PDA

View Full Version : R56 S with dump valve-Loanhead

ianking
24th April 2009, 12:06 PM
Spotted a laser blue R56S with Aero Kit and R105s. Think the reg started DU56
Im sure the owner has been on here before.

It is ocassionaly parked just round from my work at the Loanhead Industrial Estate. When I was waiting at the van for my Friday treat bacon roll it drove past and was making some good noises.

Would like to find out the owner so that I can find out more about the blow off valve etc.

Ivano
24th April 2009, 01:38 PM
AeroJonny had one fitted for a while on his R56 S, so i'm sure he will be along shortly to advise :thumbs up:

RyanK
24th April 2009, 02:42 PM
The owner of that particular S has just had a bigger turbo fitted to it, its an ATP kit and i've yet to find out more info. He said a while back he would post the results on mini torque once it was fitted, pretty sure it was only fitted over the last week so can't wait to hear what the gains are.

This is his car in the vid :thumbs up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Tkz-M8E2U

The Dogfather
24th April 2009, 07:17 PM
Marcy on NM has a dump valve fitted, he did him himself.

roysterdsb
26th April 2009, 08:32 AM
The owner of that particular S has just had a bigger turbo fitted to it, its an ATP kit and i've yet to find out more info. He said a while back he would post the results on mini torque once it was fitted, pretty sure it was only fitted over the last week so can't wait to hear what the gains are.

This is his car in the vid :thumbs up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Tkz-M8E2U

Here are a few more pictures of it

www.photobucket.com/coopman

ianking
27th April 2009, 08:21 AM
Here are a few more pictures of it

www.photobucket.com/coopman (http://www.photobucket.com/coopman)

Thanks

Do you know the guy?

p.s still never spotted your MINI going about Penicuik. Give me a wave and flash even if you are in your other car.

AeroJonny
27th April 2009, 02:15 PM
The BOV's a doddle to fit Ian, 15-20min job and easily reversible. Have a look on the Forge Motorsport website where they have a fitting guide that shows you just how easy it is!

roysterdsb
28th April 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks

Do you know the guy?

p.s still never spotted your MINI going about Penicuik. Give me a wave and flash even if you are in your other car.

I don't know who he is, but he posted on MiniTorque a few weeks back with some details of his conversion. I asked him where in the 'burgh he was from but no response... hopefully he will show up here!

My mini is stuck down in Worcester at the moment (been there nearly a month), the Exedy clutch/flywheel are giving me serious grief & going in for a warranty claim (the guy at exedy had the cheek to ask if i was using nitrous!), its only done 1500 miles on it & lucky if its gone over 5000 rpm & i've been very gentle in running it in.

On a much more positive note... i'm going turbo charged as well :D I've gone the whole hog... new JE pistons & whacking big Garrett GT3071 (its a Turbo Conversion package from Mr Hubie Fuh, with the install from 1320), should be up and running end of July/start of August by the time everything is manufactured and installed. The anticipation is killing me :D

I have seen your car a few times but its usually parked up with nobody around, will look out for you and wave though. Need to park up and get a proper look at it :thumbs up:

ianking
29th April 2009, 08:40 AM
On a much more positive note... i'm going turbo charged as well :D I've gone the whole hog... new JE pistons & whacking big Garrett GT3071 (its a Turbo Conversion package from Mr Hubie Fuh, with the install from 1320), should be up and running end of July/start of August by the time everything is manufactured and installed. The anticipation is killing me :D

I have seen your car a few times but its usually parked up with nobody around, will look out for you and wave though. Need to park up and get a proper look at it :thumbs up:

Sounds good.

Is that the same conversion that 'The Gismo Man' has?

When you get it done you really need to bring it round and take me on a run.

roysterdsb
30th April 2009, 06:17 AM
Sounds good.

Is that the same conversion that 'The Gismo Man' has?

When you get it done you really need to bring it round and take me on a run.

I pretty certain Gismo Man went for the GTT top mount conversion. The route i've decided to take is fairly similar, Hubie Fuh (ABF/MegaMini) is US based & its all coming across from there in the next 8-10 weeks.

Yep, will defo give you a shout when its up & running. Although it will be a mad car, it will actually be very civilised around town (less noise than current set up anyway!)

Gismo
30th April 2009, 08:46 AM
I pretty certain Gismo Man went for the GTT top mount conversionCorrect :thumbs up:

it will actually be very civilised around town (less noise than current set up anyway!)I found mine was too quiet, hardly any exhaust sound at all, so, fitted the Milltek

roysterdsb
2nd May 2009, 10:52 AM
Correct :thumbs up:

I found mine was too quiet, hardly any exhaust sound at all, so, fitted the Milltek

I've got the unsilenced playmini on mine just now (wish i'd gone Miltek), Hubie is going to fabricate new 3" pipework on a new catback (its an expense i wasn't planning on, but what the heck!)

roysterdsb
2nd May 2009, 10:54 AM

I did just that about 6.00pm last night (only managed the wave though) you were driving out of Howgate and I was driving in (had the family in tow and my new Audi was looking rather in need of a wash)

ianking
4th May 2009, 08:38 AM
Ah never spotted you. I would have been at my folks house.

Was it me or my good lady that was driving?

roysterdsb
4th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Ah never spotted you. I would have been at my folks house.

Was it me or my good lady that was driving?

I was looking more at your cool car than the driver... but i'm pretty certain it was you.

Had a nice slap up meal at the Howgate though (good old scampi & chips :thumbs up:)

R56Turbo
6th December 2009, 11:59 PM
:D Just noticed that this is my car.

Good to see theres alot of mini owners around these parts. In summer i moved into town so put a pause on the big turbo project for a bit. Just recently felt the tuning bug coming back so sorted out a short term solution to get good power out the car. Will be much quicker very soon.
VfPImIw4XzQ

I will post up results soon.

PS the bov is an hks ssqv. Hope to see you all about :bigwave:

ianking
7th December 2009, 09:48 AM
I work just round the corner from you at BEAR although I am in the Sharkey Space building so I park my car in the wee side car park visible from the way you drive in to your work.
If I see you and I will wave, hopefully you dont think Im a mad man, its just that I want to see your car. :D

R56Turbo
23rd January 2010, 11:44 PM
No worries :thumbs up:

Its always good to meet other like minded mini owners :smilewinkgrin: