PDA

View Full Version : One balled!!!!

big pete
2nd May 2009, 01:54 PM
Fitted my link pipe this morning,(thanks Martin), did it in place without dropping the exhaust. Used a 4" battery buff with a 6" cutting disc with no guard:frown:, not recomended at all but time was off the essence.
Car now sounds lovely, not to loud maybe a tad deeper but with more pops and bangs on the over run. Definately feels like there is a bit more urgency about it on pick up but noise tends to make you think its faster any how.
List of mods is coming along nicely:-
17% pulley (think mini)
alta diverter and spray
Tensioner stop
Top and bottom OMP braces
GTT catch can
K&N Typhoon induction with custom airbox
Alta snoot boots
One ball mod
Chromeline interior
Various stainless engine bay fasteners
17" GP replica wheels , still to be fitted
List of wants:-
4 spots
Recaro seats
New non runflats
Live remap
Boost gauge

Thats about it for just now.
The only things I paid full price for was the Pulley and tensioner stop from Think mini and the chrome:cool: Just shows if you trawl the forums you can get a good deal from good folk!

Forbes
2nd May 2009, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a good Mini. Get some photos up!

GCA3N
2nd May 2009, 03:06 PM
Is yours an R56? and if so how easy was the induction kit to fit?

Gismo
2nd May 2009, 03:10 PM
Is yours an R56? and if so how easy was the induction kit to fit?Going by the list of mods and items used he doesn't have an R56 ;)

big pete
2nd May 2009, 05:42 PM
No mate its an r53 solid black n chrome. The K&n is a piece of cake to fit but I made an enclosure for it to try and shield from heat.
If its a decent day tomorrow ill give it a wash and take a few pics. :cool:

GCA3N
2nd May 2009, 05:49 PM
No mate its an r53 solid black n chrome. The K&n is a piece of cake to fit but I made an enclosure for it to try and shield from heat.
If its a decent day tomorrow ill give it a wash and take a few pics. :cool:

Sounds cool. Yeh I fitted an induction kit to my R50, but had a wee look under the bonnet on my R56 S and it's a different story. Thanks

big pete
2nd May 2009, 06:34 PM
New car is sweeeeeeet Greig:thumbs up:

GCA3N
2nd May 2009, 06:49 PM
New car is sweeeeeeet Greig:thumbs up:

Thankyou missing the old one too.