PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 8

Gismo
21st April 2009, 12:45 PM
Anyone else using it?
Just installed it today, so, we'll see how it goes

mini saltire
21st April 2009, 01:07 PM
yup using it and it hasn't crashed yet and thats over a week!!:thumbs up: Vast improvement over the past ones.

MINI William
21st April 2009, 02:17 PM
Had it installed for a week or so now.Dont know if i like it or not yet.prob prefer 7 if im honest

Gismo
21st April 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not really using any of the new features, often when i closed down the browser the IE7 would freeze, so, if 8 doesn't do that i'll be happy enough

Craig
21st April 2009, 04:48 PM
still using 7 and to be honest never had a problem with it... ;)

bigcoyote
21st April 2009, 08:58 PM
We put 8 on our new netbook last week - seems to be working fine so far.....:computer:

Smitty
21st April 2009, 09:17 PM
IE.....losers!! :p

Firefox all the way....saying that it's beginning to lag a little now. The new Safari is the mutts nuts on Mac's - i just haven't made the switch yet.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2009, 12:30 AM
What's the big changes from 7 to 8?

A.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2009, 04:17 PM
what's the big changes from 7 to 8?

A.

bump!

GAJ
22nd April 2009, 04:26 PM
What's new in IE8 - http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet-explorer-8.htm

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2009, 07:21 PM
Is anyone else noticing IE8 is freezing sometimes when you open a new browser window.

If you have an existing browser window open you can use that fine to navigate to any site, but if you open a new window the new window won't go to ANY site.

Same happens even if you open a new tab.

A.:sad:

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2009, 07:23 PM
Only way to fix the problem seems to be to close all open browser windows then re-start IE8. Works fine after that.

A.

Gismo
5th May 2009, 07:59 AM
Andy, i suffered that with IE7 as well, what i have a problem with mostly is the freezing when closing down the browser

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2009, 08:10 AM
Andy, i suffered that with IE7 as well, what i have a problem with mostly is the freezing when closing down the browser

I had that to a smaller extent with IE7. With IE7 if you opened the browser and immediately clicked a favourite to go to before it had "connected" to and started to download from the home page, basically you were guffed and it just wouldn't go to ANY web page. Provided you shut the browser, then re-opened it and gave it the 5 secs or so to start downloading from the home page, you were fine.

But with IE8, this freezing issue is a real PITA.

A.

Smitty
5th May 2009, 09:41 AM
But with IE8, this freezing issue is a real PITA.

Why don't you switch Andy? There are plenty of other Browser options which are much me reliable than IE.

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2009, 11:06 PM
Why don't you switch Andy? There are plenty of other Browser options which are much me reliable than IE.

It may come to that.

Anyone tried Chrome from Google?

A.

Smitty
7th May 2009, 10:27 PM
It may come to that.

Anyone tried Chrome from Google?

A.

I gave chrome a bash on a Windows PC - not tried it for Mac just yet.

It wasn't bad - very basic but it was very quick!

I'm using firefox at the moment but may well switch to Safari if the 3.5 release doesn't increase the speed or features!