PDA

View Full Version : Fintray House Speed Hillclimb 9th May

phantom
1st May 2004, 01:38 AM
Hi all, right who got a letter from John Clarks inviting them to the Fintray House Speed Hillclimb on Sunday 9th May ( near Aberdeen ). Now there must be a few as I phoned first thing this morning to say we will be there and if I was one of the 20 first come first served to get a ride on the cercuit in a new mini, no chance, thats already full! Does anyone who is going fancy a convoy up to it? I rang John Clarks tonight to see if anyone who did not get there little baby from them could use the free hospitality. Unfortunately they said no, so the admission price is £3.00 for anyone who did not get a letter. So rather short notice to say the least, but is anyone up for a convoy.:)
Depart Dundee KFC at 10.00am
Depart Montrose, Somerfield car park at 10.40am
Arrive Duthie Park at approx 11.20am

1. Phantom + 1
2. Bonnie Scotland + 2
3. Julz + Rob, can't make it:(
4. DNV122 + Sarah + Weans!
5. Chum of DNV122 with Red MCS
6. Scheckter MC + 1THAR with BELLS ON
7. BRIZEE & ASHLEY
8. monkimajic in merc hopefully, good man!
9. RS
10. john
11. jenny
12. shotgun + 2
13. shoppie

Gismo
1st May 2004, 01:57 AM
Got my letter and have booked 3 people for it, will be leaving Montrose but could meet up somewhere

phantom
1st May 2004, 02:37 AM
Hi Alan, Ok, we can meet up on route if you want, I reckon the A92 will be the best route, I will start a list and hopefully we will get a few! We can sort times etc mid week once I get an idea on numbers.:D

Julz
1st May 2004, 02:54 AM
We booked yesterday!!

Julz
1st May 2004, 03:51 AM
Can you add my +1 please (also known as the long suffering Rob!!:sleepy:)

phantom
1st May 2004, 03:54 AM
Sorted Julz, what have I let my self in for here!:)

phantom
1st May 2004, 11:48 PM
What time do you guys and gals wish to be at the event for, I was thinking around 12ish or is that too late for u's. :)

DNV122
2nd May 2004, 02:55 AM
Me & Sarah & weans (still deciding if this is a good idea or not....)

Any thoughts on a departure point in town ?

phantom
2nd May 2004, 03:16 AM
Hi DNV122 ? Thats four cars hopefully, I thought this was going to be a dismall flop but things looking up, I was thinking of Dundee KFC as the starting point, don't know were you are leaving from, Sandwich island:I is this any help:question:

DNV122
2nd May 2004, 03:19 AM
I'm in Aberdeen - so looking for the locals to come up with some plans - what about Duthie Park to allow a meet with the 'pae possy'

phantom
2nd May 2004, 03:26 AM
I take it the Pae Possy will be us from Dundee and Montrose:p all this funny jock talk is still troubling me even though I was born in Helensburgh and have lived in Fife for the last 23 years, grew up in England:(

DNV122
2nd May 2004, 06:44 PM
dundae - twa paes, a bradie an' an inghin ane an aw

english translation - two scottish mince pie delicacies, a folded mince-filled pastry, and an onion-filled version of said pastry

phantom
2nd May 2004, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

dundae - twa paes, a bradie an' an inghin ane an aw

english translation - two scottish mince pie delicacies, a folded mince-filled pastry, and an onion-filled version of said pastry
Oh No! not that one:pMy work mates get me to say it, still cant say it right:II was up here for 15 years before I found out it wasn't " onion gravy on it as well ":clown:Well I'm off to travel up to Fintray today to find were to go and find meeting spots, no point having them if I dont no were there are.:cool:

phantom
3rd May 2004, 03:38 AM
Right then, went up to Fintray today, so heres the plan.
Depart Dundee KFC at 10am
Arrive at Montrose and depart about 10.40am at Somerfield carpark, by train station.
Should arrive at Aberdeen, Duthie Park around 11.20am, then move on to Fintray.
Does that suit everyone, or not.

Gismo
3rd May 2004, 05:36 AM
That's fine by me :)

DNV122
3rd May 2004, 06:03 AM
Yahoo - a plan.

I passed the turnoff for Fintray on the way up to Turriff.

I've persuaded a chum with a red MCS to come along, even though he should have received a letter from JC...

Scheckter MC
3rd May 2004, 08:04 PM
11:20am...... Duthie Park... Sunday 9th........ I'll be there.... +1...................

phantom
4th May 2004, 02:34 AM
Welcome aboard Jody.:D Lets hope the weather was as good as yesterday.

phantom
4th May 2004, 02:38 AM

Yahoo - a plan.

I passed the turnoff for Fintray on the way up to Turriff.

I've persuaded a chum with a red MCS to come along, even though he should have received a letter from JC...

I went down to the village of Hatton of Fintray, no obvious signs for a big house, but as its before we get to Hatton I'm sure it will be sign posted on the day.:p

RS
4th May 2004, 02:48 AM
It's out from the village a bit. On the day it becomes very obvious where you are meant to be, so there shouldn't be any opportunity for getting lost.

phantom
4th May 2004, 02:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by RS

It's out from the village a bit. On the day it becomes very obvious where you are meant to be, so there shouldn't be any opportunity for getting lost.
Top man Richard, are you going:question:

bpirie1000
4th May 2004, 03:13 AM
i'LL B

1. Phantom + 1
2. Bonnie Scotland + 2
3. Julz + Rob
4. DNV122 + Sarah + Weans!
5. Chum of DNV122 with Red MCS
6. Scheckter MC + 1THAR WITH BELLS ON
7. BRIZEE AND ASHLEY.

phantom
4th May 2004, 03:29 AM
Looks like the Aberdonions are coming good.:D:D

monkimagic
4th May 2004, 04:07 AM
Go on put me down please.( not literally )Duthie park it is !

Monki

RS
4th May 2004, 04:46 AM
[/quote]Top man Richard, are you going:question:
[/quote]

It's certainly our intention to come along. We'll join in at the Duthie Park.

DNV122
4th May 2004, 06:19 AM
No sign of John - are you still coming along or is the sight of racing MINIs without you in one too much to bear ?

john
4th May 2004, 07:50 AM

No sign of John - are you still coming along or is the sight of racing MINIs without you in one too much to bear ?

It is a bit hard to rear but i'm sure I will make it:(

monkimagic
4th May 2004, 08:59 AM
Bugger, I just realised I am working, I may drag the young people I work with along, but it will be in a Green MERCEDES VITO

Monki

phantom
5th May 2004, 03:50 AM
Great to have you all on board:D Starting to look like a decent convoy for the final leg.:D

shotgun
5th May 2004, 05:24 AM
I will be coming over from Inverurie if anyone is coming from the north?

garywatt
5th May 2004, 06:42 AM
Hi all

For the second year running, I won't make this:(

Cheers

Gary Watt

phantom
6th May 2004, 03:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by shotgun

I will be coming over from Inverurie if anyone is coming from the north?
Hi Euan, do you plan to join us at Duthie park:question:

jenny
6th May 2004, 04:39 AM
Hi il be there 2!! Think il just make my own way there as not sure what time il be sober enough to drive!:I cant wait to c all the minis:D c u there!:clown:

phantom
7th May 2004, 03:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by jenny

Hi il be there 2!! Think il just make my own way there as not sure what time il be sober enough to drive!:I cant wait to c all the minis:D c u there!:clown:
Thats dreadfull behaveur for one of our angels;), wait a minite, I worked in Ninewells as a kidney dialysis operator for two years:pjust the norm then.:clown:

garywatt
8th May 2004, 11:48 PM
Hi all

While I cannot make Fintry, I might be able to make it to Duthie Park until you all set off.

I've have the digital SLR to take all your pictures and have them all on a website before you all return home.

I have an appointment at 8.30-9.00am........what time is everyone meeting up at Duthie?

Cheers

Gary Watt

shotgun
9th May 2004, 01:44 AM
i probablly will make duthie actually.

phantom
9th May 2004, 02:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by shotgun

i probablly will make duthie actually.

Great to have you on board:cool:

shotgun
9th May 2004, 02:17 AM
me and two mates will be there at 1120. One of them is thinking of getting a mini wont need much persuading after sunday

shotgun
9th May 2004, 02:44 AM
Thought i would let everyone know that cars were getting stuck in the field today so better get a spot at the top of the hill or remember your tents!!!

phantom
9th May 2004, 02:58 AM
Weather forecast looks hopeful for Sunday, just hope the field drys out a bit, please.:p

garywatt
9th May 2004, 03:07 AM
Well guys

It's pouring of rain at the moment and Fintry is not really that far from me.

Hope it keeps dry for you all.

Cheers

Gary

Julz
9th May 2004, 03:11 AM
Sorry folks, looks like we won't be making this after all, getting a skip delivered tomorrow! How exhilirating!!8):dead:

phantom
9th May 2004, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Sorry folks, looks like we won't be making this after all, getting a skip delivered tomorrow! How exhilirating!!8):dead:

Hope to meet you both at the next run, if I get one bit of mud on my car tomorow I will be very cross:p

Gismo
9th May 2004, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by garywatt
what time is everyone meeting up at Duthie?Hopefully should be there at 11.20am :)

shoppie
9th May 2004, 04:29 AM
I'm booked. Catch up with you at Montrose.

phantom
9th May 2004, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by shoppie

I'm booked. Catch up with you at Montrose.

Cool:D

garywatt
9th May 2004, 04:35 AM
Hi all

OK, I should be at Duthie Park for you all.

Camera batteries charging so looking for nice shiny clean cars, combed hair and washed faces :cool:

Cheers

Gary

phantom
9th May 2004, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by garywatt

Hi all

OK, I should be at Duthie Park for you all.

Camera batteries charging so looking for nice shiny clean cars, combed hair and washed faces :cool:

Cheers

Gary

What do I do if I haven't got any hair, on top anyway:pcertainly make up for it south of the neck;)

Gismo
9th May 2004, 04:45 PM
Just in case i'm a wee bit late, i will be at the meeting point in Montrose :)