PDA

View Full Version : GAJ

GAJ
20th April 2003, 01:40 AM
Name: Gary

Age: 35 (online forms now class me in the 35 - 44 bracket, not good!)

Interests: Guinness Eating out, cooking (really just for the eating bit that comes after), MINIs, music (all sorts - 700 CDs and counting - but especially The Clash) & Macs.
Oh! And Guinness!

My MINI is the first car I have owned for about 12 years, preceded by a rusty MG Midget and an even more rusty Mk IV Cortina! In between my trusty steed was a Cannondale mountain bike. I've packed in cycling in town now while I still have both legs. I believe that commuting daily by bike for so long without being knocked off is probably some kind or record but after one too many close calls with beserk drivers my bottle has finally crashed and the bike has gone!
I thought that the MINI looked magic the first time I saw one and eventually popped in to the dealers one Sunday "just for a wee look;)"
I went for a test drive (10 minutes up Harry Lauder Road to the bypass and back - cheers Dunedin!) and, after a sleepless night, mainly spent on MINI2, went back on Monday afternoon to place my order. Five weeks later the new arrival was safely delivered. He's perfect! I think he's a boy but he hasn't got a name which is a shame but I just can't think of anything which seems right!