PDA

View Full Version : Bug Splats

V500EMA
1st May 2009, 01:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a good bug splat remover??

i've tried all the usuals- Meguiars, Turtle wax and Autoglym but none seem to properly remove the marks! :argh:

Neil and Lorna
1st May 2009, 03:10 PM

i've tried all the usuals- Meguiars, Turtle wax and Autoglym but none seem to properly remove the marks! :argh:

Autosmart Tardis

But you'll need to re apply your wax as it strips it as well.

Neil.:thumbs up:

ianking
1st May 2009, 03:39 PM
I use either Megs all purpose cleaner diluted about 1:10 or Autosmart G101 diluted the same. However both these products are not available in the shops as they are a professional product but you will find them on eBay.

Most products that remove bugs with ease will remove wax, however because they remove the bugs with ease you are much less likely to inflict any swirls on the paint by rubbing at them.

Scottie
1st May 2009, 06:33 PM

well if you have a decent coat of wax on the car and don't mind wearing marigolds wash the car using a decent shampoo and with hot water the bugs will come off pretty easy, well they do on my car.

V500EMA
1st May 2009, 08:05 PM
well if you have a decent coat of wax on the car and don't mind wearing marigolds wash the car using a decent shampoo and with hot water the bugs will come off pretty easy, well they do on my car.

Car is washed twice weekly using megs NXTshampoo and is paint cleaned/polished/waxed once a month so you would think the marks would come off easily with products ive tried- maybe need to use a bit more elbow grease :laugh: but thanks for the suggestions everyone :thumbs up: