PDA

View Full Version : I have a bone to pick with you R56 owners

GCA3N
24th April 2009, 06:59 PM
Right this is for all you out there that are responsible for bringing your shiny R56 cooper (s) to the run on Sunday. (which i basically drooled over) I have only gone and test drove one today. 08 lazer blue cooper s, mmmm lorverly. So now have to think long and hard about giving up my wee R50. The car was amazing and drove out of this world. So I know that this is not exactly the right place to advertise, so just want to get a feel if anyone would like to or know anyone else that would like to buy my motor. Like I say just testing the water.:thumbs up:

KenL
24th April 2009, 07:50 PM
Is trading in not an option? I got a good price plus a hefty discount on a new stock car.

Bazthemod
24th April 2009, 08:01 PM
<Panto evil laugh>

Muhahahahahahahahhahaha

<Disappears stage left>

GCA3N
24th April 2009, 08:02 PM
Is trading in not an option? I got a good price plus a hefty discount on a new stock car.

It from a mini dealership and to be honest they said they would have to strip the car down to sell it on, they advised I would get a much better price if I sold it privately. Would be gutted to see it put back to it's origonal. What do you think i should ask for it. It is an 2003 on a 52 plate with 53k on the clock.

GCA3N
24th April 2009, 08:02 PM
<Panto evil laugh>

Muhahahahahahahahhahaha

<Disappears stage left>

It's your fault!!!!;):thumbs up:

Bazthemod
24th April 2009, 08:03 PM
Think i have done same to a certain other member who was there Sunday.... i should be on commission :p

KenL
24th April 2009, 08:33 PM
It from a mini dealership and to be honest they said they would have to strip the car down to sell it on, they advised I would get a much better price if I sold it privately. Would be gutted to see it put back to it's origonal. What do you think i should ask for it. It is an 2003 on a 52 plate with 53k on the clock.

No idea. A modified car is not everyone's cup of tea.

If you want an R56, you would be best restoring it to MINI components, trading and selling the bits privately.

Crombers
24th April 2009, 08:38 PM
One of the drawbacks of modding your car & then wanting to buy something else i'm afraid. Most folk on here (if they have modded) go back to standard to sell & they then auction off all the good bits they've bought (like some of the good stuff I now have on my car that used to belong to other NMS'ers :thumbs up: , cheers folks).

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2009, 09:04 PM
I have only gone and test drove one today. 08 lazer blue cooper s, mmmm lorverly.

Go on you know you want to, and laser blue....:thumbs up::cool::thumbs up:, but I would say that.:smilewinkgrin:

shaunbhoy67
24th April 2009, 09:22 PM
go on greig you know you want that R56 :p:lol::lol:

It does sound mint defo needs some consideration :yes nod::thumbs up:

Bazthemod
24th April 2009, 09:40 PM
Greig contact Mark Dryden of Saltire on here... most dealers wont be too keen on your car as it is above the general mileage for mini cherished scheme. They will almost certainly send your car to auction. In my case JC's were selling my car onto Mark so i cut out the middleman and sold direct.

JC's weren't too keen on my One as it was fairly modded pics here....http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14218

My advice is sell private or contact Mark :thumbs up:

john
24th April 2009, 10:15 PM
WANTED http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17459

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 09:09 AM
Greig contact Mark Dryden of Saltire on here... most dealers wont be too keen on your car as it is above the general mileage for mini cherished scheme. They will almost certainly send your car to auction. In my case JC's were selling my car onto Mark so i cut out the middleman and sold direct.

JC's weren't too keen on my One as it was fairly modded pics here....http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14218

My advice is sell private or contact Mark :thumbs up:

thanks baz and all

Stewart
25th April 2009, 09:26 AM
I’ve simply banned myself from looking, to dangerous although I’m delighted with my Cooper I might get an S next time. I fancy that gun metal one with the blue a close second.

I was looking forward to seeing your car in the flesh as well on the Twilight Run, and I bet that is in the back of you mind, but if you’ve pictured yourself in a new S on those roads and got the nod from the other half then am afraid its game over. :argh:

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 10:23 AM
I have to say that I am not 100%. I still love my wee cooper and it is still upsetting me even thinking about selling it. I do like the new R56 but if push came to shove I still think i still prefer the older shape. The only reason for going for the R56 is that I want a new or nearly new car.

N12 JLK
25th April 2009, 04:17 PM
There is a bloke in my work after a Cooper S. I will mention your car to him and see what he thinks. what mods do you have?

Lesley

Bazthemod
25th April 2009, 04:44 PM
Its worth thinking about what you want from a new car too, if you plan to carry on modding then remember you might have issues with warranty.

This was a side of things i never thought about really until i had the new car and its worth seeing it from both sides :smilewinkgrin:

I miss my playmini exhaust :sad: really shouldn't have looked out pics of my old car hehe

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 04:47 PM
There is a bloke in my work after a Cooper S. I will mention your car to him and see what he thinks. what mods do you have?

Lesley

Here is my gallery showcase, mods on page 1
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16594

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 04:50 PM
Its worth thinking about what you want from a new car too, if you plan to carry on modding then remember you might have issues with warranty.

This was a side of things i never thought about really until i had the new car and its worth seeing it from both sides :smilewinkgrin:

I miss my playmini exhaust :sad: really shouldn't have looked out pics of my old car hehe

Your right, that is why i won't get one until it's the right one. Probably won't do that much to a new one. Could'nt afford it if i got one anyway. Want the JCW aero kit on an S. But just trying to find one. Also like the multi function steering wheel. I will play it by ear see what comes up, i'm in no rush. Just wanshed and waxed my wee motor today, so not feeling like getting shot of it:frown:.

RyanK
25th April 2009, 05:32 PM
Im in the same boat at the moment, looking at an astro black r56 S. Just unsure whether I want to go ahead or not. Got a quick testdrive and did like it alot, only problem was that the spec is pretty limp. Only has the chili pack and metallic paint :(

I like the fact that with it being a 58 plate I get the remainder of the 3 year warranty and TLC pack however with that means I won't really be able to modify the car heavily. The other issue with buying the R56 (for me) is that I could only afford it if I am to go the PCP Mini select route, the problem with this is that I don't want to be lumbered with the car for 4 years!

Back looking at r53 jcws

Bazthemod
25th April 2009, 06:59 PM
Ryan i'm on PCP you don't need to keep the car 4 years you can trade it in at any point you want. Text me if u want details of my policy as a comparison.

I looked at getting a cooper S too but i could only afford basic spec, so i decided to just go for the cooper and get a fairly heavy spec as im more of a looks over speed kinda guy. :rolleyes:

Said to salesman at the time my next step would be a Cooper S and i will probs get one in about 2 years time.

Scottie
25th April 2009, 09:45 PM
Right this is for all you out there that are responsible for bringing your shiny R56 cooper (s) to the run on Sunday. (which i basically drooled over) I have only gone and test drove one today. 08 lazer blue cooper s, mmmm lorverly. So now have to think long and hard about giving up my wee R50. The car was amazing and drove out of this world. So I know that this is not exactly the right place to advertise, so just want to get a feel if anyone would like to or know anyone else that would like to buy my motor. Like I say just testing the water.:thumbs up:

seems to me Greig that you like to mod your car and I'm sure alot of the pleasure you get from a Mini is being able to tweak things to the way you like it and to do it yourself.

With the R56 will you be able to carry on to do this??

maybe a late R53 Cooper S is the answer for you.

The Dogfather
25th April 2009, 10:03 PM
If you get an R56 S you'll ask yourself if its worth tweeking anything, TBH I think the car is pretty much spot on as it is....

OK the stereo needs to be tweeked, but that's it

GCA3N
25th April 2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for that.

N12 JLK
27th April 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi, can you PM me your mobile number if you are serious. Guy from work is interested.

Lesley

Burple
27th April 2009, 04:33 PM
Ryan i'm on PCP

Aye... I thought as much.... ;):p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bazthemod
27th April 2009, 07:39 PM
Aye... I thought as much.... ;):p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aye i got it from a different kind of 'dealer' ;):p