PDA

View Full Version : 1st Use Of Wul's Meguiars

Gismo
1st May 2004, 03:01 AM
1st use of the magic formula Meguiars, found the shampoo was absolutely streak free, something i'm good at with other brands :evil:
The wax is also very good, though i found it a wee bit hard to rub off after it dried, but, big thumbs up to the latest convert
Zymol hits the bin :)

Julz
1st May 2004, 03:46 AM
Glad you liked it, cause I wasnae taking it back!!;) So I presume it stopped raining then, or it's because of the rain that Mili was streak free!!:eek::D

Wul
1st May 2004, 04:09 AM
Great News Alan!:) The main reason it is hard to rub off is because you used too much wax in the first place and it's then got a thick coating to rub off:eek: You only need about a pound coin sized blob to do half the roof for example! and keep rubbing it in with the applicator till it's almost gone.

By the time you've gone right round the car the first panel will rub up very easily:) Oh and another tip - use two microfibre towels too - one for the main buff up and one for a final wipe - makes it a doddle then:cool:

Julz
1st May 2004, 04:20 AM
Well tough, Autosave only had one microfibre cloth!!:eek::)

Wul
1st May 2004, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Well tough, Autosave only had one microfibre cloth!!:eek::)

Better get the scissors out then :p;)

or buy the ones from here (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk) for much much less!

Gismo
1st May 2004, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the tip Wul, i'm pretty sure i didn't apply too much, ah well.

One thing though, JULZ, thought you said you got me tyre brightener stuff ;):evil:

Julz
1st May 2004, 04:55 AM
You said you didn't want it!!:disapprove:

p.s. did you like the nice smell everything has??:)

Heather
1st May 2004, 07:24 AM
the gold class polish looks and smells like baileys irish cream!!:p

minidriver#1
1st May 2004, 09:44 PM
i gotta get my wax on for tonight

Julz
1st May 2004, 11:51 PM
I did the ultimate test today (or so I thought) covered the car in Megs polish, under mucho scorchio sunshine, waited a bit and then just lightly buffed it off!! Easy peasy!! Even polished the 205 for tonight too, and if it's like this tomorrow, I promised that I'd clean Herbie too!!:D:cool::cool: