PDA

View Full Version : Facebook/Bebo

Hamish
30th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Out of curiousity any facebookers or beboers on here?

I notice on Facebook, theres now "fan" profiles... like become a fan of "summer" etc, wondered if an expert should get NMS a profile on there, might attract some new users. :idea:

:thumbs up:

GCA3N
30th April 2009, 07:34 PM
I'm on both, but only really bother with facebook:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
30th April 2009, 07:46 PM
Not on either. Wouldn't have time to keep either of them up to date. Just started to use Twitter in the cinema as a marketing tool though. Handy.:yes nod:

A.:D

bigcoyote
30th April 2009, 09:53 PM
I have a facebook page - look up "john Vowell"

Bazthemod
30th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Im on facebook http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Barry-McGinlay/611850368 (http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Barry-McGinlay/611850368)

Gismo
1st May 2009, 06:53 AM
wondered if an expert should get NMS a profile on there, might attract some new users. :idea:

:thumbs up:I'm very wary of these types of online communities, mostly from ignorance, but, i feel that the info stored online is widely abused and can lead to some forms of identity fraud, however, if someone can advise that it is entirely safe for the likes of NMS and other forums then i will look further into it

Ferengo
1st May 2009, 07:38 AM
I'm on Bebo only because my band requested each member get a profile. I never log into it though.

camjay
1st May 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm on bebo, on it all the time!

The Dogfather
1st May 2009, 08:43 AM
NM is on Facebook

Stewart
1st May 2009, 09:06 AM
On Bebo with only two friends……….boooooooo hoooooooo…

It was an old school friend that keeps in touch that asked why I was not on it.. So I done a wee page and added my pictures etc. We use it just to catch up, was nice to see his family as I’d never met the wife or kids.

If you join a group I think everyone in that group can see your page…..on Bebo other than that its on private.

I dont see much difference. I come on here to catch up with you lot...

Hamish
1st May 2009, 09:10 AM
I have a facebook page - look up "john Vowell"

theres a few john vowells, haha, i'm guessing your in napa or phoenix though.

Hamish
1st May 2009, 09:11 AM
I'm on both, but only really bother with facebook:thumbs up:

think i've added you greig :thumbs up:

Hamish
1st May 2009, 09:13 AM
I'm on both... so feel free to add me "hamish brandon". :D

Gismo
1st May 2009, 09:57 AM
NM is on FacebookGot a link and do i have to register to view it?

Smitty
1st May 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm on Bebo ad Facebook, although Bebo is slowly dying - Facebook is streaks ahead in terms of Social Networking Technology.

I think a NMS Group could be good "free" publicity. I would have no problems being responsible for it Gismo, if you need a hand?

Gismo
1st May 2009, 11:11 AM
I think a NMS Group could be good "free" publicity. I would have no problems being responsible for it Gismo, if you need a hand?I really don't have that much time to dedicate to it and it's blocked at my work, so, no problems, go right ahead, let me know if you need official logo's or banners etc
I'd obviously like to have some control over it's content, but, i don't know what's involved on it, so will leave it to you to advise

Smitty
1st May 2009, 11:15 AM
I really don't have that much time to dedicate to it and it's blocked at my work, so, no problems, go right ahead, let me know if you need official logo's or banners etc
I'd obviously like to have some control over it's content, but, i don't know what's involved on it, so will leave it to you to advise

I'll have a wee go at things at the weekend or early next week and get somethig basic set up before taking it further :thumbs up:

:off topic: - Your about to get a PM ;)

Gismo
1st May 2009, 11:23 AM
I should have mentioned that providing no NMS members details are uploaded or can be accessed in any way then i'm happy for NMS to be face booked.
Don't forget that NMS has a website as well as the forums

PM reply :thumbs up:

Smitty
1st May 2009, 11:27 AM
Yup, no details of members will be posted, and the website and forums will be advertised! :smilewinkgrin:

Hamish
1st May 2009, 11:37 AM
cool... hope the idea gives some extra coverage to NMS... gimme a shout when its ready so i can add to my list :D

Big Gordy
1st May 2009, 11:57 AM
Sheesh......its a good job the cold war is over that's all I can say:ragin:
Who needs KJB spies when you younger lot put every conceivable piece of information about yourself on one of those website. And you wonder why its so easy to clone someones identity:rolleyes:

Hamish
1st May 2009, 12:15 PM
haha, Big Gordy, its not as bad as that... i agree, you have to be careful what info you put on, I dont put all my personal details down and my page is set to private so that to be able to see my page someone actually has to be my friend. If I dont know them, I dont accept them as a friend.

You should have a nose sometime, its amazing the people u get back in touch with that you have lost contact with. :D

Big Gordy
1st May 2009, 02:10 PM
You should have a nose sometime, its amazing the people u get back in touch with that you have lost contact with. :D

Surely the whole point of losing contact is you don't want to speak to them again:moonie:

Big Gordy
1st May 2009, 02:18 PM
Well here's an example from yesterday......
Ross (my son) sent some kind of MSN friends request to me which I replied to. Because I'm his 'friend' now I can see all his other fiends. When you click on one of the others it opens all there friends....and so it goes on and on....before you know it you could be on some randome persons 'friends' page that has no idea of who the heck you are :argh:
Why do you feel the need for this kind of thing:eek:....your all weird:shut up:
Rant over as I was beginning to sound like my dad:eek::thud::beer:

Hamish
1st May 2009, 02:38 PM
which site is that on Gordy... bit strange that one.

Lol i agree, sometimes u lose touch cos you dont wanna speak to someone anymore, but other times (like after a good drinking session) you lose your phone etc and hey presto, lack of friends info haha... only happened to me a few times, drink was involved everytime! haha

Big Gordy
1st May 2009, 03:47 PM
which site is that on Gordy... bit strange that one

I'm sure it was MSN:confused:

Big Gordy
1st May 2009, 03:49 PM
Because I'm his 'friend' now I can see all his other fiends.

I meant friends........ohh wait a minute.......maybe I was right the first time:Whistle:

bigcoyote
1st May 2009, 09:58 PM
theres a few john vowells, haha, i'm guessing your in napa or phoenix though.

I'm the one in Phoenix - didn't know there was so many of ME all over the world...LOL

Gismo
2nd May 2009, 06:54 AM
Gordy, this is exactly what i don't like about the idea of these so called social sites :sad:
It's the innocent info you put up that gets used and abused, so, hopefully this face book will be ok, i like the idea of more exposure for NMS

Smitty
4th May 2009, 01:02 PM
Quickly created a NMS facebook page - NMS Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=77790408669&view=user#/group.php?gid=77790408669)

It's a closed group for now so you will have to join in order to see it. Will make it public once others approve of it!

Alan - can I have a larger version of the NMS logo to upload?

Any suggestions from anyone? :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
4th May 2009, 01:09 PM
Alan - can I have a larger version of the NMS logo to upload?

Right click and download

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/logo/cooper_s_logo.jpg

Hamish
4th May 2009, 01:10 PM
thats me requested to join, top marks smitty! :D

Gismo
4th May 2009, 01:10 PM
thats me requested to join, top marks smitty! :DIt's blocked for me by my work :ragin:

Hamish
4th May 2009, 01:15 PM
nae joy alan... i'll know more once i'm an approved member, :D hope this drums up some more business for you mate... :D

GCA3N
4th May 2009, 07:15 PM
Put my request in too, nice one mate:thumbs up:

camjay
4th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Hi guys. Is this only going to be on Facebook? I think there are a few of us on Bebo. I would offer to set up a page on Bebo, but I am so bad with computers, that I can barely download pics without making an a**e of it!!;)

camjay
4th May 2009, 08:04 PM
Have just joined Facebook. Added myself to the NMS friends list. :thumbs up:

Fester
4th May 2009, 08:35 PM
Have just requested to join as a friend, Forgot I had a facebook account until this thread started.

GCA3N
4th May 2009, 08:45 PM
Well here's an example from yesterday......
Ross (my son) sent some kind of MSN friends request to me which I replied to. Because I'm his 'friend' now I can see all his other fiends. When you click on one of the others it opens all there friends....and so it goes on and on....before you know it you could be on some randome persons 'friends' page that has no idea of who the heck you are :argh:
Why do you feel the need for this kind of thing:eek:....your all weird:shut up:
Rant over as I was beginning to sound like my dad:eek::thud::beer:

That's not quite right. Yes you can see their friends, but you cannot access their profile page unless they befriend you or they have made their profile public

Smitty
4th May 2009, 11:07 PM
Accepted all requests :thumbs up:

Page is still private at the moment, but in order for it to be "useful" it will need to be made public. Can one of the mods/admin give the thumbs up for this?

I've uploaded some pics from Craigs Perthshire Pleasure Run, and the Aberdeen meet from last night. Any members can feel free to add pictures of their MINI's or post in the discussion boards etc :thumbs up:

Forbes
4th May 2009, 11:18 PM
I got more photos if you want from last night. Just didn't load them all

Smitty
4th May 2009, 11:29 PM
I got more photos if you want from last night. Just didn't load them all

Wouldn't mind seeing them for my own benefit too.

Any chance you could email them to me, or upload them onto a public Flickr/Photobucket album?

Or I think if you send them to Gismo, he will host them on the NMS Gallery.

Forbes
4th May 2009, 11:31 PM
I will stick them on the Aberdeen thread and you should be able to just save them.

leighj
12th May 2009, 09:26 PM
i have both bebo and facebook
im on bebo more often than facebook, not really got into it yet!
my bebo is l18ghj

Smitty
12th May 2009, 11:05 PM
Facebook site now open to the general public:

NMS Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77790408669)

Any members can upload pictures at their own will, make posts, add links, videos etc.