PDA

View Full Version : Snow Foam pics

Scottie
25th April 2009, 09:26 PM
was detailing my Mini tonight getting her ready for Knockhill tomorrow.

Thought I'd take a couple pics the snow foam on the car.:blush: Pics taken about 5 mins after Allan applied it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/009e20b5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/9cc07396.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2009, 09:33 PM
Creamy!

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 09:35 PM
If I get my R56 will defo be getting me one of these kits, so will be asking soon what to get

Fester
25th April 2009, 10:23 PM
If I get my R56 will defo be getting me one of these kits, so will be asking soon what to get

Why wait you know you want one. I get a big smile everytime I use mine.

Oh hang on that sounds rude :blush:

Gismo
25th April 2009, 10:49 PM
I seriously didn't have my mixture right :blush:

Stewart
26th April 2009, 10:52 AM
"Pics taken about 5 mins after Allan applied it."

I've got the HD Lance, What foam did you use?

Unless you put in half the bottle of the foam:D thats good for just after five minutes and still clinging.:thumbs up:

Not cleaned my car in a few weeks as I'm waiting on the weather and peace to get stuck in and get the tar off it and polish,glaze, sealed. then the week after start the wax.:blush:

Scottie
26th April 2009, 05:58 PM
"Pics taken about 5 mins after Allan applied it."

I've got the HD Lance, What foam did you use?

Unless you put in half the bottle of the foam:D thats good for just after five minutes and still clinging.:thumbs up:

Not cleaned my car in a few weeks as I'm waiting on the weather and peace to get stuck in and get the tar off it and polish,glaze, sealed. then the week after start the wax.:blush:

used the megs hyper wash and added 30ml to the lance bottle followed by hottish water.

Only used half of the mix in the lance bottle to apply the foam to the car.
think a lot has to do with how powerful you PW is.

Craig
26th April 2009, 06:56 PM

i second that.... the more powerful, the better the foam. At least in my experience. I still haven't used mine as I don't have a good enough pressure washer... :rolleyes:

Stewart
26th April 2009, 07:35 PM
used the megs hyper wash and added 30ml to the lance bottle followed by hottish water.

Only used half of the mix in the lance bottle to apply the foam to the car.

Only had the Megs Hyper in my Gil……..not my lance will have to give it a try. I’ve been using actual snow foam at about an Inch in the bottle.

Might be the PW………..its only a B&Q special (110 Bar MAX) with the same fitment as a Bosh washer so if I had to get a new PW it would be a Bosh….

Scottie
26th April 2009, 07:54 PM
i second that.... the more powerful, the better the foam. At least in my experience. I still haven't used mine as I don't have a good enough pressure washer... :rolleyes:

I agree Craig that and you don't have the best water pressure either but better than what we had at the Muir.

Only had the Megs Hyper in my Gil……..not my lance will have to give it a try. I’ve been using actual snow foam at about an Inch in the bottle.

Might be the PW………..its only a B&Q special (110 Bar MAX) with the same fitment as a Bosh washer so if I had to get a new PW it would be a Bosh….

we got a new PW a couple months back only after researching the DW website and the web we went with a Kracher as they are easy to buy from any retail outlet and got one from the K6 range,

Crombers
26th April 2009, 11:25 PM
Whatever happened to the old bucket & sponge :rolleyes:

Stewart
27th April 2009, 01:21 PM
Whatever happened to the old bucket & sponge :rolleyes:

I think that was left for the dealers to use:thumbs up:, the Merc garage up in Giffnock has a pressure washer bay at the back but for speed and ease a wee man goes round all the cars lined up facing the road with the old bucket and sponge.:argh:

It’s fantastic he can do about ten cars an hour…..with his bucket and the same dirty sponge and an open hose! Worst was the day I seen him get the Snow off the cars with a brush………oh yeah…….:D

I'm not faultless I used to wash a wee Nova way back the same way and polish it to death…not that much better with my Honda :blush: but moved on with my Mini……………