PDA

View Full Version : I've only gone and bloody done it!!!

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 07:50 PM
I've done it i've moved to the dark side, I've only gone and bout an R56:eek::eek:. 2008 Lazer blue cooper s, chilli pack, half leather, air con, and other stuff can't remember. It has a white roof, with white mirror caps, white bonnet stripes. So excited now. Pick it up on Thursday. Got to say thanks to all you guys (especially Craig and Andy) for all the useful advice. Made sure it was 2008 model, craig. After talking with Andy he settled my mind, so went to the garage tonight and bought it. So Andy I will be onto you if anything happens...;);)

had a look online this is pretty much identical to mine, not that i would have to expain it to you guys/gals
http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/images/models/mini_cooper_s.jpg

D3 JDA
27th April 2009, 07:57 PM
well done m8 cant wait to see the pics you wont regret it im still loving mine. What bout your old car did you trade it in ? where did you buy it from?David and Fiona:thumbs up::cool::clap:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:02 PM
Got it from Harry fairbairn, local mini dealership. They have been spot on b4 and they are just 15 mins away, made sense. Traded my cooper in against it. I know i would have got more but I waited until the end of the month so they were keen to do business. I got 5200 for it, I know I probably could have pushed to 6k but it was easier no hastle. Thought they would not have taken it moded and all. Just have to wait now........................argh

Bazthemod
27th April 2009, 08:08 PM
Congrats ;) Welcome to the R56 club :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:13 PM
Just thought, I will need to have my gallery showcase deleted, :sad::sad:. Please who ever has the responsability of this don't do it yet. I am really sad that I am giving it up. But there was no point in keeping 2 cars. I wanted a new one(nearly new). Will have a ceramony on wednesday.

edit: Just thought won't be doing too much to this....yeh right.....so please don't get rid of my gallery showcase thread. First mod will defo be powder coating the alloys. Think I will get them white to match the roof

ajamesj
27th April 2009, 08:16 PM
I think I may have spotted u last Monday afternoon at Harry Fairbairn or your car anyway we just dropped in to pass time were heading to ayr on hols

Andy&Lianne

RyanK
27th April 2009, 08:20 PM
Congrats mate, looking forward to seeing the pics!

Im currently looking at an r56 so you'll need to send on your opinions to me!

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:23 PM
Can't believe it my first spot and I am selling my car. I did see you, infact i said to the wife that i saw a really smart red mini at the mini garage, did'nt think it was anyone on here. Your car was really nice.:cool:. I was having a wee look, and ordering my spot covers.

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 08:25 PM
Well done that man! Congrats on your new purchase, I'm sure you'll love it.

But if it all goes "breasts" up, don't blame me, lol.

As for your gallery showcase thread, they stay open. By all means post to it saying you no longer have the car, but we won't close or delete it. Just remember to start a new one with pics of your nice shiny new one.

Welcome to the Laser Blue appreciation society.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
27th April 2009, 08:31 PM
congrats hope you enjoy many hassle free motoring miles.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:32 PM
Yeh, just kidding about blaming you, just wanted some opinions, I maybe needed a push that was all. So is that us up to 3 lazer blues again?

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 08:36 PM
Yeh, just kidding about blaming you, just wanted some opinions, I maybe needed a push that was all. So is that us up to 3 lazer blues again?

May be another couple who are not actve members on the site.

Ivano
27th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Got it from Harry fairbairn, local mini dealership. They have been spot on b4 and they are just 15 mins away, made sense. Traded my cooper in against it. I know i would have got more but I waited until the end of the month so they were keen to do business. I got 5200 for it, I know I probably could have pushed to 6k but it was easier no hastle. Thought they would not have taken it moded and all. Just have to wait now........................argh

That is brilliant that you have gone for it :thumbs up:

I hope you were looked after at Harry Fairbairn..:thumbs up: Who did you deal with Stuart or Pamela??

Tell them you know me (or kind of via the Forum) on Thursday when you pick up the New Car :D:D

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:48 PM
That is brilliant that you have gone for it :thumbs up:

I hope you were looked after at Harry Fairbairn..:thumbs up: Who did you deal with Stuart or Pamela??

Tell them you know me (or kind of via the Forum) on Thursday when you pick up the New Car :D:D

Will do, I actually dealt with pamela last week and stuart today, both very nice.

Big Gordy
27th April 2009, 08:48 PM
So you just ignored the advice Craig and I gave you then:ragin::moonie::lol:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:50 PM
Just did a wee insurance quote, was slighly worried, I was 280 with the old car and 310 with the new, totally stunned :eek::eek:...old BA%^$£" syndome.

Ivano
27th April 2009, 08:51 PM
Will do, I actually dealt with pamela last week and stuart today, both very nice.

But you really preferred Pamela.... Be Honest now :D:D

Or as the wife might say :hand::hand:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 08:52 PM
So you just ignored the advice Craig and I gave you then:ragin::moonie::lol:

Basically yes....took everything onboard that everyone had to say, Craig did say if i was going to go for one then i should go for at least a 08 plate. Which i duly did.

Edit: Yes for both questions Pamela was hot!!!

Gismo
27th April 2009, 08:53 PM
Nice one :thumbs up:

MINI William
27th April 2009, 08:54 PM
Congrats :thumbs up:

Colin
27th April 2009, 08:58 PM
Well done hope you enjoy the new car. :thumbs up:

Good job it wasn't red and black :rolleyes:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 09:03 PM
I like the chilli red to be honest but the blue for me (being a Hun and all). Did almost get an R57 but i (the wife) did not want me spending 25K on a mini. (demo One in showroom).

KenL
27th April 2009, 09:22 PM
Excellent.

Please post pics and fullspec when you get it.

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 09:25 PM
Excellent.

Please post pics and fullspec when you get it.

This is me your talking too I will be pestering everyone with all details. The only thing it did not have was the multifunction steering wheel, does anyone know what this costs to get.

countdown
27th April 2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the new car greig:thumbs up:

Forbes
27th April 2009, 09:41 PM
I was 280 with the old car and 310 with the new.

I would say £30 for a Turbo is cheap:rolleyes:

KenL
27th April 2009, 09:42 PM
This is me your talking too I will be pestering everyone with all details. The only thing it did not have was the multifunction steering wheel, does anyone know what this costs to get.

Was reading somewhere on MINI2 or totalmini that this is a lot cheaper to install on newer cars as the cars are wired for it.

I "someone" posted it could be done for £150. If I find that post, I'll let you know.

Craig
27th April 2009, 09:44 PM
well Grieg you have gone and bloody done it.... don't say I didn't warn you.... :moonie:;)

seriously tho, all the best with the new motor, it will certainly be MUCH quicker than your coop :yes nod:

I have a wee exhaust you can buy off me... could be your first mod... :smilewinkgrin::clap:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 09:54 PM
well Grieg you have gone and bloody done it.... don't say I didn't warn you.... :moonie:;)

seriously tho, all the best with the new motor, it will certainly be MUCH quicker than your coop :yes nod:

I have a wee exhaust you can buy off me... could be your first mod... :smilewinkgrin::clap:

what are you like, what one is it that you have, and how much do you want for it? Meant to ask can you get the alloys (s spokes i think) powder coated white, and how much roughly?

shaunbhoy67
27th April 2009, 09:58 PM
congrats greig good on you for getting an r56 looking forward to seeing the pics, im ordering my first mod the morn! lol :D

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:03 PM
what are you like, what one is it that you have, and how much do you want for it? Meant to ask can you get the alloys (s spokes i think) powder coated white, and how much roughly?

Pics below... Would need to be welded onto car. Made by Stainless Creations in Falkirk (www.stainless-creations.co.uk) Cost me £350 fitted. Only on car for 6 weeks before I traded it for my current car. ;) Yours for £150. I will even polish it before you pick it up :yes nod::yes nod:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/ex4.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/ex1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/ex2.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/ex6.jpg

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:06 PM
Yes I will take it, will need a few weeks to get the cash together, but i will take it, cheers mate....wow mods begin before i get the car yeeeehaaaa

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:06 PM
the powder coat would be about £40 per wheel at most and they can do it in pretty much any colour :yes nod::thumbs up:

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:07 PM
Yes I will take it, will need a few weeks to get the cash together, but i will take it, cheers mate....wow mods begin before i get the car yeeeehaaaa

nae rush mate - been in my garage for over a year, so just let me know when you want it...

:thumbs up:

Thanks for the sale. :clap::clap:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:09 PM
the powder coat would be about £40 per wheel at most and they can do it in pretty much any colour :yes nod::thumbs up:

Yes sounds good, think it would be nice in the white. The roof/caps and bonnet stripes are white so i think white wheel would be the dogs. What do you recon, wife says black, not so sure

Infact if anyone could help and show me pics of a hyper blue (white roof) with black s spokes, that would be gr8

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:11 PM
Yes sounds good, think it would be nice in the white. The roof/caps and bonnet stripes are white so i think white wheel would be the dogs. What do you recon, wife says black, not so sure

white does look good with white roof and mirror caps. You have to keep on top of the cleaning of the wheels or they can go a bit yellowie. But you seem to like to clean yer car regular, so it shouldn't be a prob :thumbs up:

Ivano
27th April 2009, 10:13 PM

Thought you might say that.. It is a nice looking Custom system :thumbs up:

Gismo
27th April 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the sale. :clap::clap:At last :Whistle: won't see any more posts about it now :D

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:15 PM
white does look good with white roof and mirror caps. You have to keep on top of the cleaning of the wheels or they can go a bit yellowie. But you seem to like to clean yer car regular, so it shouldn't be a prob :thumbs up:

cleaning, not a problem, me likes cleaning:rolleyes:

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:15 PM
At last :Whistle: won't see any more posts about it now :D

it only took about 18 months.... :rolleyes:;):clap:

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:17 PM
Thought you might say that.. It is a nice looking Custom system :thumbs up:

yes it really is. Just said to the missus......."see how you liked my custom exhaust well i think one of the guys is selling one of cheaply"....she has just come off the roof now, and said "what ever"....is that woman speak for yes?

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:17 PM
black wheels on laser blue

http://media.photobucket.com/image/laser%20blue%20mini/DCCXLIX/MINI/jcws.jpg

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:18 PM
it only took about 18 months.... :rolleyes:;):clap:

Did'nt realise it was that old...£100 then ;)..he he he

Craig
27th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Did'nt realise it was that old...£100 then ;)..he he he

sorry, my hearing has gone a bit.... :shut up::rolleyes:;)

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:19 PM
black wheels on laser blue

http://media.photobucket.com/image/laser%20blue%20mini/DCCXLIX/MINI/jcws.jpg

mmm interesting indeed, i like that.

audrey
27th April 2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats on your new car Greig :thumbs up:

IMO White wheels would look better on your car not keen on the black with the white roof :D

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats on your new car Greig :thumbs up:

IMO White wheels would look better on your car not keen on the black with the white roof :D

Thanks, yes I take your point that is the route I most likely will take

Stewart
27th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Great news,:thumbs up: I will love seeing it in the flesh on the twilight run……. Pity I never got to see the current one. :sad:

Credit crunch, what credit crunch you lot are all buying newish Cooper S…………:D

GCA3N
27th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Great news,:thumbs up: I will love seeing it in the flesh on the twilight run……. Pity I never got to see the current one. :sad:

Credit crunch, what credit crunch you lot are all buying newish Cooper S…………:D

Join the revolution:bigwave:

Scottie
27th April 2009, 11:06 PM
At last :Whistle: won't see any more posts about it now :D

thank god

at least we will hear the new car coming now.:shut up::shut up:

I've got a stainless creation exhaust on my wee cooper and I'm happy with it.

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2009, 11:07 PM
yes it really is. Just said to the missus......."see how you liked my custom exhaust well i think one of the guys is selling one of cheaply"....she has just come off the roof now, and said "what ever"....is that woman speak for yes?

ROFLMAO (you do remember what that is after the chat on Sunday, right).

I remember a post on NMS a few years ago. It was a link to a pistonheads type web site, a guy was selling his fancy sports car - something like an Evo or Scooby or something. In the description he suggested potential buyers may want to check with their "better half" first as the reason for sale was "just do whatever the f**k you want doesn't actually mean what I thought it meant.":lol:

Wheels, black with white roof - no no no no NO NOOOOOOO. Looks awful IMHO. White wheels with white roof looks OK, but I always thought it looked better with the original Electric Blue and white roof. That was a good mix.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Big Gordy
28th April 2009, 08:18 AM
"what ever"....is that woman speak for yes?

In my experience I've usually found that to mean NO Greig....but yours may be different:rolleyes::moonie:

Crombers
28th April 2009, 08:31 AM
In my experience I've usually found that to mean NO

In my experience I would probably agree with this statement :yes nod:

GCA3N
28th April 2009, 08:34 AM
In my experience I've usually found that to mean NO Greig....but yours may be different:rolleyes::moonie:

She had a wee drink in her, celebration one you understand, my idea not hers. Will drop subtle hints again, may need to purchase some flowers first :hand::Whistle:

KenL
28th April 2009, 09:01 AM

...are you STILL trying to sell that :D

BTW, I have a pair of chequered mirror caps for sale ;)

zimbo
28th April 2009, 09:47 AM
Greig congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you will be very happy :yes nod:
Roll on Thursday... :thumbs up: Dont forget to try and get some pics of both cars together when you pick up the new car and while your at it try and get a pic of this Pamela ;) :D

:lol:

Stewart
28th April 2009, 10:10 AM
while your at it try and get a pic of this Pamela ;) :D

I’d love to see you pull that one off with the wife there……………

“Pamela just stand there will you and thanks again for agreeing to try on the bikini, that’s great, maybe just a thought could you bend slightly over the new car, that right” :hand: