29th April 2009, 05:49 PM
Anyone else seen this? Looks cool as hell imo, 100 units though :rolleyes:

Its supposedly going to be at mini united :thumbs up:

Hamish
29th April 2009, 06:10 PM
hey ryan... you got any pics or links to pics of it? sounds cool

RyanK
29th April 2009, 06:29 PM
Damn i forgot lol http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/04/29/mini-to-release-john-cooper-f1-special-edition/

only one pic though :(

Hamish
29th April 2009, 06:38 PM
nice... never thought i'd like the look of a green car, looks good in the 1 pic haha, hopefully see some more of it soon.

Is it me or do the mirrors and roof look brighter than pepper white?

Crombers
29th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Ghod that (albeit one photo) looks stunning, love that colour :yes nod:

Smitty
29th April 2009, 09:34 PM
That looks like it has a lot of potential! :cool:

Big Gordy
30th April 2009, 08:31 AM
Ghod that (albeit one photo) looks stunning, love that colour :yes nod:

There's a surprise:Whistle: Not quite tic green tho is it:moonie:

Hamish
30th April 2009, 08:54 AM
close tho Gordy... hail hail... haha

Gismo
30th April 2009, 09:08 AM
Horrible colour :Whistle:

zimbo
30th April 2009, 09:15 AM
Was it just me or did that article say there is 2 other special editions as well? Coz the article said this F1 would not be joining the other two...

""" We expect this very car to appear at MINI United but in a very special exclusive unveiling not tied to the Camden and Mayfair special editions. ""

Mmmm any info on these then?

50-100 ltd edition is going to be very rare & I would not be surprised if they are all sold out already as well :yes nod: :argh:

ianking
30th April 2009, 09:18 AM
It looks very nice, even although it is green.

If I hadnt just bought a JCW I think I would be right down to the dealers trying to secure one.

What worries me most though is that MINI have just stuck that car through a roller wash and as such it will be covered in swirl marks :eek:

RyanK
30th April 2009, 11:29 AM
haha swirls everywhere, never noticed that

Did anyone notice that even though this is a new ltd model, they appear to not be using the new aerokt with the brake duct system. Strange

Livi
30th April 2009, 11:35 AM
what 100 units mean is there is really only 99 to have a chance at as im sure BMW/MINI will have number 1 like the GP in there showroom

shaunbhoy67
30th April 2009, 11:45 AM
i like the colour very nice cant wait to see more pics :D

zimbo
30th April 2009, 11:54 AM
...they appear to not be using the new aerokt with the brake duct system. Strange

Thats probably because this car has probably been finished for ages now and was done long before the new grille bits were fabricated :thumbs up:

I still wouldn't say no!!

MINI William
30th April 2009, 11:58 AM
haha swirls everywhere, never noticed that

Did anyone notice that even though this is a new ltd model, they appear to not be using the new aerokt with the brake duct system. Strange

Its because its not an offical picture

Scottie
30th April 2009, 11:34 PM
100 examples of the vehicle have been pencilled in for production, names of interested customers are expected to be taken at this years MINI United where a pre-production version of the car will be on show. If not sold out on the spot at MINI United, the MINI John Cooper F1 will also be on sale through the regular MINI dealer network. With only 100 cars due for production, those who are desperate to get hold of one may wish to register interest in any way shape or form possible to avoid disappointment, but don’t be surprised if your request is greeted with a blank or confused expression from your MINI sales rep at this early stage.

Our sources have confirmed the JCW F1 limited edition will, as previously reported, come in an exclusive shade of non-metallic racing green named “John Cooper Green” complimented by a contrasting pepper white roof and bonnet stripes to reflect the livery of the John Cooper F1 racing cars. The tailgate, spoiler and wing mirrors will be finished in carbon to add to the sporting exterior appearance. Wheels will be 17″ alloy wheels in graphite grey, as appears the current trend in performance orientated vehicles. The basic specification of the car will be carried over from the MINI John Cooper Works, including the John Cooper Works Aero Kit, and all the usual options will be available for customers to spec if they so desire. Cars could be with their lucky owners as early as September 2009.

The interior of the John Cooper F1 MINI will offer a sporty yet luxurious contrast to the exterior in rooster red leather with the wonderfully tactile John Cooper Works sports steering wheel fitted as standard. The car will indeed feature some unique badging and a commemorative, numbered plaque of authenticity, of which Mike Cooper has reportedly been involved in the design. John Cooper Works branding will be prevalent around both the interior and exterior of the car.

Historically, this car is probably closest to the 1998 Mini Cooper Sports LE produced by Rover to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mini winning the British Touring Car Championship. Production was strictly limited to 100 vehicles destined only for the UK and Japanese market, and one of the two optional exterior finishes was a non metallic green marketed under the monicker “Brooklands Green”.

A version of the car has reportedly now been spotted rolling of the production line of BMW Group Plant Oxford, thanks to it’s tell tale paint finish, which indicates MINIs determination to show the car at the MINIs 50th birthday festival at Silverstone, from where we at theSwitchback will be reporting, tweeting, and generally overdosing on MINI goodness.

weefossy
4th May 2009, 11:03 PM
Perhaps at long last a proper BRG new Mini. Mike Cooper used to have his old JCW, "H15 Fun" in proper BRG with a Pepper White roof. It was a beautiful car and also had red interior, if my memory serves me well.