PDA

View Full Version : It happens to the best of us ??!

Tahra
3rd May 2004, 07:22 PM
Came home on Friday to my first ever speeding notice :eek: Don't know what is more annoying; that I was done doing a measly 52mph coming over the Kirkliston hill towards Crammond Brig ( an early Saturday morning, blazing siunshine and no traffic ) or that I was driving the tank at the time !!!
If Id know I was finally going to blow my clean license then I would have liked to have been nipping along in Scooby !:D

Guess this might have an effect on my insurance ??

For those other poor souls at work today, werent the deserted roads great ??

Neil and Lorna
3rd May 2004, 10:58 PM
I agree with you its very annoying.:mad:
I got caught on Soutra Hill with the mobile unit between Lauder and Edinburgh. 77MPH
Not a House,School or anything apart from a wind farm for 3 miles.:(

Starky
4th May 2004, 01:27 AM
I don't think 1 speeding offence affects your insurance Tahra, well it didn't with me anyway.

Heather
4th May 2004, 02:37 AM
yep happened to me for the first time in october. 8mph over the motorway limit just outside the lake district. It did affect my insurance by 60 bucks. And thats with a a 14 year no claims bonus and no previous convictions. Does make you slow down for a bit:I

Monsta Mo Mini
4th May 2004, 04:23 AM
What a bugger! I'd spotted that one a few weeks back. For some reason it and the one that's always parked in the lay-by at Cowdenbeath are only ever operational when there's next to no traffic early on Saturday mornings....EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO US MR MONEY GRABBING HYPOCRITICAL PLOD....

Shouldn't effect the insurance - was it an SP30?

Willie M
4th May 2004, 05:48 AM
Bummer, know how you're feeling Tahra :mad:
My 3 points didn't effect my insurance thankfully.
Grrrr. It was all Calum's fault anyway (not that I'm at all bitter about it ;)):D

Big Col
4th May 2004, 04:14 PM
Well my 3 points doubled my insurance!

Only kiddin. Didn't do anything. :D

Tahra
4th May 2004, 07:07 PM
I nearly fell off the chair Col ! Oh well Ive got till October to find out...its a real pain cos we saw the van in the distance and was starting to slow down ( good job too )But they must have a good clear view up that hill to catch you !

Starky
4th May 2004, 11:03 PM
My insurance was due just after I got booked and I phoned around several insurance companies, all said 1 speeding conviction is ok and wont affect your insurance, out of interest just phone and ask them. (they're all very understanding and caring people).