PDA

View Full Version : mini cooper seats

kenneth841
2nd May 2009, 08:36 AM
hi guys got a bit of a problem i have a mini one 2003 model i bought some mini cooper seats to put in the trouble is on my seats i hav a yellow@blue plug. on the cooper seats it has a yellow and black plug can i alter the wiring.dont want them heated.

ianking
4th May 2009, 08:28 AM
If the plug fits in then it will be fine.
However if the plug doesnt fit then im no sure.

I have had seats in and out before and the wires I have seen are for the seat air bag and pre tensioner.
Always disconnect the battery before you unplug and make sure its all plugged right back in before you hook the battery back up or you will put the air bag light on and you need a dealer to put it back out.

Ive never changed seats that have been heated. Do you know if the donner seats came from a heated car?

kenneth841
4th May 2009, 01:55 PM
ianking thanks for your reply no the plug does not fit the wiring. dont no if the seats came from a heated car but thanks any way ill just keep pluging away cheers

ianking
4th May 2009, 02:40 PM
It could be that the seats have come from facelift (2004) onwards and your 2003 will be prefacelift.

Where abouts in Midlothian are you?

I could take a look if you are stuck. Im in Penicuik.

kenneth841
5th May 2009, 11:22 AM
hi ian thanks for your advice i am in bonnyrigg midlothian if you could take a look that would be great i am on or i could come to you

ianking
5th May 2009, 03:41 PM
I am in Penicuik, (Howgate village)

You could pop past on Sunday when I am cleaning my car and I will take a look. Send me a P.M for my details
Ian

MINI William
5th May 2009, 06:58 PM
Just down the road from me.im in bonnyrigg quite alot give me a wave if you see me :thumbs up:

kenneth841
6th May 2009, 10:08 AM
mini william ill give you a wave mum@dad stay in loanhead new to this forum so hope u get this just getting used to it

cheers
kenny

MINI William
8th May 2009, 07:21 PM
Mum has a a JCW so give her a wave if you see her aswell lol.