumbs up:

Gismo
11th May 2009, 08:10 AM
thanks it's in just now while I am offshore for 2 or 3 things.:thumbs up:You're getting 2 or 3 things done to you while you're offshore :Whistle:

GCA3N
11th May 2009, 09:03 AM
You're getting 2 or 3 things done to you while you're offshore :Whistle:

ye lucky me , platform bitch:eek::Whistle:

zimbo
11th May 2009, 09:08 AM
You're getting 2 or 3 things done to you while you're offshore :Whistle:

Mmmm doesn't sound good does it... :eek: :Whistle:(wonder what it is?)